Odetta? Oona? Ayla?

EDIT: Please look at my newer topics!

I like [name]Oona[/name] a lot, but I prefer the spelling [name]Una[/name]. I don’t care for any of the others, sorry - especially Winnow, which is just a word, and not a name - and not even a word with a good meaning. It means “to get rid of” - please don’t name your daughter that!

I know it’s not a name, I just really like word names a lot and have been flirting with tons of ideas, sort of not considering the meaning most of the time as Winnow isn’t a terribly popular word anyway…I do see what you mean though, the negative meanings are probably best avoided when possible!

I like all of them quite a bit, except for Winnow. It makes me think of Window.

Thank you! I’ve ruled out Winnow, [name]Ayla[/name], and [name]Oona[/name] due to some negative or ‘eh’ responses I’ve received!

Aww, that is too bad. I think both [name]Ayla[/name] and [name]Oona[/name] are lovely, but like I said, I think all the others are great too.

i like [name]Zoelie[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name]. my sister’s name is [name]Ayla[/name], but it’s spelled Aela ( Short for Mykaela)

• [name]Evelyn[/name]

I like [name]Odetta[/name]. I actually like [name]Odette[/name] better, but with your last name it doesn’t really work.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Zoelie[/name]? I like how it looks but I’m not sure how to say it. [name]Zo[/name]-a-lee? [name]Zo[/name]-lee?

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Oona[/name] (although there’s nothing wrong with it, just not my style) but I like [name]Ayla[/name] quite a bit, I’m a little sad it’s off your list. lol

Zoh-ell-ee! I like [name]Ayla[/name] too, it just didn’t go over well with a few of my close friends, and I’m wondering if I don’t like the names I’m considering now better, anyway! Not that I don’t love [name]Ayla[/name], but maybe [name]Zoelle[/name], [name]Zoa[/name], [name]Zoelie[/name], or [name]Odetta[/name] are better choices for me! :slight_smile:

Also, I do like [name]Odette[/name] better as well, but like you’ve said, it really doesn’t work with my last name! Oh well. :rolleyes: