Now we have a long list! Help!

A couple of day before, i posted here to ask about [name]Violet[/name] [name]Adele[/name], which is the first combine we made of girl names. Now, we’ve checked this site for a while and find some other names we like! I will list them by categories:

The -[name]BEL[/name] names: although being extremely hot these days, i still love it, especially simple [name]Belle[/name], its short, sweet and meaningful.
[name]Belle[/name]: Not sure if it can stand alone.
[name]Isabel[/name]: i like it better than [name]Isabella[/name], but still afraid of its popularity.
[name]Annabel[/name]: [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] are two of my favorites, so i surely like this one, but not as much as the seperated ones.
[name]Arabella[/name]: It grows on me, its beautuful!

The -LET names: As i love [name]Violet[/name], i found that i like almost all the names end in -let too!
[name]Charlotte[/name]: It’s my middle name. I’ve heard lots of compliments on this name. Yes, it’s classic, royal, elegant and timeless. Although i like it, it sometimes reminds me of farms… don’t know why…
[name]Juliet[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] this one! So regretful that i just can’t use it on my girl at this moment for the literature association.
[name]Scarlett[/name]: It’s my guilty pleasure. I like how bold and intense it sounds to me. Actually i’d like to have it myself, but not sure if it will suit our daughter for the distinct characteristic it holds.
[name]Violet[/name]: I have to say, although it is now our top 1, i still don’t really like the nickname [name]Vi[/name].

[name]Long[/name] Traditional names: they are beautiful, however, when shortened, they lose their appeal.
[name]Genevieve[/name]: [name]Genevieve[/name] is good, but [name]Gen[/name] is boring
[name]Anastasia[/name]: It sounds a little foreign to me, very girly and princess feel. [name]Don[/name]'t like stacy or [name]Ana[/name] though.
[name]Cordelia[/name]: This one maybe the best one in this category for me, i like [name]Cora[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name]: This one is different. It’s pretty and romantic, and I like [name]Sera[/name] or Phina. But [name]Seraphina[/name] is a little frilly.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]: Close to [name]Cordelia[/name]. I like [name]Gwen[/name].
[name]Ophelia[/name]: Maybe its not that long… anyway i really like it, but it seems other people may consider it weired and sad. It will definitely be teased in school.

Others:
[name]Lydia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it, but not [name]Lydie[/name].
[name]Matilda[/name]: It sounds cute to me sometimes, old to me some other times…himm…
[name]Serena[/name]: LIKE it. It seems that it has all the qualities a good name should hold, but i just can’t [name]LOVE[/name] it.
[name]Vivienne[/name]: i much prefer this spelling, and the popularity of [name]Vivian[/name] really annoys me.

ok, what do you think of each of the names in my list?
Which one do you like the most and the least?
Are there any other names in the same categories that you like?

Thanks
[name]Char[/name]

[name]Belle[/name]: I guess it can stand alone, but I would only use it as a nickname
[name]Isabel[/name]: I like it better than [name]Isabella[/name] too. This is one of the few names I would use even though its popularity
[name]Annabel[/name]: Very girly, sounds like a princess. But not really my style. I don’t like the [name]Anna[/name] part.
[name]Arabella[/name]: Its adorable. You can use [name]Ara[/name], [name]Bella[/name] or [name]Belle[/name] as nicknames and it is more unusual than [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name]: I love it in English. Very classic and it has a nice feel too it. Personally I wouldn’t use it, but that is because I don’t like how it sounds in my native language
[name]Juliet[/name]: Also very girly and princessy, but I think its gaining popularity?
[name]Scarlett[/name]: Same as [name]Juliet[/name], but I like this one slightly more
[name]Violet[/name]: I don’t like the Vio part, so its a no from me.

[name]Genevieve[/name]: Not my style, but you could always use [name]Eve[/name] as a nn
[name]Anastasia[/name]: Not my cup of tea, but I like the nn [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]: Makes me think of corn. Nah.
[name]Seraphina[/name]: Its not something I would name my daughter, but its growing on my. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Sera[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]: Uh. Not my style at all
[name]Ophelia[/name]: I find it romantic! Its a name I would totally use

[name]Lydia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it, and I wouldn’t use a nn
[name]Matilda[/name]: I like it but since its so popular in [name]Sweden[/name] where I come from I wouldn’t use it. I don’t live in [name]Sweden[/name] now, but [name]Matilda[/name] still seems rather random to me
[name]Serena[/name]: I don’t like it at all. Dunno why
[name]Vivienne[/name]: Sounds dated to me and I don’t get the [name]Vivienne[/name] / [name]Vivian[/name] trend at all. Plus, its [name]Jolie[/name]'s daughter right?

