Not sure on these names... Girls version

Girls version:
link to the boys version: Not sure about these names...- boy version
[name_m]Hi[/name_m] again berries!.. Lately I’ve been trying to narrow down my list of names and add some new ones! I have some names that i’m not sure that I love yet. I need honest opinions! (and maybe some middle name ideas?) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Holland/Hollis- super cute but are they too ‘boyish’?
Rory- Is this name to hard to say? I feel like it’s so adorable though!
Dahlia- How do you guys say this name? I say it (Dall-e-a)

do you guys have anymore names I might like?

thanks so much guys!

Edit: @Greyblue suggested the name Romy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I actually really like it!! what do you guys think??
2nd edit: I’ve been liking Hallie, but not sure it will age well, wdyt?

1 Like

Holland- I have met only one [name_u]Holland[/name_u] and she was a girl. That’s the only experience I’ve had with the name. I like it!

Hollis-I think of it as a boy’s name, but I think a girl could pull it off. Maybe [name_u]Holly[/name_u] or [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]?

Rory- I’ve never met a [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but most people think of it as a boys name. I think it’s a cute name for a girl! I consider it more of a nickname though. You could use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] to get to [name_u]Rory[/name_u] or even spell it [name_f]Rorie[/name_f] (some reason that looks more feminine to me)

Dahlia- All girl to me! I think of the flower :smiley: I pronounce it as [name_m]Doll[/name_m]-e-uh.

How about…

Holland [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “[name_f]Rorie[/name_f]” [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] “[name_f]Rorie[/name_f]” [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

May I suggest [name_u]Greer[/name_u], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]?

1 Like

Holland - I like it! I think its cool

Rory - I adore [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! Especially on a girl, even though it’s a very popular boy’s name here but I really love it. I prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Honora[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

Dahlia - I like it! I say it like dah-lee-uh

1 Like

Thank you so very much!!

I’m now in love with the name [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]!!
[name_u]Holland[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are so adorable!
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Elenor[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Lorelei is on my top list. It’s familiar but rare to hear.

I’m glad I could help :grinning:

1 Like

thanks so much! :grin:

I’m naf of the name [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but [name_f]Honora[/name_f] is cute…
And i think we say [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] pretty much the same!

1 Like

Holland/ [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]- I think [name_u]Holland[/name_u] is a little too boyish for my tastes, but I love [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]! It would be so cute on a little girl.

Rory- I don’t think this name is too hard to say at all. I think it is super cute.

Dahlia- I also say it Dall-e-a. This name isn’t exactly my taste, but I can see how other people would like this name as it is super cute.

With [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u], I would give them a more feminine middle name to balance it out a little bit.
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (this is my favorite)
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Arianna[/name_f]

Rory [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

Dahlia [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Rene[/name_u]

Holland/Hollis- Both of these are very solidly unisex for me, but I have a male association with [name_u]Holland[/name_u] ([name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]) and a female association with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] ([name_u]Holly[/name_u] Flax) so I do have a preference because of that. I think they’d be adorable for either!

Rory- I like [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! I prefer it as a nickname in general, but I think it could be a cute stand alone for either! I don’t find it hard to say.

Dahlia- I say it DAHL-eyah (the ee-uh sound is so quick for me it comes out sounding like one syllable). I love it!

Holland/Hollis [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]/Hollis [name_f]Eudora[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]/Hollis [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]/Hollis [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]/Hollis [name_f]Melora[/name_f]

Rory [name_u]Thyme[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Perpetua[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

Dahlia [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Xaviera[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]

1 Like

Those are so cute!! thank you so much!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favs are;
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Clemetine & [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] magnolia!
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] & [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]!
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] & [name_u]Rene[/name_u]!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much!!! I think I just might put [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] back on my list because it looks like the majority of people pronounce it like that!
:grin::sparkles:
rory magnolia!! :star_struck:
dahlia brooklyn!!
hollis luella&isadora!!

2 Likes

Holland does feel like a boy name/ surname to me but it could work and I like the nn [name_u]Holly[/name_u]/ [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]- I do love this as a nn to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but I fell like it could be a nn for [name_f]Honora[/name_f] as well
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]- this is a beautiful name

Holland [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Leanora[/name_f]

Holland and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] feel very unisex to me

Rory is cute but as i said on your boys version, if you find it hard to say, I’d skip it. Maybe [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_u]Cory[/name_u] instead?

Dalhia is warm and sweet. I say it dar-lee-uh (dar rhyming with car)

You might like [name_u]Indie[/name_u], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] or [name_f]Cora[/name_f]

1 Like

Hollis [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] & [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] are :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

Thank you SO much!!!

1 Like

Cora & [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] are also on my list and i love them!
[name_u]Romy[/name_u] is cute. hmm…

1 Like

Holland/Hollis - Not really too boyish, it’s just fine I think. [name_u]Holland[/name_u] is a bit of an awkward place name for me, though. I really like [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]!

Rory - This one’s too masculine, I would not recommend it for a girl

Dahlia - So pretty!! I say it very similar to you. This name is my favorite of the bunch.

Romy - Really nice, it’s similar to [name_u]Rory[/name_u] but more usable on a girl.

Hallie - I think [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]’s fine. Nickname names are becoming more popular so I think people will get used to it.

1 Like

Holland/Hollis - To me [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] is more masculine. I see [name_u]Holland[/name_u] as a place name that only makes sense to name if you have a specific connection to the country… it’s not as much as an established place name.

Rory - I know of girls named [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. As a standalone, it think it sounds male. As a nickname for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] it sounds cute and spunky. I think it’s much more of a nickname-y sound than a full name.

Dahlia - LOVE this one. I know girls named [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], and it’s so beautiful. We pronounce it ‘DAHL-ya.’

Romy - Again, same as [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for me. Alone it’s masculine. As a nickname it could be cute and snappy. I’m not really a fan either way.

Hallie - To me it sounds like a very pretty nickname also. It’s too cutesy for my taste as a full name.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your opinions!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks so much!! I appriciate it! :blush:

Hollis and [name_u]Holland[/name_u] are both unisex, but I would assume [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] is a boy and [name_u]Holland[/name_u] is a girl at first glance.

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for a boy or a girl, but I do find it difficult to pronounce.

I pronounce [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] like you do.

1 Like

Hallie is my absolute favorite of these–it feels very warm and friendly. I can picture it on any age. [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is my second favorite! From the rest of your list, I like [name_u]Holland[/name_u]/Hollis and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] about equally. [name_u]Holland[/name_u] and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] are totally gender neutral to me and I like them. I say [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] like DALL-ee-yuh but with a very quick second syllable; I think it’s pretty! [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is very hard for me to say, although I agree with you that’s it’s adorable in theory.

1 Like