Nya

I love this name, hoping someone can help me find a reason this could be a nn for something or something?

A very lovely name, I agree! When I read it my first thought was [name_f]Shania[/name_f].
I don’t know how close or obvious you like nicknames to be… [name_f]Anya[/name_f]/[name_f]Enya[/name_f]/Lenya/[name_u]Danya[/name_u] nickname [name_f]Nya[/name_f]? I know they have different sounds, but they have the right letters.
You could use a name that ends eith -ny and a middle name that starts with A-.
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nya[/name_f]? Wrong letters, close to the right sounds.
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f] is a beautiful name (pronounced ny Ahr rah), but if [name_f]Nya[/name_f] doesn’t fit your style [name_f]Naiara[/name_f] may not either. It could easily lend itself to the nn [name_f]Nya[/name_f] I think.
[name_f]Natalya[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nya[/name_f]?
[name_f]Nayeli[/name_f] is a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning.
This is quite scattered, but I just wrote as I found them/as they came to me. All the best!

I actually really like it. I had a friend called [name_f]Nia[/name_f] (well, similar enough), short for [name_f]Nathania[/name_f]. I guess that could be an option. From the previous suggestions I second [name_f]Natalya[/name_f]/[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nayeli[/name_f] (I’ve never thought of [name_f]Nya[/name_f] for [name_f]Nayeli[/name_f] -which I have on my list, guess it could work!). :slight_smile:

Any names with N, i/y and a sound can be nicknamed [name_f]Nya[/name_f], I guess.
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ania[/name_f]/[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Tania[/name_f]/[name_f]Tanya[/name_f]

[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f]
I am sure this is achievable. I knew a little [name_f]Nia[/name_f] and I cant remember what her full name is right now so frustrating - but I would remember if it was very appealing. I think [name_f]Nya[/name_f] is beautiful but you still need a lovely full name. Keep trying.

Anaiah
[name_f]Naia[/name_f]
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f]
Adannaya
Ainoa
Altansarnai
[name_f]Naamah[/name_f]/Na’amah–nay-uh-muh
Naenia–nay-knee-uh, ny-knee-uh
Nanaya/Nanaia
[name_f]Nyala[/name_f]
Nyarai
Nyazik
[name_f]Nyree[/name_f]
Sarnai
[name_f]Zenaida[/name_f]
Zyanya

Loving these ideas thank you!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Ana[/name_f]ïs.

I also think of [name_f]Sonia[/name_f] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].