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Belle[/name] - It’s short, sweet, and elegant, but I worry it feels too pet-namey or nick-namey on its own…
[name]Isabel[/name] - My favorite spelling, but I don’t think it stands apart from the popular [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name] crowd…
[name]Annabel[/name] - Classic, sweet, and feminine, but it sometimes feels a bit young to me, honestly…
[name]Arabella[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], sophisticated, elegant, unique, and romantic! [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] are both great nicknames…

Yes, [name]Belle[/name] names are hot right now, so I think if you’re going to use one, unless you absolutely love [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name], you should go bold. I love [name]Arabella[/name], and she definitely stands out in a crowd. She’s romantic and feminine without being over the top, in my opinion, and a tomboy [name]Arabella[/name] can always go by the spunky [name]Ari[/name] instead of the sweet [name]Belle[/name]. So, she’s my favorite off your list. I’d also recommend [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Christabel[/name], and [name]Estella[/name] - even though that isn’t quite a [name]Belle[/name] name…

[name]Charlotte[/name] - It’s simple and classic, yet it packs a punch. Climbing the charts, but its just so perfect!
[name]Juliet[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], elegant, name with so much history and a literary connection. Plus, [name]Jules[/name] is such a great nickname!
[name]Scarlett[/name] - Bold, romantic, elegant, and energetic, this name stands out without being unfamiliar…
[name]Violet[/name] - A vintage classic climbing the charts, [name]Violet[/name] is timeless and elegant. But, it does have a harsh sound…

To a much lesser degree, -let names are also climbing the charts. It’s because many of them are vintage classics, and those are on trend right now (not trendy, okay?). Off your list, [name]Charlotte[/name] is my favorite - she’s on my personal list, so how couldn’t I pick her? [name]Charlotte[/name] is graceful and elegant, yet still spunky and sweet enough to not seem out of place in day to day life. I don’t dislike a single one on this list, though - they’re all beautiful!

[name]Genevieve[/name] - Romantic, feminine, sweet, and sophisticated, this has it all! [name]Gen[/name] might be boring, so try [name]Evie[/name]!
[name]Anastasia[/name] - Elegant, powerful, energetic, and feminine! [name]Stacy[/name] sounds dated, [name]Ana[/name]'s a little plain, so try [name]Nastia[/name]!
[name]Cordelia[/name] - Vintage sweetness meets an almost Victorian elegance. [name]Cora[/name], [name]Delia[/name], and [name]Lia[/name] are all great nicknames!
[name]Seraphina[/name] - A “celebaby” name that isn’t used much could be trouble, and it is so frilly. [name]Sera[/name]'s cute, though…
[name]Gwendolen[/name] - Timeless, elegant, spunky, and cheerful, [name]Gwendolen[/name] is a perfect name! [name]Gwen[/name]'s great, too!
[name]Ophelia[/name] - Romantic, frilly, soft, and feminine, [name]Ophelia[/name]'s a lot of name. Great alternative to [name]Olivia[/name], and [name]Lia[/name]'s cute!

My favorites are [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]. These types of names are notice-worthy because they are so long, elegant, and feminine. Their nicknames are lovely, but I think it would be a shame to never use the full name, right? [name]Seraphina[/name] is much too frilly for my taste, and it might be the only one off the list I don’t care for, and while [name]Ophelia[/name]'s character wasn’t the best, I don’t see that name leading to teasing off the bat. You might also like [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], or [name]Fiona[/name]…

[name]Lydia[/name] - Vintage classic with a comfortable, yet elegant, sound. [name]Don[/name]'t use a nickname if [name]Lydie[/name] bothers you…
[name]Matilda[/name] - A “celebaby” name getting a huge boost in popularity, [name]Matilda[/name] feels a bit young to me. Great nicknames!
[name]Serena[/name] - Feminine, romantic, elegant, and energetic, but not near as classic as your other choices…
[name]Vivienne[/name] - Elegant, sophisticated, strong, and classic, I think [name]Vivienne[/name] is popular on NB. My favorite spelling is [name]Vivien[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name]'s my clear winner off this list, simply because it is my absolute favorite name! I think she’s perfect - whimsical yet elegant, melodic yet strong, feminine yet energetic. Ideal. I think all of the other names are nice, but [name]Serena[/name] feels a little out of place and would likely remind people of either [name]Serena[/name] [name]Williams[/name], tennis player, or the character [name]Serena[/name] on Gossip Girl - it doesn’t feels quite as classic to me! [name]Matilda[/name], like [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], are getting boosts in popularity because celebrity parents are choosing vintage classics, and I think it is a sweet name, but a bit youthful, like [name]Annabel[/name]. Those are cute siblings! And [name]Vivienne[/name] - well, [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] and [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name] have a [name]Vivienne[/name], so it naturally climbing the charts, but it isn’t as popular as you think it is. I prefer to simplify the name to [name]Vivien[/name], but it still packs a powerful punch. You might also like [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Maria[/name], or [name]Josephine[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[quote=“char”]
The -[name]BEL[/name] names: although being extremely hot these days, i still love it, especially simple [name]Belle[/name], its short, sweet and meaningful.
[name]Belle[/name]: Not sure if it can stand alone. i love [name]Belle[/name], in fact we’re using it as a mn. I think she can stand alone.
[name]Isabel[/name]: i like it better than [name]Isabella[/name], but still afraid of its popularity. Although it’s a pretty name, it’s just way too popular.
[name]Annabel[/name]: [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] are two of my favorites, so i surely like this one, but not as much as the seperated ones. Something about this name makes it so much more appealing than [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Arabella[/name]: It grows on me, its beautuful! not a fan.

The -LET names: As i love [name]Violet[/name], i found that i like almost all the names end in -let too!
[name]Charlotte[/name]: It’s my middle name. I’ve heard lots of compliments on this name. Yes, it’s classic, royal, elegant and timeless. Although i like it, it sometimes reminds me of farms… don’t know why… I love [name]Charlotte[/name], I think it’s classic but has the possibility of the super adorable [name]Charlie[/name] nn
[name]Juliet[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] this one! So regretful that i just can’t use it on my girl at this moment for the literature association. I think it’s a beautiful name, but not my style.
[name]Scarlett[/name]: It’s my guilty pleasure. I like how bold and intense it sounds to me. Actually i’d like to have it myself, but not sure if it will suit our daughter for the distinct characteristic it holds. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] nn [name]Carly[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Violet[/name]: I have to say, although it is now our top 1, i still don’t really like the nickname [name]Vi[/name]. You can use the nn [name]Lettie[/name] instead of [name]Vi[/name]?

[name]Long[/name] Traditional names: they are beautiful, however, when shortened, they lose their appeal.
[name]Genevieve[/name]: [name]Genevieve[/name] is good, but [name]Gen[/name] is boring. [name]Gen[/name] IS boring, but [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eve[/name] is adorable and spunky!
[name]Anastasia[/name]: It sounds a little foreign to me, very girly and princess feel. [name]Don[/name]'t like stacy or [name]Ana[/name] though. Not a huge fan of the nns
[name]Cordelia[/name]: This one maybe the best one in this category for me, i like [name]Cora[/name]. I’ve never been a [name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cornelia[/name] fan, but I love [name]Coraline[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]: This one is different. It’s pretty and romantic, and I like [name]Sera[/name] or Phina. But [name]Seraphina[/name] is a little frilly. [name]Seraphina[/name] is a gem, it’s one of my favorite names nn Phin ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Gwendolen[/name]: Close to [name]Cordelia[/name]. I like [name]Gwen[/name]. Again one of my favorites, and [name]Gwen[/name]/[name]Gwennie[/name] is adorable on a little girl
[name]Ophelia[/name]: Maybe its not that long… anyway i really like it, but it seems other people may consider it weired and sad. It will definitely be teased in school. While it’s a beautiful name, and I love the nn [name]Lia[/name]… the words with -ophilia in them are not a great thing to be teased for.

Others:
[name]Lydia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it, but not [name]Lydie[/name]. I guess I’m one of few that just doesn’t understand the love for this name. It’s so late 80’s to me.
[name]Matilda[/name]: It sounds cute to me sometimes, old to me some other times…himm… I love [name]Matilda[/name] with the nn [name]Tilly[/name] not [name]Mattie[/name]. There are too many [name]Maddie[/name]'s around!
[name]Serena[/name]: LIKE it. It seems that it has all the qualities a good name should hold, but i just can’t [name]LOVE[/name] it. Never been a huge fan.
[name]Vivienne[/name]: i much prefer this spelling, and the popularity of [name]Vivian[/name] really annoys me. THIS is my favorite spelling of this name, and is on our short list for girls! What would you use as a nn since you don’t like [name]Vi[/name]? [name]Vinnie[/name]? [name]Vivi[/name]? Vie (Vee)

[name]How[/name] do you feel about:
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]

Well, i appreciate all the responses here.
After reading your opinions, I re-considered the names and like to drop some names and add some new.

First, i’d like to pick out some names that i love but will never use any of them as first name, maybe they can be middles:
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
(actually I prefer all the [name]LONG[/name] names to be middles, and use some relatively short first names, since our last name only have one syllable)

then, drop [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Serena[/name], and there remains:

[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]

[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]

And to accept ideas from my friends and you, I’d like to add:

[name]Cora[/name](yes, stand by its own)
[name]Hazel[/name] (Too childish?)
[name]Aurora[/name](tone twister?)
[name]Lillian[/name](nickname will be [name]Lily[/name], my favorite flower name! Too popular though)
[name]Alice[/name](Classic, but personally i think its sporty, which i don’t like)
[name]Clara[/name](One of my friends suggested it, and i like it)
[name]Willa[/name](Not as classis as the others, but sweet and soft)

So then, can you help to pick out the best first names and the best middle names, then the best combine?

Thanks
[name]Char[/name]

My favorites on your list are [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I think a longer first name would go better with a one-syllable last name…

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]

[name]Char[/name],

I’d name her [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]. That’s beautiful! Or, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. Nice syllabic flow with a one-syllable last name. I also like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: