Odd or not common nn's...

I’m trying to find a family name to use as mn for my daughter. And searching through all the names, I’ve come across a couple of strange or odd nn’s. I was wondering if anyone else knows of any nn’s that aren’t really related to the person’s actual name.

Here is what I have so far:
[name]LaVerne[/name] - nn [name]Lolly[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] - nn Muszie (i don’t know how to actually spell it, but the pn is Muh-szhee, it’s hard to explain this pn, but it’s like sza sza gabore, where she s and z run together)
Stanely - stash or stashu (with the a pn’d as a short a - similar to [name]Tom[/name]) , but I know this is Polish for [name]Stanley[/name], so to me it’s not all that weird - to others it may be.

[name]Raquel[/name], my parents call me [name]Birdie[/name], and that is clearly not related to my name!

[name]Birdie[/name], huh? Is there a reason behind that?

I forgot about my nn - DUH!!! [name]Rocky[/name].

There is more of a connection between [name]Rocky[/name] and [name]Raquel[/name] than between [name]Lauren[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name]! Anyway, I’m not sure of the exact story, but apparently my paternal great grandmother was actually named [name]Birdie[/name]. Why her name became my nickname - I have no idea!

[name]Lauren[/name], I knew an [name]Emily[/name] who was nicknamed [name]Lemon[/name]! Ok that was a bit random…but her sister was [name]Casey[/name], without a nickname at all.

lol - that’s funny. I’m sorry you had to go through life with the name [name]Birdie[/name] attached to you - unless you really like the name.

Haha! That’s funny about the [name]Emily[/name] - [name]Lemon[/name] thing! Actually, nobody ever has called me [name]Lemon[/name], it just happens to use all of my initials ([name]LEM[/name])…

Actually, I don’t mind being called [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Raquel[/name]. I don’t know why, because it really is a silly name! But, as long as it is just my parents (and maybe one of my grandmothers) who uses the nickname, it’s good. Anyone else tries to use it? Not cool.

My uncles name is [name]James[/name] and nicknamed Spider! xD I have no idea why. I think it may just be due to the laaarge number of [name]James[/name] in the family.

Also, my name is [name]Juliette[/name] and as a child I was called [name]Lavinia[/name]! For no apparent reason either.

My name is [name]Marianne[/name], but my mom calls me [name]Dolly[/name] and my dad calls me [name]Mel[/name] (but that spells my initials, so there is a bit of a connection). And a family friend has always called me Ladybug. I guess I’d consider [name]Dolly[/name] and Ladybug more of pet names though.

My mom is [name]Lilly[/name] but has always been known as [name]Dolly[/name] :slight_smile:

My uncle [name]Mervin[/name] is called Piggy lol

I’m [name]Charlotte[/name] but my father calls me [name]Bec[/name], no idea why. Also have two aunts called [name]Justine[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] with the nn [name]Belle[/name]. Oh and one similar to [name]Birdie[/name]; my sister’s nn is Mouse:) Funny the nn’s we get isn’t it?

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Hmm…my name is [name]Sydney[/name], but my grandfather has called me Chile [name]Pepper[/name] since before I was born! Does that count? Also, he calls my mom ([name]Deborah[/name]) Shorty a lot, for obvious reasons. Sometimes he calls my brother ([name]Philip[/name]) [name]Rufus[/name], but that’s just to freak everyone out. I think he wants us all to think he’s off his rocker sometimes.(:
My cousin [name]Sabina[/name] has had lots of nn’s, all slightly related to her name (Bia, [name]Bina[/name], Sabee with the stress on the second syllable, BiBoo, [name]Bee[/name], [name]Binny[/name], Sabby, BiBiO, Saboo, Bibby, Binsa and so on–I used to make them up all the time when we were little. [name]Bina[/name]'s the only one that really stuck, and sometimes [name]Bee[/name]). And I’ve heard of Margarets that go by [name]Daisy[/name], which entirely confuses me. It doesn’t even mean ‘daisy’! Can anyone explain this to me??
NameGoddess

[name]Juliette[/name] & [name]Lavinia[/name]? [name]How[/name] lucky! TWO pretty names(:

My mom calls me [name]Petunia[/name] and my grandmother calls me [name]Missy[/name]-[name]Sue[/name] lol