Off Topic Board

Dear [name_f]Pam[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f],

I believe we need an off topic board. I’ve seen this suggested before, so I’m just bringing it back around. I see plenty of posts that don’t necessarily fit in the rest of the board. I’ve seen things like “I’m getting my husband this gift etc” threads where it seems talking about the book is more important than the names, or the movie or whatever, or wedding stuff, or when I was starting my own business and wanted help with the name. I think it would be really cool to have an off topic board for things that aren’t necessarily name related to allow us all to connect as a community and friends…as people with similar interests beyond names.

Thank you for considering :slight_smile:

Seconding [name_u]Angel[/name_u]. We need an off topic board ;).

I think it would be a good idea, having a place for small talk.

There was once an off-topic board here on Nameberry, but for some reason [name_f]Pam[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f] decided to close it.

Ooh, yes please!

Yes! We definitely need one.

I remember when there was a “Beyond Names” board (I say as I sit in my rocking chair, knitting a sweater.) It was a good thread. We could have discussions without someone saying “What does this have to do with names?”
It’s a great idea, @dantea!

Yes, we definitely need this! A lot of people post off-topic threads in the “Momberries” forum, so it would be nice to be able to have a forum where we can talk about non-related stuff. Sometimes I have a non-related question, but I don’t want to clog up the Momberries forum so I don’t post it haha

Agreed. Good idea.

Agreed. But I think we have don’t have enough regular posters for that.

I totally second this. Most of the time the topics (that are unrelated) end up in either the talk about names or momberries board.

I disagree. I’m on another naming forum with a much smaller community than this and the Off Topic board there works just fine. We’ve got plenty of regular posters and irregular (on for a few weeks to pick a name but don’t stick around after) ones can join in too, I think it’s a good idea.

Yes, I tend not to like posting things on the momberries board as I’m 14 so its quite awkward. An off topic board will work well.

Yes, we need an off topic board! : )

I agree, an off topic board would be awesome! :slight_smile:

I agree we definitely need one. :slight_smile:

I think an off topic board is an excellent idea!

I think that would be cool! I also am frustrated with off-topic threads put in the wrong place.

Another one who agrees.

Bunches of you agree, but I don’t think [name_f]Pam[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f] have looked over here. >.<