obsessed with names-WDYT of these?

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m so excited I found this site! I’m only fifteen but I’m obsessed with names since as long as I can remember. [name]Just[/name] felt like sharing the names I love and what people think of them. I think I like more classic underused names that are either very feminine for girls and masculine for boys. Currently these are my top names.

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave)
[name]Aubriana[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay)
[name]Alyssia[/name]

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn)
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name])
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name])
[name]Zoran[/name]

Also wondering if I’m the only teen on here as I don’t really want to waste people’s time who are actually pregnant lol.

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a teen, too! There was a recent post about teen name lovers that you might want to look at; we’re not the only teens on here! I like a lot of your names. :slight_smile:

[name]Anastasia[/name]: I think this is really pretty, and I like all the nicknames.

[name]Aubriana[/name]: I’m not a fan of made-up names, but I do love [name]Adriana[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name].

[name]Isadora[/name]: I really like [name]Isadora[/name]! I think it’s a good alternative to the super-popular [name]Isabella[/name].

[name]Mireille[/name]: This is absolutely gorgeous, and my favorite of your list!

[name]Alyssia[/name]: I don’t really like it… it reminds me of the dated [name]Alyssa[/name], plus it sounds made up. [name]Elysia[/name] is similar-- it’s a Greek name.

[name]Augustus[/name]: I like this, but I prefer [name]Augustin[/name] to get to the nickname [name]Gus[/name].

[name]Nathaniel[/name]: I think it’s a nice, classic name.

[name]Thaddeus[/name]: It’s interesting… definitely growing on me!

[name]Solomon[/name]: I’m not sure about it… my aunt is planning to name her baby [name]Solomon[/name] if it’s a boy. It could grow on me, though.

[name]Montgomery[/name]: Too fancy and surnamey for me…

[name]Zoran[/name]: I haven’t heard of this before… I like the girl version of [name]Zora[/name], though.

Other names you might like:

[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]

[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Hehe…good to know there are other teens on here. I love a lot of your suggestions-most of which I’ve already been obsessed with lol.

I’ve always loved [name]Juliet[/name] but prefer it more as a middle, and I love short spunky names like [name]Zara[/name] (Also love [name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Fifer[/name]).
[name]Matteo[/name], [name]Casper[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are also some of my faves.

Some more I like are:

[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] (though getting quiet popular)

Also love these names for girls but again quiet popular.
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]

These are others I love but not as popular:

[name]Azaria[/name] (although I’m in Australia and this is the name of a baby that got killed by a dingo back in the 80’s)
[name]Ciel[/name] (see-el)
Chaia (shy-ah)
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]

There’s too many to list! I love heaps of names but nothing too trendy or with weird spellings.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Minka[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave): I think this is so beautiful…

[name]Aubriana[/name]: I like [name]Adriana[/name] a lot, but I can see [name]Aubriana[/name]'s appeal.

[name]Isadora[/name]: I think this is such a great name!

[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay): I [name]LOVE[/name] it! :slight_smile:

[name]Alyssia[/name]: It reminds me too much of [name]Alyssa[/name]. I’m wondering if you’d like [name]Alessia[/name].

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn): I love it (and [name]Augustin[/name])…

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]): One of my favorites!

[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]): So handsome…

[name]Solomon[/name]: This has been growing on me, and I’d love to see it on a baby!

[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name]): I think it’s a nice name, and I really like it as a middle, too…

[name]Zoran[/name]: It’s too out there for me, but I think it’s interesting.

I love so many of your names, and I’m glad you posted! :slight_smile:

If you’re interested in the teen thread [name]Iris[/name] mentioned, here it is:

Take care!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m a teen name lover too :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave) - love this, so elegant, all the nicknames are gorgeous as well

[name]Aubriana[/name] - I prefer this over [name]Aubrey[/name] but I don’t love it

[name]Isadora[/name] - love! I do like [name]Isabella[/name] but I like this a lot better, such a great alternative

[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay) - I love so many french ones and this is one of them

[name]Alyssia[/name] - I agree that this looks a little made up, do you like [name]Alessia[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name] or [name]Elysia[/name]

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn) - [name]Gus[/name] is a nice nickname, [name]Augustus[/name] seems like a lotta name though. However, I would love to see it on someone else

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - I prefer [name]Nathan[/name] but I do like [name]Nathaniel[/name]

[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]) - This is really cool, I love it

[name]Solomon[/name] - this is so cut ewith nickname [name]Sol[/name] and it could age so well

[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name]) - [name]Monty[/name] is so so sweet, [name]Montgomery[/name] is amazing

[name]Zoran[/name] - I haven’t heard of this before, I’m more of a fan of classical names though.

nice list, it had quite a few of my favouites on it :slight_smile:

[name]Anastasia[/name] - This name reminds me of [name]Anastasia[/name] Romanov, the famous princess of [name]Russia[/name]. I think it is a beautiful, elegant, romantic name befitting of a feminine little lady or a spunky tomboy. I just wish it wouldn’t get shortened to [name]Stacy[/name]!

