(off topic) Looking for a 'homecoming' outfit.

Oh, bummer. I love [name]Ralph[/name] [name]Lauren[/name], but then again, I can be a bit of a prepster - not to mention it has my name in it! It is also rather expensive, though. I think it comes from my family - my sister’s style could be summed up as “country-club chic”. Ha! She loves her pinstripe and polos! I don’t think any of the [name]Tea[/name] outfits, or even some of the [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson ones, were really yuppie - my personal views are biased, though.

Oh, I liked that random number generator idea! Here’s one: http://www.random.org/. My name was #61 - [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name]. Not my personal favorites!

Ha! I checked out random.org too! I should try that one on hubby. lol

No, I think most of the ones from [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson and [name]Tea[/name]'s are cute, not really yuppie or preppy.

We are from middle class families - his was lower m.c. and mine was probably right in the middle of m.c. (growing up). We live in a lower to moderate m.c. neighborhood now. He’s a blue collar worker.
So when people said about [name]Rozlynn[/name] not being classy b/c of the Z spelling, that really didn’t bother us b/c we’re not ‘classy’ ppl. We’re used to seeing the [name]Jazmin[/name]'s and [name]Izabella[/name]'s, not to mention the oddball spellings - like [name]Yazmin[/name] (there is also a large hispanic population here), [name]Jasmeen[/name], [name]Jasmyn[/name], Jazminn, etc.
We’re not white trash (although one of my [name]BIL[/name]'s likes to call me that b/c I have quite a potty-mouth. What can I say? I’m a trucker’s wife! lol) - but kind of inbetween.

Ha! A potty-mouth is not indicative of white trash at all, [name]Raquel[/name], so I think your [name]BIL[/name] is wrong there. I think most people have secret potty-mouths…

I can understand that your husband wants to stay true to his roots or something, but I don’t see why choosing a name that looks like it belongs in a certain class (which I guess is what people said about [name]Rozlyn[/name]) is a good idea, either. I kind of feel like it gives people the wrong impression about people of lower middle class backgrounds, which is totally terrible but the truth. I don’t like names that identify people in that way, in the same way I don’t like names that identify with a particular race or generation. [name]Just[/name] my personal opinion! I mean, my dad grew up in a trailer park for some of his childhood, and apparently my mom’s family had to eat squirrel, but I don’t think that a name needs to say all that, because things can change. Certainly there is nothing wrong with any of that, though, and people should be proud of where they came from!

To get back to names, where did your random number land you on the SSA charts?

I don’t know why people change the spelling of names. Is it just to be different? Some spelling changes are fine with me, while others are just wrong.

As for the potty mouth thing - I know i’m not white trash b/c of a potty mouth - my [name]BIL[/name] just likes messing with me.

Oh - i guess you didn’t see the earlier post. i got number 511 - name [name]Saniya[/name]

I think it is because people think it will make their child stand out in a crowd, or it makes them feel more creative, I really don’t know…

I find it quite humorous how close your name, [name]Saniya[/name], is to [name]Sariah[/name]. :slight_smile:

Isn’t it odd how these posts always seem to be conversations between the two of us?

Lol - I thought you’d say that about the name. I was thinking it too.

Yeah - every once in a while some one chimes in, but for the most part, it’s you and me. I was thinking that the other day. lol

[name]Alas[/name], my computer has decided not to cooperate very well, so am off for now. I might be back on later :wink:

Lol - I’ve got to get my butt off here too for a bit. I need to get the kids settled down so I can watch my shows. :wink:
I may or may not be back on tonight, but will most likely be on again this wknd. :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] saw this @ Target. I don’t know if i want to put her in a dress, but it is just cute!

http://www.target.com/Newborn-Girls-Cherokee-Trim-Dress/dp/B002I09V14/ref=br_1_2?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=2233108011&node=2233108011&searchRank=pmrank&search[name]Page[/name]=1&searchSize=30&id=Newborn%20Girls%20Cherokee%20Trim%20Dress

Wow, that is great! But, it seems overtly [name]Christmas[/name] to me…

Some other options, if you are still looking, can be found at BabyGap. I really thought that the Pleated Corduroy Pants in Classic [name]Brown[/name] (Pants & Leggings) paired with the Nature Graphic Bodysuit in Milk (Bodysuits) would be adorable, especially with the [name]Cable[/name] Knit Cropped Cardigan in Russian [name]Red[/name] and a pair of Robeez T-Strap Shoes in [name]Brown[/name], or maybe some [name]Bright[/name] Ruffle Socks would be more appropriate. Here I go again making outfits! This might be too much everyday outfit, though…

I’ve been spending way too much time looking at baby clothes today, so I had to come check this thread. My mom called me today to say she had chosen a tag off of those Giving Tree things at church, and she had to by outfits for some 8-month-old twin girls! She wanted some help, and ended up finding some cute stuff at BabyGap - I think she enjoyed it, as it wasn’t around when I was a baby (or so she tells me).

