Odie/Ottie/Olie??

Hello Berries! I’d like to solicit some opinions on the below.

I’m really starting to love Od-/Ot- names (possibly for future children if any of them pass through DH’s scrutiny!). Examples of current crushes include:

[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Ottaline[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
Ottalya

The problem is I love nn’s for longer names but can’t seem to find comfortable nn’s for any of these. [name]Odie[/name]/[name]Ody[/name] sounds like the dog from [name]Garfield[/name] & [name]Ody[/name] (not to mention we had an actual dog named this once:/) or the word “oder”. Same problem with [name]Ottie[/name], either that or sounds like the word “odd” (here in New [name]York[/name] the t’s in [name]Ottie[/name] would sound like d’s).
I was thinking [name]Olie[/name]/[name]Oly[/name] might work for [name]Ottaline[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name] & Ottalya but I’m not sure.

I would love to hear some opinions on these names & their potential nn’s. Also, if anyone could suggest any nn possibilities that I missed that would be helpful too!

Well, my name’s [name]Ottilie[/name]. I’ve been called [name]Otto[/name], Otter, [name]Ottie[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name]/Tills at times, but I’ve manages to avoid them for the most. I think [name]Tilly[/name] or Tills are the cutest. I also like the name [name]Ottoline[/name], it’s not on your list.

A problem with O-names for girls, is when boys start reading “erotic” literature and they find “The [name]Story[/name] of O”.

[name]Odette[/name] - [name]Dee[/name], Ette, [name]Etta[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name] - [name]Delia[/name], [name]Dee[/name], [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Ottaline[/name] - [name]Ally[/name], [name]Ali[/name], Li, [name]Tali[/name],
[name]Ottilie[/name] - [name]Tilly[/name], T, [name]Lee[/name],
Ottalya - [name]Tal[/name], [name]Talya[/name]

There’s a lot of nn options. :slight_smile:

My rabbit was called Odette and we nicknamed her Detty or Detts or Detsy for short. It wasn’t intentional but that’s what she ended up being called 80% of the time. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I like [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Tali[/name] & Detty best.

[name]Ottilie[/name], I hope you didn’t have to deal with too much trouble from boys over “The [name]Story[/name] of O”! I wasn’t aware of that story so thanks for the heads up! Definitely something I’ll have to consider before actually bestowing an “O” name on a daughter.