Number names anyone?

Ok I work at a pharmacy, saw a kids name was [name]Seven[/name]

Question for everyone do you think number names are acceptable?

If you do, what catchy ones are name material?

[name]Just[/name] thought I’d ask.

[name]Seven[/name] will forever make me think of ‘Married with Children’. Its an interesting name, but I’m not sure I’d use it. Also, number names make me think of a [name]Discovery[/name] Health special that was on this week. The girl they were following was one of the youngest children to be diagnosed with schizophrenia. Many of her imaginary friends were numbers.

Personally, I think it makes the child sound like a science experiment. Sort of like how scientists have Subject A, B, C, etc.

It’s hard to say, personally number names wouldn’t suit my naming style, but it would definitely suit my little sister [name]Hailey[/name] if she ever had children. She is an artistic type so I could see her using [name]Seven[/name], Five or Nine. Any other number would seem strange.

Husband’s cousin has a girl called [name]Seven[/name] as well (or maybe spelled differently)? She’s about 10 maybe? I like the sound of it but I don’t think I’d use numbers as names, even though I typically prefer non-traditional, non-classic names.

My daughter also has a boy named “[name]Seven[/name]” in her first grade class.

I’m not sure I’d use them but I do think [name]Eleven[/name] could also work as a name too…

[name]Dahlia[/name]

Its not really my style but I do like the sound of [name]Seven[/name]. Id never use it though.

PS [name]Ellie[/name] could make a nice nn for [name]Eleven[/name]! or [name]Eve[/name].

On [name]Blossom[/name], her friend’s name was Six – or was that a nickname for something?

No something I would do but can see [name]Seven[/name] and [name]Eleven[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name]) working… I know someone named Six too… I suppose names which mean the numbers would be ok:
Kumi - swahili meaning ten
Ashura - arabic meaning tenth
[name]Nona[/name] - latin meaning ninth
[name]Septimus[/name] - latin meaning seventh
Sixte(boy)/Sixtine(girl) - latin meaning sixth
[name]Cecil[/name]/Cecille - welsh meaning sixth
Raviya - hebrew meaning four/fourth
[name]Una[/name] - latin meaning one

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode, where there was an expecting couple that stole [name]George[/name]'s idea of the name [name]Seven[/name]. It was pretty funny! No, I would not use a number as a name. Too confusing!

I actually have loved the name [name]Seven[/name] because of faith-based reasons. It is deeply meaningful in almost every major religion.

~According to Hinduism, there are seven worlds in the universe, seven seas in the world and seven Rishies (seven gurus).
~The number of heavens in Islamic religion is [name]Seven[/name]
~There are seven days of the feast of Passover
~The menorah, a seven-branched candelabrum, is one of the oldest symbols of the Jewish people.
~[name]Seven[/name] blessings are recited under the chuppah during a Jewish wedding ceremony.
~In Christianity, there were [name]Seven[/name] days of Creation. In the New Testament, [name]Jesus[/name] says to [name]Peter[/name] to forgive “seventy times seven” times (Which doesn’t equal seven, I know, but I think the number is still symbolic)
~The number of sages in Hindu mythology; their wives are the goddesses referred to as the “[name]Seven[/name] Mothers.”
~There are seven chakras

There are so many more, I can’t even write it all. [name]Seven[/name] has always been a very meaningful number to my husband and me. Unfortunately, the majority of people are unfamiliar with it’s symbolism and may think that you are numbering your child instead of naming them, when in reality it is so much richer in meaning than a lot of other names.

I went to elementary school with a girl named [name]Octavia[/name] (eight). She said the name runs in her family. It was first bore by her greatgrandmother who was the 8th born child.

Ok, what about Thirteen?

I know the show House he calls [name]Remy[/name] ([name]Olivia[/name] Wilde) thirteen ALL the time.

Personally, in my family 13 is a very good number…for others maybe not.

It’s always been specifically me and my father’s number together.

I like the name [name]Seven[/name]. It is my lucky number.