Some other options, if you are still looking, can be found at BabyGap. I really thought that the Pleated Corduroy Pants in Classic [name]Brown[/name] (Pants & Leggings) paired with the Nature Graphic Bodysuit in Milk (Bodysuits) would be adorable, especially with the [name]Cable[/name] Knit Cropped Cardigan in Russian [name]Red[/name] and a pair of Robeez T-Strap Shoes in [name]Brown[/name], or maybe some [name]Bright[/name] Ruffle Socks would be more appropriate. Here I go again making outfits! This might be too much everyday outfit, though…

I’ve been spending way too much time looking at baby clothes today, so I had to come check this thread. My mom called me today to say she had chosen a tag off of those Giving Tree things at church, and she had to by outfits for some 8-month-old twin girls! She wanted some help, and ended up finding some cute stuff at BabyGap - I think she enjoyed it, as it wasn’t around when I was a baby (or so she tells me).[/quote]

Oh, I’m sure Gap was around when we were little - maybe not specifically BabyGap though. I remember wearing GAP sweatshirts when I was young.

[name]Baby[/name] clothes are so cute though! But you may be right about it being a little too Christmasy. I guess it would be nice if I knew she was definitely going to be home, but being that we don’t know, I’m not going to buy here a specific dress for [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] - besides, she’ll probably spit-up all over it w/in 5 minutes of having it on! lol

I’ve been spending way too much time looking at baby clothes today, so I had to come check this thread. My mom called me today to say she had chosen a tag off of those Giving Tree things at church, and she had to by outfits for some 8-month-old twin girls! She wanted some help, and ended up finding some cute stuff at BabyGap - I think she enjoyed it, as it wasn’t around when I was a baby (or so she tells me).[/quote]

Oh, I’m sure Gap was around when we were little - maybe not specifically BabyGap though. I remember wearing GAP sweatshirts when I was young.

[name]Baby[/name] clothes are so cute though! But you may be right about it being a little too Christmasy. I guess it would be nice if I knew she was definitely going to be home, but being that we don’t know, I’m not going to buy here a specific dress for [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name] - besides, she’ll probably spit-up all over it w/in 5 minutes of having it on! lol[/quote]

Oh, right! Gap was founded in 1969. Duh! I did a little research - yep, I’m a bit crazy - and babyGap was “born” in 1990.

You know, IF you could guarantee that she would be home, that little dress would look really cute with the Sherpa [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson dress you were thinking about for [name]Alanna[/name]. But, is it just me, or do newborns tend to look a little, I don’t know, awkward, in dresses? I’d personally stick to a one-piece or some pants and a cute top…

I was just going to say that your mom is probably just looking for excuses to shop at places like those. lol I know I would be!

Yeah - they probably look a little weird b/c they’re so unproportioned in size.

Another option! The Children’s Place (www.childrensplace.com) –> Newborn –> Plaid 'N [name]Dot[/name] Fashion Spot –> Spotlight on [name]Red[/name]…

This velour outfit is simple and classic for the holidays, and it looks really comfortable! Not to mention, it is incredibly cheap!

I saw this earlier today. It is cute - and cheap! I couldn’t believe how cheap their clothes are!

Yeah, I know! They must be having a holiday sale! You could practically dress the whole family for nothing…

Yeah, that would be nice! I’ve never bought their clothes - do you know if they are good quality?

Well, I wore them a bit when I was little, and they are obviously cheaper than other alternatives. Simply put, they are decent quality and should last, but they won’t be as “durable” as Gap or [name]Hanna[/name] Andersson, or some of the other more expensive brands. I’d say they are comparable to Old [name]Navy[/name] clothes, if you have bought them before…

[name]Raquel[/name],

I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to be out of town (away from my computer) until [name]Saturday[/name], just in case you post and I don’t respond.

Anyway, I think the Children’s Place clothes would serve their purpose very well, and the price is hard to beat. After all, your kids are young and will likely only fit in the outfits for one season, so if they don’t last, it isn’t a huge deal, right? They are good quality for the money.

I think that the outfit we talked about for [name]Baby[/name] (the white Embroidered Velour Top and red Velour Pants) is really cute and simple. Perfect for a newborn. For [name]Alanna[/name], if you wanted to get her something, they have a really nice [name]Velvet[/name] Jumper in the [name]Baby[/name] Girls - Festive [name]Red[/name] Fashions section, for only $10.49! It comes in 24 months and 3T, depending on her size. They pair it with a [name]Lace[/name] Trimmed Turtleneck, but online is sold out of anything her size (18 months is the biggest left). They do have a [name]Bow[/name]-Trim Bodysuit in her size, though! I don’t know if she still is okay with wearing bodysuits now that she is a “big girl”. They’ve got a cute plaid shirt for [name]Jacob[/name], which you could pair with some khakis or black pants. I can’t seem to find the red vest they pair with the shirt anywhere, but maybe (1) he has one, (2) he doesn’t need to wear one, or (3) your husband would classify a sweater vest as yuppie!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you I won’t be on until [name]Saturday[/name], and I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

[name]Lauren[/name] :slight_smile:

I won’t be on much for the next couple days either. Yesterday I had that infusion, today lots and lots of shopping for Thanksgiving, and maybe more shopping on Friday! Oh fun (i HATE shopping, lol)! Plus getting all the [name]Christmas[/name] decorations out and up… busy, busy, busy!

I’m probably not going to be buying many holiday clothes for [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] - my mom wants to buy them each something for [name]Christmas[/name], which is fine since she insists they dress up for all of 5 people. And I bought a ton of holiday clothes on clearance last year so they could wear them this year at other family parties. (I got really cute jumper from [name]Janie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] that I bought for around $15.oo for [name]Alanna[/name].)

Well, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving too! I’ll probably be having withdrawls from not being on the computer! lol