Number 10 is here

Hey Berries - below is our birth announcement. Thanks for making it possible by your suggestions earlier this year.

We’re so grateful to [name_m]God[/name_m] to announce the birth of our tenth child and second son!

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [Surname]
or
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] [Surname] (we’re still deciding on the order)

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] was born on [name_u]December[/name_u] 5th at 1:56 AM after about 24 hours of labour. Yep. He came in at a very healthy 3.810 kg (8lbs 6oz) — our third biggest — and it looks like he’s a brown-haired boy, like his dad.

[name_f]Mama[/name_f] did AMAZINGLY. Most of the labour was quite calm, as we took our time before going to hospital, and the hospital mostly left us alone to labour in peace.

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is named after a number of men we admire greatly. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] are names that belong to his two grandmothers’ beloved fathers — [name_m]Rodolfo[/name_m] [name_m]Edmundo[/name_m] [Surname] and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] Boush [Surname]. Both men were medical doctors of great integrity and principle, who walked the road less travelled for what they believed in and loved their families very much.

The name [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is a homage to both a hero and to family. As with his brother [name_m]Wycliffe[/name_m], we wanted to give [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] the name of a hero we admire — in this case, the 17th century scientist and theologian [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_u]Pascal[/name_u]. While we do not agree with everything [name_u]Pascal[/name_u] wrote, we have tremendous respect for him, what he stood for, and what he accomplished in his short life. But [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is also the [name_u]French[/name_u] version of a [name_m]German[/name_m] name that has been in the [Surname] family for generations — [name_m]Blasius[/name_m] — a name shared by Papa’s great, great-great, and great-great-great grandfathers. We love the fact that this legacy gets to be part of Blaise’s name.

Our prayer for this little one is that he will walk humbly in this broken world using whatever gifts he’s been given to bring God’s healing to the brokenness. For we serve a [name_m]God[/name_m] who "heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” — Ps 147:3.

So much love,

[name_f]Papa[/name_f], [name_f]Mama[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Dot[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], Wyc, [name_u]Jo[/name_u], and [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]

55 Likes

Congratulations! His name sounds so sweet and meaningful for your family. :blush:

1 Like

congratulations on your tenth!!! he has such a lovely name, what great meaning behind it as well :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! His name is so wonderful! Best wishes to you and your family as you settle in with your new little boy!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations to your family, what a great name!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the names!

1 Like

Congratulations on yet another blessing! I always love hearing the stories behind your kiddos’ names!

1 Like

congratulations on your 10th!! what a beautiful family with such beautiful names :white_heart:

1 Like

So many congratulations!! I’m glad the birth went well (if long :grimacing:) and you went with [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]. I was thinking of your family the other day.

I like all three names, too–Edmund and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] are so distinguished. Maybe you could update later to let us nerds know the order you choose?
Best wishes!

1 Like

Huge congratulations on baby 10 :tada:

Such a lovely name! Either Edmund or Blaise up front will be gorgeous :teddy_bear:

1 Like

Congratulations on another little one!! Wishing you and your whole lovely family so much health and happiness :green_heart:

2 Likes

huge congratulations!! what a stunning, meaningful name :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

How lovely! Congratulations to you and welcome, [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]!

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind congratulations!

3 Likes

Yay! I love Blaise’s name! I know you listed your other kids, but what are their first and middles? If you don’t mind sharing!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for asking! You can find most of their names at the Wyc announcement in my contact card. And then the Josephine announcement has her name.

Here is the Wyc announce to start you out:

1 Like

Congratulations! A tenth wonderfully named addition to the family, how wonderful. Wishing you all well.

1 Like

Congratulations! I always love the meaning behind the names you choose

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats! I love the story behind his name! :smiling_face:

1 Like