Officially TTC!

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!
I just had written an insanely long post, and for some reason had to re-login when I hit “post” … after which my post was GONE! I’m going to just summarize what I just wrote in the hopes that doesn’t happen again!!!

I’ve posted a few hypothetical questions in the past, but we are officially TTC now!!! Boys names are easy for us … our top three favorites are: [name]Jack[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name].

For girls my hubby likes:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] (not so much anymore b/c of popularity, but two years ago this was THE name for both of us …)
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name]

I don’t know what his taste is …

I think we both prefer classic, names that will age well with our child.

I like:
[name]Clara[/name] (he doesn’t
[name]Charlotte[/name] (could talk him into this one)
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] (he doesn’t)
[name]Juliet[/name] (we both like)
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] (I love this, but worry abt. pronunciation issues and I don’t think I could sell this one to him)
[name]Ivy[/name] (love this … don’t know what he would think)
[name]Amelia[/name] (an ex-girlfriend of my hubby … I never knew her …)
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] (both like)
[name]Isobel[/name] (middle only)

We both want [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Kate[/name] (to honor my sister) for a middle and aren’t opposed to two middle names.

We are so excited to be starting a family and can’t wait to hear any creative suggestions you may have on names we may agree on, names we like, name combinations and any other advice on TTC! Our last name is [name]Bauer[/name] if that helps!

Thank you thank you in advance!

Eliza9 :o)

Ooooo, you have some REALLY great names here! Of your list, the only one I don’t like is [name]Cadence[/name]. I don’t love [name]Sage[/name] or [name]Colette[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] (also because its such a weird name to pronounce). The rest are gorgeous… my favorites being [name]Rosalie[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] THIS! a good combo would [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] :slight_smile: ) and [name]Juliet[/name]! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Caroline[/name] - I love [name]Caroline[/name]! I think it’s the ultimate classic, elegant yet laid-back, and it just rolls off the tongue. I think [name]Charlie[/name] would be out for a future child if you used [name]Caroline[/name], as they have the same origin, so it would be a matter of deciding which you prefer. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] doesn’t sound great due to all of the repeating sounds, but [name]Caroline[/name] (another middle name) [name]Kate[/name] would be good, in my opinion. There are a couple of other nice [name]Katherine[/name] variations out there which you might like to honour your sister - perhaps [name]Caitlin[/name] (popular), [name]Catrin[/name] or [name]Katinka[/name]?

[name]Ella[/name] - a sweet, soft choice. I think a name with the nn [name]Ella[/name] could get you around the popularity issue, as well as providing [name]Ella[/name] with a little more grounding. Some names which could nn to [name]Ella[/name] :
[name]Eleanor/name - popular
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]/a
[name]Annabel[/name] (popular)
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]/a.

[name]Natalia[/name] - I just can’t get on board with this one … I’m sorry, it just seems bland to me! Maybe you would both like [name]Rosalia[/name] - as you like [name]Rosalie[/name], and he likes [name]Natalia[/name].

[name]Cadence[/name] - slightly trendy compared to some of your other lovely choices. He might like [name]Cassandra[/name]?

[name]Clara[/name] - simple yet elegant, it’s pity he doesn’t like this one. You might like [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Cara[/name] (could be a nn for [name]Caroline[/name], too), [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] - a classic. I personally adore the nn [name]Lottie[/name] - sweet vintage perfection. As with [name]Caroline[/name], it would nix [name]Charlie[/name] for a future child, though …

[name]Maeve[/name] - very pretty.

[name]Colette[/name] - sweet. As you seem to like -t ending sounds, you might also like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], as well as the less popular [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Cosette[/name] and Lulette.

[name]Elodie[/name] - oh, this is already on your list! Such a pretty name, and could give the nn [name]Ella[/name] that you both like.

[name]Rosalie[/name] - a pity he doesn’t like it, but then you should beware the Twilight phenomenon and the currently popular -lie ending in case it suddenly jumps in popularity, anyway. Oh, you might like [name]Rosette[/name]/a, as you seem to like the [name]Rose[/name] sound and the T ending!

[name]Juliet[/name] - stunning.

