Number two is on the way!!!

We just found out this weekend that we’re pregnant with our second child!
I’m only 5-ish weeks along and we’re keeping it under wraps for a little longer, but I figured it would be safe to announce it here!

I’ve been working on names for this baby for a very long time (Thanks again to everyone here who’s helped me toss around ideas for the last year or so!) and here are the forerunners:

If it’s a boy:
Cierdan/Cirdan [name]Jerome[/name] (Still debating the spelling, but the name is set in stone)

If it’s a girl:
[name]Calla[/name] (more than likely)

Middle name is still up in the air:
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] Eilonwy
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Eowyn[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Christine[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Dulcinea[/name]
etc.

[name]Feel[/name] free to add suggestions!

Congratulations on # 2!

Is Cirdan pronounced seer-den? I like it. :slight_smile:

What’s your first child’s name?

Thank you jennyl!

Cirdan is pronounced with a hard k-- “[name]KEER[/name]-den”

And our son’s name is [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Scott[/name]. :slight_smile:

Cierdan/Cirdan [name]Jerome[/name] (Still debating the spelling, but the name is set in stone)

I think that the Cier spelling is better because it is closer to [name]Kier[/name] which I would pronounce a different way to Cir ie Sir. Nice to see [name]Jerome[/name] being used.

What don’t you go for [name]Calista[/name] as it seems more like your style to go for a longer name?

My pick would simply be [name]Calista[/name] [name]Joy[/name] nn [name]Calla[/name]

Yea!!! Congratulations! :slight_smile: I’m glad you still like Cierdan. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Calla[/name]!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Please give my best wishes to your little bean. :slight_smile:

Take care!

hee hee Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!
It’s pretty crazy realizing I’ve been on this site for a year now–since [name]Rowan[/name] was about 4 months old! You may have been the first once I talked to actually! :slight_smile: Now here I am with another little [name]June[/name]-bean growing! (Yup-- due in [name]June[/name]. Again.)
Time flies!!

This is so exciting, [name]Dove[/name]! It’s so amazing to think that your C name fantasies will be taking root in reality now! :slight_smile:

I hope Mr. [name]Rowan[/name] is doing well! :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Thanks rollo~

I’m leaning toward the Cier- spelling myself for the same reasons you cited. The original name is Cirdan though-- from [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings.

[name]Calista[/name] is nms-- we picked [name]Calla[/name] because of the flower (my name is a flower too) and because it’s a family name. :slight_smile: I actually do like short and sweet girl’s names and longer boy’s names. Not sure why!
Thank you for the suggestions!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Dove[/name] thanks for explaining that I think [name]Calla[/name] is a beautiful name.

Congrats!!! I like [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]!

This combo really works and I am not a [name]Josephine[/name] lover!

Congratulations! I didn’t know when we spoke about the Cierdan/Cirdan spelling that you weren’t pregnant yet, but I’m so excited for you!

I love Cierdan/Cirdan and [name]Calla[/name]. [name]Both[/name] such gorgeous names, you don’t even need to look elsewhere. I also really like [name]Jerome[/name] with Cierdan/Cirdan. For [name]Calla[/name], my favourite suggestions are:

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Christina[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (I think [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] may be too much, although I also like [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name])
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

lamps~

Yes, I’m a little obsessed with names and have been on this site since my first was only 4 months old. :slight_smile:

The thing is, my husband and I had such a hard time agreeing on [name]Rowan[/name]'s name that I knew I had to start searching ASAP in order to find something we could both be happy with by the time our second came!

Thank you for the mn suggestions too! :slight_smile: [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] is my favorite but our last name starts with an L and I’m afraid it’s a bit L-heavy. That’s why I threw [name]Joy[/name] in there to break things up…
but still not entirely satisfied with it.

I’ll probably be posting a lot over the next 7 or 8 months! :slight_smile:

I love Cierdan/Cirdan and [name]Calla[/name], too.

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] - love, but not so much with your last name which begins with “L”, right?
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] - love
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - love!

What about
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Imogene[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]

I agree, [name]Lucia[/name] is gorgeous - pity it doesn’t go well with your surname, but as you say, maybe another name with it can help. For me the three names [name]Calla[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Joy[/name] are all so strong that I find it a bit overwhelming, but that might just be me.
The more I think of it, I also like your [name]Dulcinea[/name] option too.

Some more ideas for [name]Calla[/name] mns:
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Brigid[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Shay[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Yseult[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]

[name]Do[/name] any of those appeal?