[name]Aubriana[/name] - I really don’t like the sound at the beginning of this name, the [name]Aubrey[/name] sound. It sounds awkward and decidedly un-feminine in my opinion. This name looks like a trendy combination of names, and I don’t care for that personally. [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Adriana[/name] would be better, but they aren’t really to my style.

[name]Isadora[/name] - This is a sassy and unique alternative to the overly-popular (and cutesy) [name]Isabella[/name]. It feels very classic and glamorous, yet it’s sound gives it a decidedly modern and fresh feel. I like both [name]Izzy[/name] and [name]Dora[/name] as nicknames, especially since [name]Dora[/name] means “gift.”

[name]Mireille[/name] - I see the appeal of this interesting and unique French name, but it isn’t one of my absolute favorites. It has an elegant and rich sound, which I certainly appreciate, but I feel it is best suited as a middle name.

[name]Alyssia[/name] - I don’t care for this at all. I don’t much like the dated [name]Alyssa[/name], and this name looks like a trendy updating of [name]Alyssa[/name].

[name]Augustus[/name] - This sounds quite regal, yet it is a bit stuffy. The nickname [name]Gus[/name] lightens it up a bit, but it takes a special boy to pull off such a name. I once knew an [name]Augustine[/name] who went by [name]Gus[/name] (though the younger ladies sometimes called him [name]Gusty[/name]), and he was a real jock/stud/playboy - whatever you may call it! I think I prefer the French [name]Augustin[/name] to lend the name a more elegant, romantic feel.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] - I love this strong Hebrew classic! It’s on my list of favorites, both for its strong and regal sound and for its spunky and masculine nicknames, [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Niel[/name]. A perfect choice.

[name]Thaddeus[/name] - While I like [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name] seems to have a heaviness about it that doesn’t sit quite right with me. I see the appeal, what with the vintage charm and fun nickname, but the gloomy sound seems to relegate this name to the middle position in my book.

[name]Solomon[/name] - I’m not in love with it, but I believe that the associations to [name]King[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] are fairly well-received. The name doesn’t have any clear nickname favorites for me, and I think it is a bit of a mouthful for a boy to live with, but I see the appeal of the modern sound mixed with ancient style and grace.

[name]Montgomery[/name] - I can’t see this name as anything but a family middle name or a dog name. [name]Monty[/name] honestly is a terrible nickname for a child in my opinion. I see a huge [name]St[/name]. [name]Bernard[/name] when I envision [name]Monty[/name], not a sweet little boy!

[name]Zoran[/name] - This name feels decidedly modern in comparison to your other Biblical, vintage, and classic choices. I like the strong Z sound, as it sounds both fresh and masculine, but I think I prefer the female name [name]Zara[/name], a variant of [name]Sarah[/name], instead. I’d suggest something like [name]Stellan[/name], a name with a similar feel but more substance in my opinion.

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry, and I look forward to seeing you on the polls! Best wishes to you :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave)- I love [name]Anastasia[/name]! It’s elegant and reminds of a regal Russian princess!

[name]Aubriana[/name]- I’m not a fan of [name]Aubriana[/name] but I love [name]Adriana[/name], [name]Ariana[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name].

[name]Isadora[/name]- I think [name]Isadora[/name] is a gorgeous substitute for the uber-popular [name]Isabella[/name]. I like [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] as well.

[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay)- I think this would an adorable mn. I love [name]Mirabelle[/name] as well with the nn [name]Mira[/name].

[name]Alyssia[/name]- this feels like a ‘yoo-neek’ spin on the dated [name]Alyssa[/name] so I don’t like it much.

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn)- [name]Gus[/name] is cute but it brings to mind the mouse from [name]Cinderella[/name] :slight_smile: Also, [name]Augustus[/name] feels very stuffy and formal to me. I like [name]August[/name] much more.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])- I love both [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name] with the nn [name]Nate[/name]!

[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name])- [name]Thaddeus[/name] is really growing on me. I love [name]Theodore[/name], nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Ted[/name], as well as [name]Tobin[/name], nn [name]Toby[/name], which are similar.

[name]Solomon[/name]- I’m not a big fan.

[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name])- feels too much like a surname for me to like.

[name]Zoran[/name]- I like the feminine [name]Zara[/name] and [name]Zora[/name] better.

You have great taste! I think there are several teen posters on here and not everyone is pg!

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave)- beautiful and elegant, reminds me of the Romanovs too.
[name]Aubriana[/name]- not a fan. I like [name]Audrey[/name]/ [name]Audra[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name].
[name]Isadora[/name]- lovely! I love the nn [name]Dora[/name] too.
[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay)- beautiful and exotic.
[name]Alyssia[/name]- not a fan. I love [name]Alice[/name] but not keen on [name]Alicia[/name] and all the varitaions.

