Odilia?

@OpheliaFlora suggested [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] to me in the “Rate the user card with questions” thread and I quite like the name. [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] feels sophisticated, regal and feminine and sounds beautiful. I also like how it possibly has the same origins as [name_m]Otto[/name_m] because [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a honour name for me.

But, what do you guys think about [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]? Does it fit in well with my other names? What kind of person do you think an [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] would be?

I pronounce it Od-dee-lee-a, this may not be the proper way to say it but in Finnish it’s the automatic one.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] is a beautiful name! I pronounce it o-DEE-lee-a. I think it fits very well with your other names. I know someone called [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] so I would imagine an [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] to be like her: chatty and relaxed. But I think this name would also be suitable for someone with a more quiet personality.

1 Like

I think it’s very pretty and elegant! It definitely fits with your names, in my opinion, it has the same elegant, international feel. I would assume it was oh-dee-lee-uh, which seems similar to your pronunciation.

I think an [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] would be very kind, maybe a little on the shy side, but very friendly once you get to know her!

1 Like

It is really pretty and fits well with you style! however the name of the ‘black swan’ in swan lake is [name_f]Odile[/name_f], and unfortunately that’s all I think of when I hear it! but if you’re not a big ballet person that shouldn’t be a big deal… but because of this association, I imagine an [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] to be a petite, serious, hard working ballet dancer type

1 Like

Odilia is so sweet and strong! I imagine her to be sweet and cheerful!

I think it fits in with your girls names

1 Like

Instinctual Pronunciations, IMO:

Odelia : o-DEE-lee-yuh
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]: o-DILL-ee-yuh

I much prefer [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] for the phonetic and spelling familiarity. Immediately, I know how to say and spell it bc of other names like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Delia[/name_f]/Deliah.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] is a lovely name and it fits right in with your other names. I know an elderly lady a few years back named [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] and I always found her name to be lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I would spell it [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], it just looks more complete IMO

1 Like

I love [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]! Also the Hebrew [name_f]Odelia[/name_f]. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] was on my list for years and I still have a soft spot for her in my heart! I say oh-DEE-lee-yah. I think she goes great with your favorites, and I’d love to meet a real life [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]!

I expect her to be a bit on the quiet side, sweet, a bit bookish, kind, and a bit of a dreamer. :heart:

1 Like

I love it, and think it definitely fits with your other names. I prefer the spelling “[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]” written out but it’s just a personal preference (pronounced Oh-DEE-lee-uh). I can imagine [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] to be joyful and intelligent, no negative connotations with me :))

1 Like

I love it. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite variation is Otilia. People named [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] are so lovely! I knew an Otilia nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], but you could also go with other nicknames, or use it in full.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies! I also really like the spelling [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], perhaps even a bit more than [name_f]Odilia[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]! It has a sweet sound, and it fits in with your other names!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] and (obviously) think it fits in beautifully with your other names. It has a very European (continent) and regal vibe to me. I also like [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], and go back and forth between them, but ultimately I prefer the look of [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] as well as the pronunciation (which in [name_f]English[/name_f] would be the same, but the -e- sound varies a lot more in European languages than -i- does and therefore [name_f]Odilia[/name_f] would not only match the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation but also keep its pronunciation in various languages).

1 Like