O Names for Boys

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband wants to stick with O names for our baby boy due in [name_u]July[/name_u]. He has a son named [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and we have a daughter together named [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I’m not in love with any names. What do you guys think of the following? Any suggestions?

[name_m]Oakes[/name_m]
Oaklen
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

Your kids have fantastic names!
[name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] are nice! Have you considered [name_u]Oak[/name_u], just [name_u]Oak[/name_u]?

Suggestions:
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Odysseus[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_m]Octavio[/name_m]
[name_u]Ode[/name_u]
[name_m]Oakland[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Osborn[/name_m]
[name_m]Olaf[/name_m]/[name_m]Olav[/name_m]
[name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_m]Orfeo[/name_m]/[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Othello[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]

1 Like

Initially I was going to suggest [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but then I saw your children’s names.

I’m not really a fan of the first two, but I like the suggestion of just [name_u]Oak[/name_u].
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] strikes me as a girl’s name, but I like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m].

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Orin[/name_m]
[name_m]Omar[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]-The nickname [name_m]Lando[/name_m] is adorable
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_m]Orville[/name_m]

In my opinion, [name_m]Oakes[/name_m]/Oaklen/[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] are just a little too similar in sound to [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

What about…
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_m]Onslow[/name_m]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oxford[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]

I love the awesome [name_m]Orson[/name_m] and soft and quirky [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] is cool too.

Oh, I really love your kids’ names! From your list my favorite is [name_m]Otto[/name_m]; besides that I think my favorite “O” names to go with your set would be [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], and [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. (If this baby might not be your last, it could also be worth thinking about whether you want to tie yourself into this pattern for the next one, if you’re finding it tricky! Totally understand if that’s your preference though :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I love [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m], and also [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Orwell[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and [name_m]Orlando[/name_m].

If you’ve gone through all the ‘O’ names out there and there’s nothing you’re particularly fond of, it sounds like this baby will not get a name starting with O. It’s nice when these things work out, but not at the expense of using a name both parents feel good about. Have you or your husband looked at any names not starting with O? Broadening your search criteria will definitely help and only seems fair at this point. Your husband will probably find a non ‘O’ name that he loves even more than the idea of all siblings sharing an initial. Keep looking! Good luck.

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] or [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] or Oaklen…so hard to choose!!!

I second (or third or fourth or whatever :slight_smile: ) [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], and [name_m]Orlando[/name_m].

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and Oaklen would be my favourites from your list, but I would be a little concerned that Oaklen sounds a bit unisex, because I’ve heard of some little [name_f]Oaklyn[/name_f]’s in my area.

I really like the suggestion of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] is another favourite of mine but I’m not sure if that fits so great with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to add [name_m]Omri[/name_m].

We have looked at lots of names, that’s the problem, cant really find one that we really like. This baby may be nameless :wink:

Congratulations!!

I love the O theme. It’s really unexpected and sweet.
I love [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] nn [name_u]Oak[/name_u].

I also like the suggestion of [name_m]Otis[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] son has a little friend named [name_m]Otis[/name_m] and he is very cute!

If you were still seeking suggestions I would add :
O’[name_m]Neill[/name_m]
Ores
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
O’[name_f]Malley[/name_f]

Really love [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] :green_heart:

I also really like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Omri[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (not usable if you have an [name_f]Olive[/name_f] though!)

I have to agree with this :point_up:

Naming patterns can be sweet, but two O names so far feels like more of a coincidence than a pattern to me, so I don’t think anyone will necessarily be expecting a third O name from you.

I do understand the draw of continuing the pattern, especially as it ties your blended family together, but I think the priority should always be finding a name you love for each child. Otherwise someone’s left out in a different way (two names you love, one you chose for the initial).

If you can’t find an O name you love this time around, what about choosing a name with a strong O sound elsewhere in the name. There are loads of cool O-ending options, like:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]