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn)- I love [name]August[/name]/ [name]Augustin[/name]. [name]Augustus[/name] is great too but is a little [name]OTT[/name] for me to actually use.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])- lovely, manly classic
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name])-not a fan
[name]Solomon[/name]- ok
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name])- really like this actually!
[name]Zoran[/name]- not my style

I’m a teen, too! :slight_smile: You aren’t alone!

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] - This is very ‘Romanov’ to me, which is something I have a hard time with, but it’s very pretty.
[name]Aubriana[/name] - Not a fan, sorry.
[name]Isadora[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this, I think it’s the perfect alternative to [name]Isabella[/name]. You may also like [name]Arabella[/name]…
[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay) - [name]LOVE[/name] this classic French name, but I pron. it Mee-[name]RAY[/name]-uh, which is the traditional French pron.
[name]Alyssia[/name] - Not a fan, sorry.

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn) - [name]LOVE[/name].
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - I have a brother named [name]Jonathan[/name] and his kids are [name]Jonathan[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name] ‘[name]Nate[/name]’ so there are just too many in my family, but it’s cute.
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]) - I will never get into this name, sorry.
[name]Solomon[/name] - I prefer the similar [name]Sullivan[/name].
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name]) - It could be cute with the right last name or it could sound totally snotty.
[name]Zoran[/name] - Reminds me of the anti-depressant Zofran.

I’m not a teen, I guess, but 21 with no plans of being pregnant any time soon, haha. Names are fascinating! I don’t understand why more people aren’t more intrigued.

My favorites:

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name], very pretty and princessy (a compliment, in my book). I also love [name]Annabelle[/name]!

Boys:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])- [name]Love[/name] this name, it’s so classic. To me it just screams prep-school New [name]England[/name]. Again, a compliment in my book!
[name]Zoran[/name]- Never heard of it and it’s really cool.

I am not a teen But I have a granddaughter named
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Dior[/name]. Her parents pronounce it "[name]Ona[/name]-stasia " “[name]Dee[/name]- or”.
Pretty neat

I am not a teen But I have a granddaughter named
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Dior[/name]. Her parents pronounce it "[name]Ona[/name]-stasia " “[name]Dee[/name]- or”.
Pretty neat

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] (my all time fave) - [name]Anastasia[/name] is pretty. I’ve never been a huge fan, but fairly pretty.
[name]Aubriana[/name] - Not really a fan.
[name]Isadora[/name] - [name]Isadora[/name] is lovely! I’ve always loved it. <3
[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay) - Not a fan.
[name]Alyssia[/name] - Same as [name]Mireille[/name].

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn) - [name]Augustus[/name] is nice. (: I think [name]Gus[/name] is cute, too.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - [name]Nathaniel[/name] is very handsome.
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]) - Nice!
[name]Solomon[/name] - Not a fan.
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name]) - Not a huge fan. Reminds me of [name]Montgomery[/name] the band…
[name]Zoran[/name] - Not a fan.

I’m young as well, and not pregant nor wanting to be pregnant for a long time yet! I’m even younger than most of you, probably. (: Yet my love for names drew me here.

Girls:
[name]Anastasia[/name] - ok
[name]Aubriana[/name] - not really sure
[name]Isadora[/name] - I love it
[name]Mireille[/name] (Meer-ay) - cute
[name]Alyssia[/name] - not sure

Boys:
[name]Augustus[/name] (love [name]Gus[/name] as a nn) - ok
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Thad[/name]) - nice
[name]Solomon[/name] - I don’t like it
[name]Montgomery[/name] ([name]Monty[/name]) - I always think about general [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Zoran[/name] - I don’t like it

My favorites:
[name]Isadora[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] - GREAT names

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a teen too - so don’t even worry about it! I’m obsessed with names too - here are a few I like:

Girls
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Ayelet[/name] ([name]Ayelet[/name] is a Hebrew name pronounced eye-elle-et)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Mira[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Annalise[/name]

Boys
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Dean[/name]

As for your choices, I love [name]Anastasia[/name] - it’s so classic and romantic!

This is an interesting post. Can you teens articulate why you are obsessed with names?

I am not a teen now, but i was nae obsessed as a teen. For me it was my love for babies, and the idea of being a mom some day that made me love names. I have always wanted to be a mom and thinking about made me want to be prepared so when i was younger i had lists of names that i said i would name my children no matter what my husband thought. Boy how thats not true lol :stuck_out_tongue: But i cant speak for every name loving teen but when i was a teen for me it was my want to be a mom and my excitement to be a mom one day:) It had died down a little then when i got married and now that we decided to try to concieve its at full swing again:)