Nowhere near deciding..

Our third child, a boy, is due in about 2 months but we are nowhere near deciding that to name him.
Our other two children are [name]Declan[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].
Could you please leave some comments, opinions etc on the following names? Are any of them horrible? Surname is [name]Blakesley[/name].

[name]Evander[/name] (this has been one of my favs for a while)
[name]Calen[/name] / [name]Kalen[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Kasen[/name] / [name]Kayson[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] (husband is worried it sounds a bit ‘trying to hard’ whatever he means with that)
[name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Jeton[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]

I’ll divide them into my loves, likes and dislikes (You seem to like either fun-loving or very serious names. Interesting!)

[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Jasper[/name] - I love this name, I think it’s spunky and very cool.
[name]Theodore[/name] - Very handsome and romantic.
[name]Felix[/name] - [name]Happy[/name] and sweet.
[name]Solomon[/name] - [name]Calm[/name], serious and beautiful.
[name]Kieran[/name] - Fiery and serious.
[name]Asher[/name] - same as [name]Solomon[/name].

Like:
[name]Evander[/name] - This one was almost on my love list, it’s very pretty.
[name]Phoenix[/name] - The mythological bird… or [name]River[/name] & [name]Joaquin[/name].
[name]Crosby[/name] - I like this more than I thought I would.
[name]Archer[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Archer[/name], but better in the middle I think.
[name]Maximus[/name] - I think of [name]Russell[/name] Crowe in the Gladiator.
[name]Simon[/name] - Classic and strong.
[name]Griffin[/name] - Fun and spunky.
[name]Maximilian[/name] - Serious and beautiful.
[name]Augustus[/name] - Very serious and calm name.
[name]Maddox[/name] - Too tied to [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] for my taste, but it’s a nice enough name.

Dislike:
[name]Calen[/name] / [name]Kalen[/name] - Doesn’t sound like a name, it sounds stupid.
[name]Kasen[/name] / [name]Kayson[/name] - same as [name]Calen[/name].
[name]Maxwell[/name] - My least favourite version of [name]Max[/name].
[name]Jeton[/name] - same as [name]Calen[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] - I don’t know why I don’t like this one, it just feels wrong.

I think these names would work well with [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] as older siblings. I would avoid anything overly [name]Roman[/name] and macho([name]Maximus[/name], [name]Augustus[/name]), mythological ([name]Evander[/name], [name]Phoenix[/name]) or names that sounds too similar or look made up ([name]Jeton[/name]/[name]Frederick[/name] & [name]Emmett[/name] as well as [name]Calen[/name]/[name]Kalen[/name]/[name]Kasen[/name]/[name]Kayson[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]).

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] - if you don’t mind the similar ending with [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name] - See [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name] - if you don’t mind the Brangelina connection

I really like [name]Kieran[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], and [name]Calen[/name]. I don’t think ANY of them are terrible :slight_smile:
[name]Evander[/name], while very unique, I find to be connected to Hollifield in my mind.
Your sebset will be amazing regardless of whichever one you choose. I really like your list.

Good luck!

[name]Crosby[/name] gets my vote! I stumbled upon the name several weeks ago and it immediately became my second-favorite boy’s name! BUT my husband doesn’t like it, AND…I have a dog named [name]Bing[/name] (not after [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], but still…). :wink: However, I think SOMEBODY should use this awesome name, and it fits in well with your family.

In order from favorite to not-so-favorite:
[name]Kieran[/name] (I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Kieran[/name], and I think it sounds great with your kiddos names!)
[name]Evander[/name] ([name]Love[/name], especially with the nn [name]Evan[/name])
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]/[name]Solomon[/name] (Such classic names, but are very underused)
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]/[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Maximus[/name]/[name]Maximillian[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Jeton[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Kaysen[/name]/[name]Kayson[/name]/[name]Calen[/name]/[name]Kalen[/name]

You have great names picked out, and I honestly don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. Good luck!

