(off topic) Looking for a 'homecoming' outfit.

I was looking for a cute ‘homecoming’ outfit for the baby to come home in. I did this for each of my children, and then I’ve saved the outfit to show them when they are adults. I was wondering if anyone knows of any online stores that might carry something like this.

I found a really cute outfit at Walmart that says ‘A Wish Come [name]True[/name]’ on it, but it is for 0-3 months (8-12lbs). I’m pretty confident my daughter is going to be a preemie size (as were [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] b/c they were born early), so she won’t fit into this outfit. They didn’t even have the outfit in a newborn size (5-8 lbs.).

I want something that is not basic - things at toys r us, kohl’s, and jc penney don’t have anything i’m looking for. I want it to be a ‘special’ outfit, but not a frilly dress (like a christening dress). What I liked about the one at Walmart was the phrase on it.

[name]TIA[/name]!

Okay, I’m not totally sure what you are looking for, but I am thinking something comfortable and pretty for your daughter, not too frilly, but not plain or boring. Is this accurate?

I think this “[name]Tiny[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] Romper” from [name]Tea[/name] is really darling. It has a bit of an [name]Asian[/name] design, with a pretty cranberry and eggplant coloring and tiny white blossoms, a bit of ruching under the chest (like a baby needs that!) - just super cute and comfy looking. It is $27 online.

Go to http://www.teacollection.com/, click on [name]BABY[/name] at the top, click on NEWBORN at the side, and you will see the items. The [name]Tiny[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] Romper is in the fourth row, but there are plenty of really cute things for your baby girl!

Another site you might like is Lands’ End. They have good quality clothing for children. The [name]Baby[/name] Girls’ Layered [name]Jersey[/name] Knit Dress (I like it in pink) is very cute - it has little pink horses on it, too! It is $19.50 online, and you could easily pair it with a cute pair of baby tights - they have a two-pack of pink and white (with cute ruffles on the bottom) for $12.99 on sale - for a really cute, comfortable, feminine outfit!

Go to www.landsend.com, click on GIRLS at the top, scroll down and click on DRESSES AND SKIRTS, click [name]BABY[/name] in the side menu, and - tada! - the little dress is the middle choice. For tights, go back up to the top menu, click on GIRLS, scroll down to TIGHTS, SOCKS, & UNDERWEAR, click [name]BABY[/name] in the side menu, and there is just one option for baby tights.

Another classic for comfortable, cute childrens’ clothing is [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson. They have a huge collection of baby girl dresses spanning from Swedish styles, [name]Holiday[/name] looks, feminine casuals, and play clothes. There are also one-piece rompers for sale! I’m personally a big fan of the [name]Merry[/name] [name]Till[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] Sweater Dress - a black cotton sweater dress with a cute alpine style - which would look darling with a pair of the matching tights or some cute red glitter tights!

Go to www.hannaandersson.com, click on [name]BABY[/name] at the top, and scroll down to your area of choice. My favorites are in DRESSES & SKIRTS, but ONE PIECE has some cute options. Tights and the like are in the SOCKS & SHOES area, of course.

If you are looking for something a bit more expensive, but definitely stylish and quality, [name]Ralph[/name] [name]Lauren[/name] is perfect. There are sale items, too! http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2943770

BabyGap has some really cute options, too!

[name]Carter[/name]'s is always good for inexpensive clothes for babies, too! This is cute - http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=15931 - and it says “[name]Love[/name] Me”. I’m generally not a fan of baby clothes with phrases on them, but this one is really sweet!

I wasn’t sure what your style was, so I threw in a bunch of options. Sorry, but you’ve stumbled on one of my guilty pleasures - baby clothes! So cute! Tell me if this isn’t what you are looking for (style, price, etc.) and I’ll take another stab at it! :slight_smile:

I really like the ones from [name]Tea[/name] Children’s and [name]Land[/name]'s End. The price is just about perfect, too. I like the [name]Sparrow[/name] one from [name]Tea[/name] Children’s, too. They are almost perfect b/c it is cute, and has a [name]Christmas[/name] feel to them, too. Which I’m expecting her to come home around [name]Christmas[/name] ([name]Alanna[/name] was in the NICU for 10 days).

They’re all cute. But the one from [name]Hanna[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] -the outfit/set, is too simple for what I’m looking for.

Thanks so much!

I’m glad you liked them. [name]Tea[/name] Children’s were my favorite, too - they just look so comfortable,pretty, and feminine. I do think that they have an understated holiday feel, so that is perfect if you expect her home around [name]Christmas[/name]! I like both [name]Tiny[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] and [name]Sparrow[/name]! There is even a reversible hat ([name]Tiny[/name] [name]Blossom[/name]/[name]Brown[/name]-White Stripe) to go with them - so sweet! I like them better than the [name]Land[/name]'s End, personally, because they seem a bit more unique and appropriate for a newborn.

I think the [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson black dress might be more appropriate for a toddler who could actually wear it and walk around in it - with red tights and black patent shoes, of course!

[name]May[/name] I ask why you expect her to be in the NICU?

As always, best wishes!

My favorite on-line stores for babies are [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson and [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Hill[/name]. When my babies were little, I also bought them gently-used clothes at quality consignment shops. I found some very wonderful clothes at those stores, and I have even saved some of them.

Are you looking for something economic or more of a one-time splurge?

I have bought several outfits for the twins from [name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. www.janieandjack.com. The [name]Christmas[/name] ones are adorable!

[name]Dottie[/name]'s Christening dress we got from www.grammies-attic.com. They have a variety of adorable outfits.

For more everyday wear, I really like Carters. If you are looking for economic options, I suggest going to your local [name]Ross[/name] Store or Marshalls. I bought so many outfits for the girls from [name]Ross[/name] that were absolutely adorable.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Dotsmom - I’m looking for more in the economic range, but a small splurge. I want it to be special, but not $50 just for a shirt. I have been to [name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] - usually buying when their stuff is on clearance or sales. It’s a very cute store!

[name]Susan[/name] - I’ll check out that [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Hill[/name] later today. It is just after 4am now and if I start looking for clothes, I’ll never get back to bed! lol

[name]Lauren[/name] - [name]Justin[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], and [name]Alanna[/name] were all admitted to the NICU when they were born - each with different lengths of stay. [name]Justin[/name] was 4 days, [name]Jacob[/name] was overnight, [name]Alanna[/name] was 10 days.
[name]Justin[/name] was born full term, but after he was born they discovered he had an extremely low platelet (that’s what clots your blood) count. They figured out his condition, then he was fine after that (his death was unrelated to this condition).
With each baby now, I have to have IV treatments once per week from 20 wks until the baby is born @ 35 wks ([name]Jacob[/name] was born @ 36 wks, I believe that is why he didn’t need to stay in the NICU). The condition is called Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia. It’s like Rh factor but with the platelets. There is no shot for a cure, there is no cure. I IV treatments help though. So the baby is born by c-section early so they can start treating the baby - since at 35 wks, the baby is usually healthy enough to survive and do well w/o too many complications. Plus me going into labor puts more stress on the baby, so they try to avoid any labor, too. It’s a long story, that was the short version. lol
If we’re lucky she’ll be healthy and can come home right away, but since she’ll be born around the same gestation as [name]Alanna[/name] I expect minor complications. [name]Alanna[/name] needed to stay in the NICU b/c 1. her platelet count was low 2. b/c her heartbeat was irregular when she would eat and 3. b/c she had minor breathing problems in the first few days. [name]Alanna[/name] was exactly 35 wks. This time 35 wks falls on a [name]Sunday[/name] - so she’ll be 35 and 1 or 2 days.

Wow, [name]Raquel[/name]! I’m sorry your poor babies have all had such complications, but hopefully this little lady will be healthy and strong and good to go! And, I’m sure she’ll look very pretty in her homecoming outfit! :slight_smile:

Hopefully she will be! I went to the dr. this morning and had an ultrasound - they said she is just over 4lbs. So, I’m thinking she’ll be 5 - 5 1/2 lbs.

I just wanted to add my good wishes for the birth, and I hope all goes well and she isn’t in NICU for long - and that you find the perfect homecoming outfit :slight_smile:

Thank you! I guess I’m leaning more towards a holiday or atleast a winter themed outfit. With [name]Jacob[/name] (he was born [name]Jan[/name]. 2) I had one with penguins on it. And with [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] ([name]July[/name] and [name]August[/name]), they were both summer themed outfits.

There was one dress @ [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson that I really liked, but they didn’t have it in the smallest size. It was the [name]Snow[/name] [name]Angel[/name] Sherpa Dress. I also liked the [name]Milano[/name] Knit Dress, but figured that was more of a wedding outfit than a homecoming outfit.

[name]Raquel[/name],

This holiday-themed onesie with matching cap is awfully cute for baby! (Baby, Toddler & Kids Modern Furniture Store: Decor, Toys & More | Crate & Kids)

[name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] has a plaid bubble dress on sale - and there is a cute red sweater to pair with it - for $29.99! (http://www.janieandjack.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524443461661&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374303717553&bmUID=1258688609334&productSizeSelected=1689949373517941)

Gymboree has a bunch of really cute holiday wear for baby! (http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306252885&bmUID=1258688702890)

I still like those onesies from [name]Tea[/name] Children’s…

Yeah - the one from [name]Tea[/name] Children’s is the best. Though the ones you mentioned are cute!
That dress that I said is cute, but they didn’t have in her size (at [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson’s). I think we’re going to get it for [name]Alanna[/name]. :-D. I decided I’m probably not going to put the baby in a dress to come home in. Hubby and I said she’ll look just as cute in pants, and won’t have to deal with the tights and shoes - lol. I wouldn’t mind getting her a dress, if we knew she was definitely going to be home for [name]Christmas[/name].

And now my mom is chiming in. It’s so annoying. I showed her the outfits and she wants to buy them (the one for the baby, and the one for [name]Alanna[/name]). Which normally would be fine, BUT she likes to hold things over people’s heads. She’ll offer to buy something - we don’t even ask - but then at a later date, she’ll use it against us. For instance, she offered to buy [name]Jacob[/name] his uniforms for school last year (mind you, fall of 2008), and she still - to this day- says - ‘I bought them you know’. Ugh!!! it’s so any annoying. It’s like she goes out of her way to make sure EVERYONE knows what she bought for the kids, and won’t let us forget.

Oh, goodness, that’s ridiculous! But, I will say, my grandma still talks about outfits she bought for me when I was a baby - and how cute I was, and how many compliments people gave about the outfits. Maybe it is her sense of security in being a grandma - giving to her grandchildren (and children) so that people will know she cares. [name]Silly[/name], yes, but, in a way, sweet. I’d say to not let her buy these, though…

I love that you are getting the [name]Snow[/name] [name]Angel[/name] Sherpa dress for [name]Alanna[/name]! Great idea! Are you going to put her in some cute red tights with it, too? She is two, right? Does that mean you are going with [name]Tea[/name] Children’s for [name]Little[/name] Miss No-Name? Those were darling. That just leaves the question of what [name]Jacob[/name] will be wearing for the occasion! Haha

I still can’t get over that little red reindeer suit from [name]Land[/name] of Nod, although it looks slightly uncomfortable and a bit masculine. I think it is hilarious, and adorable! And, I still love that [name]Merry[/name] [name]Till[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] Sweater Dress - the one you said looked a bit plain - because it just has some cool, quaint, Swedish feel to me! Okay, don’t get me started on baby clothes anymore - too cute!

I figured maybe if she wanted to buy the outfits for [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] for [name]Christmas[/name], I MIGHT let her do that - especially b/c she is the one who wants them to dress up for [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] - (personally, I just don’t see the point of dressing in such nice clothes when it’s only me, the kids, hubby, my mom, and my grandfather for dinner). But absolutely not for the baby. Yes, red tights on [name]Alanna[/name] - that is IF she’ll let us put them on her. Yes, she is 2.

Ha! [name]Little[/name] Miss No Name. :wink: I’m really starting to think [name]Shayla[/name] is out b/c hubby can’t remember the name. He always says [name]Shyla[/name] or [name]Shaylee[/name], or even [name]Sariah[/name], but can never get [name]Shayla[/name] straight! I even asked him ‘is it [name]Shyla[/name] or [name]Shayla[/name]’ - he couldn’t give me an answer. I just have that feeling we’ll be going into the hospital with a short list.

I don’t know what we’ll get for the baby. I like the [name]Tea[/name] Children’s one, but hubby wants to see all of the ones I’ve picked out. Plus someone suggested going to the department stores b/c they have more of a holiday selection there.

If he can’t remember the name (especially one I thought he loved!), I think it should be gone…

I personally love it when kids dress up for [name]Christmas[/name], but I definitely see your point. And, toddlers and tights aren’t always a great mix. [name]Macy[/name]'s is a good option if you want something holiday-inspired. they have a lot of “[name]Baby[/name]'s First [name]Christmas[/name]” and holiday attire for children. Personally, I think the [name]Tea[/name] Children’s clothing are a bit more unique, and understated, but I think it is hilarious that your husband cares so much about baby’s outfit! So cute! :slight_smile:

I know! I think it should come off too - but I think he’s just keeping it on b/c it’s ‘his’ name. Where all the others I came up with and have really liked.

He does care about the outfit, but he also doesn’t want her coming home in a completely yuppie outfit. lol That’s why he’s so overly-interested in it.

Ha! What is a “yuppie” outfit by his definition?

Well, anything from [name]Ralph[/name] [name]Lauren[/name] would be. A lot of the stuff from [name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. [name]Just[/name] about anything plaid. Things that I would consider cute - he’d probably consider yuppie - like faux fur. Anything frilly and stuffy. He likes simple, but pretty. lol

I just decided I’m going to find a number generator online, have it automatically generate a number from 1 to 1000. Take the number to the SSA top 1000 list, and whatever name is at that number will be her name! lol

Ummm… I found one. It gave me the number 511 - name [name]Saniya[/name]. lol