Nouméa

What do you think, could this be a girls’ name? I found it on the map today (it’s the capital of [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f]) and I think it looks and sounds wonderful. I’d love to hear your opinions!

When I first read it my thought was a resounding yes, Nouméa can be a girl’s name. But without the acute accent Noumea is a type of sea slug so that makes me less enthusiastic. However if that does not bother you.

Hmm yes that is a bit less appealing. Thanks. :wink:

I’ve been to Nouméa twice now, and though I quite like it and its got some great views, it was a little lacklustre when compared to some of the other neighbouring island towns. That said, I think one just needs to give it a chance…the first time I wasn’t at all impressed, but the second I dug a little deeper and quite enjoyed it.

As a name, I think Nouméa sounds really nice and looks nice enough too. It could definitely work if you wanted it to, though I’m far from sold on it myself.

It could definitely work as a girls name! I’m sure lots of people aren’t even aware of the city and it would make a very intriguing, playful first name!