November Baby Girl needs a name!

We have been so indecisive about a name for our first baby, a girl. We have 3 names that we have seriously considered, but for some reason we just can not commit to any of them! I would love to have a name picked out and ready to go for our little one before she arrives, I fear that she will leave the hospital as [name]Baby[/name] Girl :frowning:

Here are the three first and middle names that we are considering:

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Adele[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name] … What do you think about an alternate spelling for [name]Isla[/name]…is there an alternate spelling?

[name]Adele[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name]

[name]Adele[/name] and [name]Esperanza[/name] are family names- [name]Esperanza[/name] will only be used as a middle name.
[name]Adele[/name]- I was in love with until recently the name just kind of fell ‘flat’ to and am not sure I would be truly happy with it in the long run.
[name]Lucy[/name] is just amazing- however I am not sure that it will not transition well to adulthood…
[name]Isla[/name]- I really have no issues with- only that family seems more connected to and love the names [name]Adele[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name]…

Other names that we have liked, but will most likely not use:
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Zofia[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] nn [name]Liv[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name]

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions most definitely welcome…

Thank you!!!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think you’ve got great names picked out. However, though I like the sound of [name]Isla[/name], I do see it becoming more popular. It looks a lot like [name]Isabella[/name], and it has the same soft, sweet sound as [name]Emma[/name]. [name]Lucy[/name] is a timeless classic, though it can feel young to me, too, as you mentioned. You could always use [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luciana[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], or even [name]Lucienne[/name] with [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Luci[/name], or [name]Lucie[/name] as nicknames. Then there’s [name]Adele[/name], the most unique name on your list. You say it’s fallen a bit flat for you, so perhaps dressing it up as [name]Adela[/name], [name]Adelia[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adelina[/name], or [name]Adelaide[/name] would help. I think [name]Adela[/name] or [name]Adelina[/name] would be my picks for you! In fact, something like [name]Adelina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] would be really very pretty, and it would give your daughter plenty of great nicknames to choose from, including [name]Ada[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adela[/name], Dela, and [name]Lina[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] there,

Can I just say I love [name]Adele[/name]! It doesn’t fall flat for me but I can totally see where you’re coming from with it. I was going to suggest what [name]Lemon[/name] said, maybe a jazzier version would work better like [name]Adella[/name], [name]Adelia[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Della[/name] etc?

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Adele[/name] - I like this combo but it doesn’t wow me, that’s probably because I don’t love [name]Lucy[/name] though, I find it a little plain but it’s a perfectly pretty name though!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name] - it’s not an alternative spelling but a different name that sounds similar, how about [name]Ailsa[/name]? I actually much prefer [name]Ailsa[/name] and it’s not gaining popularity like [name]Isla[/name] is! Or there’s [name]Ayla[/name] which is Hebrew and means halo or moonlight, how lovely is that!? It’s only 50 places behind [name]Isla[/name] on the opoularity charts though as opposed to [name]Ailsa[/name] which doesn’t even rank. Other names are [name]Ailis[/name] or [name]Elsa[/name]?

[name]Adele[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name] - this is a nice combo, it flows well and both names have personal meaning to you. I also love the meaning of [name]Esperanza[/name]!

[name]Paloma[/name] - I love this :slight_smile: Beautiful name, beautiful meaning!
[name]Zofia[/name] - erm, it’s not for me but then I do love [name]Zadie[/name] as an alternative to [name]Sadie[/name] so it could grow on me!
[name]Livia[/name] nn [name]Liv[/name] - this is a lovely choice too, I also like the frillier Liviana, just to take it away from [name]Olivia[/name] a little more
[name]Sofia[/name] - gorgeous name but very popular, would make a nice middle name.

I’d go with (in no order):

[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
Liviana [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
Aisla [name]Esperanza[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Adele[/name]

Best of luck!

We have somewhat similar taste in names.

I used to like Ad3l3 when I was growing up, but when it came to name our first child we chose Ad3laid3. Of all the versions of this name, my favourite are [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Adele[/name], and [name]Adeline[/name].

We considered using 1sla for our second daughter; while we liked the soft sound of this name, we weren’t keen on the spelling or the meaning. A nameberrite suggested Ai1a instead, which is the Finnish version of [name]Aileen[/name] (meaning: light bearer). We liked the spelling and meaning much better and, since my husband’s grandparents emigrated from Finland, this name worked for us on all levels. Well almost all. We didn’t intend to start an “A” theme.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

A few more questions…
[name]How[/name] is [name]Ayla[/name] pronounced?

I really like [name]Isla[/name], but feel that it throws people off- especially my boyfriends family as they are Spanish speaking and will most likely call her Ees-lah- which sounds pretty but means Island. Anyway, my boyfriend and I very much on with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Esperanza[/name]. I have noticed that we like short, feminine names.

However,
I find myself daydreaming of a little [name]Paloma[/name] and at times a little [name]Adele[/name]…Is it common to be sooo indecisive? I do like the suggestion of jazzying up [name]Adele[/name] to possibly [name]Adella[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name].

I really love [name]Paloma[/name] with the nn [name]Lola[/name]. However, I worry that it is too “out there” for the states and I am not brave enough to use it. [name]Do[/name] you see this ? Or am I just putting too much on this?

Thank you so much name berries :slight_smile: