October

[name]November[/name] was brought up on the girls’ board, and last night DH suggested [name]October[/name]. [name]October[/name] is an important month to us (we met in [name]October[/name], the following year we got engaged in [name]October[/name], and got married the next [name]October[/name]). WDYT of the name [name]October[/name]? Would you nn him [name]Toby[/name]? We like [name]Toby[/name] because [name]Tobias[/name] is on our “mutual” list. I just hate that it doesn’t go well with our planned sibset :expressionless:

I recently met a little girl named [name]October[/name]. I think its a cute name. Her brother is [name]Olympio/name.

I went to school with a boy named [name]October[/name]- but he went by Tober. It was only preschool though- who knows what he went by later.

I like [name]October[/name] very much, and even though it is a “unisex” name I think it is more feminine. If you do yuse it for a boy, [name]Toby[/name] is a cute nickname, I hadn’t though of that! Because [name]October[/name] has such a special meaning for you and your husband it would be an interesting story to explain to your children one day! Because it doesn’t go with your planned sibset you could use it as a middle name. Other name related to the root of [name]October[/name], Octo- which means eight, you might like [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Octavianne[/name], [name]Octaviana[/name], [name]Octavian[/name], [name]Octavio[/name], [name]Octavianno[/name].

I love it! :slight_smile: My first baby’s birthday is in [name]October[/name], so I think its a wonderful month too! I really like it for a boy. Also, the suggestion for using it as a middle name is great, too, if it doesn’t fit your set. I just think it would be neat for that name to be used. I personally have never met an [name]October[/name] and I think it would make a really cool name.

[name]October[/name] is obviously an unusual name but it has a lot of meaning for you, and I think is a lovely sounding word to say out loud (it just feels nice to say!! :slight_smile: ) and [name]Toby[/name] or Tober are both lovely alternative names that won’t raise any eyebrows.

WHen I first heard [name]October[/name], I instantly thought of it as a girl’s name, but with the nickname [name]Toby[/name] I can definitely see it on a boy. After all [name]August[/name] is a well established name isn’t it? I think names with lots of personal significance are pretty cool. Many times through school (I’m currently in it so I know!) you will be asked why you were named what you are. Having a cool story will be more interesting than “my parents just liked it” (which of course is perfectly fine too.) Overall, I would rather see the name on a girl BUT I would also love to meet a boy named [name]October[/name]!