November?

What does everyone think of the name [name]November[/name] for a girl? My husband has a co-worker with this name - other than that I have never heard it used for a name! I think it’s different and pretty but is it to out there?

I don’t have particular feelings one way or the other. Month names are becoming more and more popular right now… My cousin is married to a [name]January[/name]. We call her [name]Jan[/name]. The only thing I’m wondering is… Would she go by a nn? If so, what would it be? Looking at it as a name, I don’t see an immediate nn jump out at me. It’s just seems long to say, for some reason, even though it is only 3 syllables. I don’t think it is too out there, but it is definitely going to rub some people the wrong way.

[name]EDIT[/name]: I saw the nn [name]Ember[/name], if you’re interested in that. I know an [name]Ember[/name]. I think it’s an awesome name and nn from [name]November[/name]! WDYT?

My [name]SIL[/name]'s step-daughter is named [name]October[/name] and a woman in my psych class is named [name]January[/name]. I had a sort of name crush on [name]September[/name] for a bit. I always thought of all the months, though, [name]November[/name] would be the one most suited for a boy (besides the obvious [name]August[/name]).

I like it!

It’s out there, but I don’t think it’s TOO out there. It could work. And besides the already mentioned [name]Ember[/name], I also think [name]Nova[/name] would be a cute nn.

Name months other than [name]April[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] have been growing on my lately too. I suddenly out of nowhere started to crush on [name]December[/name]. I think [name]November[/name] would be okay as a name. It may generally be thought of as “not too out there” here on NB so maybe if you are genuinely considering it try it out on a few acquaintances, friends, and family just to be sure.

I have name crushes on [name]September[/name], [name]December[/name], and [name]November[/name] too. If the baby is born in [name]November[/name], it will calm down the people who turn their heads at the name (if there are any) and they’ll think, oh, there’s a sentimental connection, or something. I have no clue how socially acceptable it would be but I agree with the suggestion to try it out on people to be sure. I personally think it’s beautiful!! But I don’t like the nicknames [name]Nova[/name] or [name]Ember[/name]. Nemby sounds cute to me although I just totally made it up. But I think an original name like [name]November[/name] deserves an equally original nickname. I look forward to seeing what you decide!

I think [name]November[/name] would work fine as a name. Personally I would balance it with a short, classic middle name - for example, [name]November[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]November[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

Thanks for the replies berries :slight_smile: I do still like [name]November[/name] and the nn [name]Ember[/name] but I don’t think my husband will be on board lol :slight_smile: I think its a great name but maybe too different with the name of my other kiddos- I have an [name]Adia[/name] [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Pierre[/name] [name]Luca[/name] -who goes by [name]Luca[/name] and an [name]Emma[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]- what do you think? Too different to go with all my other kids?

You posted another forum I commented on! :slight_smile: I remember the sibset. There were a lot of great options there too. I don’t know if [name]November[/name] works with those. I like [name]November[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Claire[/name] is a french name, and goes with the French names in your sibset, but I personally dont like it as a first name. However, as a middle name to give the extra feminine touch to [name]November[/name], it sounds lovely!! I would love to hear what you decide!