[name]Evander[/name] I don’t mind [name]Evan[/name] but [name]Evander[/name] is too [name]OTT[/name] for me
[name]Calen[/name] / [name]Kalen[/name] As [name]Kalen[/name] it has a certain sense of today and it makes a good match with [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]I wouldn’t use but it’s okay
[name]Kasen[/name] / [name]Kayson[/name]A definite No on this one as it is just too tryndy
[name]Phoenix[/name]I think [name]Felix[/name] would make a far better choice and they sound very, very similar.
[name]Jasper[/name] I love this name
[name]Theodore[/name] I think [name]Theo[/name] is handsome and very smart but [name]Theodore[/name] is fusty old man to me
[name]Felix[/name]See [name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]A middle name only choice and I think it is slightly pretentious
[name]Maxwell[/name] (husband is worried it sounds a bit ‘trying to hard’ whatever he means with that) I can’t believe that you husband thinks that goodness me I think that [name]Evander[/name] falls into that category and [name]Maxwell[/name] is a tried and true classic that has been hugely popular over the last few years in particular.
[name]Maximus[/name] I like it in theory but in practice I would not use it
[name]Jeton[/name]No and No
[name]Simon[/name][name]Love[/name] this to bits and it makes the absolutely best match with siblings [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]. [name]Simon[/name] is one of those names that has a special sense of style that is timeless and it is so handsome this one would be the winner easily for me!
[name]Griffin[/name]Not bad
[name]Solomon[/name]I wouldn’t use it but it may make a solid middle name
[name]Maximilian[/name]A grandiose name and in the right family it may be okay but not with siblings [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]Very [name]OTT[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]As a middle
[name]Kieran[/name]Like and it fits very well
[name]Asher[/name]I love this one
[name]Maddox[/name I prefer this style of name in the middle spot and for a son I would choose [name]MacKenzie[/name] combo of [name]Simon[/name] [name]MacKenzie[/name].

In a nutshell I like [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Asher[/name].

rollo

I really like [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Jeton[/name]! Very updated and any little boy would be cool with these names!

[name]Love[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]-but not with the nn [name]Ted[/name] b/c [name]Ted[/name] would sound a little boring next to [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]

[name]Phoenix[/name]-like it but for a mn
[name]Jasper[/name]-Like but it makes me think of Twilight of which I am not a fan
[name]Maximus[/name]-Like it but not a fan of nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]-Like it but too tied with [name]Jolie[/name]/[name]Pitt[/name] fan
[name]Maxwell[/name]-see [name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]-see [name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]-like it but unsure, makes me think of [name]Crosby[/name] Stills and [name]Nash[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]-like but don’t love
[name]Solomon[/name]-like but don’t love
[name]Augustus[/name]-like the nickname [name]Gus[/name]

[name]Don[/name]'t Like at all
[name]Calen[/name] / [name]Kalen[/name]
[name]Kasen[/name] / [name]Kayson[/name]
[name]Jeton[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]

Thanks for the comments and opinions so far. We have been able to remove a couple of the names from the list thanks to you guys.
But what do you think of the combos [name]Kieran[/name] [name]David[/name] and [name]Evander[/name] [name]David[/name]? We’re not sure about using [name]David[/name] as the middle name, but I like that it would honor my father ([name]John[/name] [name]David[/name]) as well as my husband ([name]Christopher[/name] [name]David[/name]).

My favorite is [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Blakesley[/name]. I also like [name]Evander[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Blakesley[/name]. Sounds sophisticated

[name]Love[/name] [name]David[/name]!

I think [name]Jasper[/name]/[name]Asher[/name]/[name]Archer[/name] would work best for you because of the different beginning & ending

If you’re really set on [name]Evander[/name]. I think it should be [name]Evander[/name] [name]Davis[/name] - still a form to honor but flows a lot better.

The Nos:
[name]Calen[/name] / [name]Kalen[/name] - I prefer the original Scottish name of [name]Caelan[/name], as it is a form of [name]Nicholas[/name], has a rich history, and pairs so well with brother [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Kasen[/name] / [name]Kayson[/name] - Modern, trendy names such as these seem to clash with your classical, upscale, albiet quirky sibset. Vastly prefer your [name]Kieran[/name] option. Perhaps [name]Jason[/name], [name]Mason[/name], [name]Kiernan[/name], or [name]Cassian[/name]?
[name]Jeton[/name] - This is another word for a coin or an arcade token. Perhaps [name]Jetson[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Weston[/name], [name]Brighton[/name], or [name]Sutton[/name]?
[name]Phoenix[/name] - I love this name, but it if you are concerned about continuity, it really doesn’t fit in the sibset.
[name]Maximus[/name] - This is a car, and has other unfortunate associations. Frequently used to tease someone of large build.

The Yeses:
[name]Jasper[/name] - I think this has the same upscale charm with a bit of a twist as your other children. My only concern is that [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are both characters in the Twilight saga (both male)
[name]Theodore[/name] - Warm vintage charm, and the adorable nickname [name]Theo[/name]!
[name]Felix[/name] - Goes perfectly with [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]! Has the X sound that you seem to be favoring this time around, without feeling trendy or made-up
[name]Griffin[/name] - a stunning name with a strong meaning and a lovely sound. Blends right into the vibe of your brood!
[name]Frederick[/name] - I like that this blends so well with the E, D, and K sounds of brother [name]Declan[/name], setting [name]Emmett[/name] apart as the sister

I absolutely love the name [name]Solomon[/name]! I am just not sure it works with your other children’s names. Overall, I think my favorite for you is [name]Declan[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], and [name]Frederick[/name]

I love most of your names. [name]Felix[/name] is my favourite, but I also really love [name]Evander[/name]. The only ones I don’t like are [name]Kayson[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name]. They just seem a little trendy to me.