Octavia, Claudia...?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I’m 7 months pregnant with my first child, a girl. My husband and I are looking for a unique/yet classic (is that possible?) name that’s a bit ahead of the curve… a few ideas we have:

[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]

I know we don’t have many, but what do you think so far?

Very [name]Roman[/name]. :slight_smile: I like both of them-- they’re interesting enough to get attention, but by no means bizarre. In the past few years, I’ve really come to admire [name]Claudia[/name], but will never be able to use it. Some other names you might want to consider:

[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]

What do you think of [name]Ingrid[/name]? I just read a bit about it on another naming site and I’m really starting to like it… although my favorites change every day :slight_smile:
It has an old Hollywood glamour feel and it means “beautiful” which is a bonus!
I think it feels really strong, but I’m wondering… do you know of any nicknames?
Also, I kind of am starting to like [name]Esther[/name]…

I’m not a fan of [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Esther[/name], but that’s just me. Of the two, I prefer [name]Ingrid[/name], but in general, am more attracted to soft, feminine names. For some reason, neither [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Esther[/name] do the job for me, but if you love either one, you should use it! :slight_smile:

Some more ideas:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name] (middle name, due the “Oh, feel ya” teasing)
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

Best wishes to you!

I adore [name]Claudia[/name], so elegant and pretty!

I also like [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Portia[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name] & [name]Violetta[/name] from [name]Melissa[/name]'s suggestions.

the only nickname I know from [name]Ingrid[/name] is [name]Inga[/name], but I’m sure you could use anything non-names specific too ([name]Honey[/name], Sweetie, [name]Princess[/name]) . [name]Esther[/name]'s okay. It gives me fits saying it aloud. Feels like I’m lisping. I much prefer the original form (that happens to be the Nmae of the [name]Day[/name] here today): [name]Hester[/name]. Much easier for me to say. And I much prefer [name]Queen[/name] [name]Esther[/name]'s predecessor: [name]Vashti[/name].

[name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] are right up my alley, along with [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Ilse[/name]/[name]Else[/name], [name]Siri[/name] and [name]Annika[/name]/[name]Annick[/name]. [name]Ingrid[/name] seems pretty nick-name unfriendly; all I know of is [name]Inge[/name], which is typically used as a stand-alone name.

I forgot to mention [name]Octavia[/name] and [name]Claudia[/name]! I really, really like [name]Octavia[/name], and while [name]Claudia[/name] is a beautiful name, I personally wouldn’t use it because of the “[name]Claud[/name]” nickname, which makes me think of the word “clod.” It’s a shame, because [name]Claudia[/name] is a stunning name, but I just can’t shake its association with “clod.”

I love the names [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], and [name]Esther[/name]!

I love [name]Claudia[/name], it’s such a seldom-used classic. I would probably opt for [name]Ophelia[/name] over [name]Octavia[/name] personally. And I do love [name]Ingrid[/name] as well. For some reason [name]Esther[/name] doesn’t appeal to me as much as the others. There’s something sort of sassy about [name]Astrid[/name] that I like as well.

Oh, I love [name]Ingrid[/name]! In fact, I grew up with an [name]Ingrid[/name] who is gorgeous, intelligent, strong, and overall just a lovely person. I’m not sure about nicknames, but I think you could stretch it an use [name]Ina[/name], which adds a bit of the feminine flair present in [name]Octavia[/name] and [name]Claudia[/name].