[name]Lucy[/name] - I personally don’t think this ages all that well, but it is a sweet name, and pretty on a little girl. Longer versions [name]Lucille[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name] might age better, in my opinion.

[name]Imogen[/name] - I can’t really comment on pronunciation issues as this is a fairly popular choice here in [name]Britain[/name].

[name]Ivy[/name] - I love [name]Ivy[/name]! It is so much fun, pretty and spunky.

[name]Amelia[/name] - lovely, but oh so popular. Perhaps the floral [name]Camelia[/name] takes your fancy instead?

[name]Sage[/name] - spunky and interesting, if a little masculine. I think this would work well in the middle - you might like [name]Blythe[/name], too.

[name]Isobel[/name] - beautiful, and the popularity doesn’t matter in the middle.

Names which jump to mind that you might like include [name]Molly[/name], [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], although be careful with the last two as they are very popular here in [name]Britain[/name], and might rise similarly in the US, especially [name]Alice[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a few experimental combinations :
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] “[name]Ella[/name]”
[name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Rosette[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Elsa[/name] was the first thing that came to my mind for you as a replacement for [name]Ella[/name] :slight_smile:

You have lots of lovely names there though, my favs being:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]

If I had to pick a top 3 I’d probably go with:

[name]Imogen[/name] (I personally don’t get the pronounciation issues with this name, maybe because it’s well used here in the UK - IM-uh-jun)
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

Best of luck and congrats on your decision! :slight_smile:

Of your boy’s names I like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name].

Of your girls names I like:

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name] (though not too many other berries will like this name)
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]

Here’s some suggestions if you are open to them, good luck!:

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Anette[/name]
[name]Antoinette[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] - I love these! I like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] best with your last name. (Athough, isn’t [name]Jack[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] from the TV show “24”?)

For girls:
[name]Caroline[/name]–my favorite with your last name, AND because both of you like it! [name]How[/name] about [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

[name]Charlotte[/name] K/[name]Catherine[/name] would be nice!

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]–pretty!

You and I have a very similar naming style! :slight_smile:

I love your boys’ names, especially [name]Jack[/name]. That’s been a favorite of mine for years. Although with your last name, that would make him [name]Jack[/name] [name]Bauer[/name], the name of the main character from the ridiculously popular American TV show 24. But maybe you’re either not in [name]America[/name], or that doesn’t bother you. :wink:

My favorites of your girls’ names are [name]Colette[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Elodie[/name]. My husband and I are considering the first two as well. These names are so sweet, classic, and beautiful - they produce no pronunciation issues, she won’t be one of five in her class, and they’ll age perfectly with her.

thoughts on the others:
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - two timeless beauties, although the flow could be better

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it!

[name]Natalia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - I like it, but not quite as much as the others.

[name]Cadence[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - I have never been a fan of this one because it’s hard for me to imagine a 35-year-old [name]Cadence[/name]. Plus, it sounds syrupy sweet to me for some reason. And the other names on your list flow much better with your last name and the middle name you’ve chosen.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - Same as [name]Natalia[/name]”I like it, but I think you have other lovelier choices on your list. For me, this name will forever be stuck in the 1800s, even though I love a lot of other names from that time period.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - beautiful classic, reminds me of many of the other names on your list like [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]. The possibilities for excellent sib sets from your list are endless!

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - not a fan, even though many Berries are. This just doesn’t sound feminine or pretty to me at all. And again, the others on your list flower better with your last name.

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - just lovely – simple yet unexpected

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - I. [name]Love[/name]. This. [name]How[/name] cute is that?!

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - I can’t get on board with this name. Like [name]Maeve[/name], I don’t think this is nearly as top-notch as your other selections. It also makes me think of Aunt [name]Imogen[/name] from [name]Tim[/name] [name]Burton[/name]'s [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland.

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - beautiful!

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - Since [name]Amelia[/name] has been steadily crawling up the popularity chart, I might go with a different one. But if popularity doesn’t bother you, it’s a real contender!

[name]Sage[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name] - nice, but I like others on your list better

Here are some fn/mn combos I came up with from your list:
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Sage[/name] [name]Bauer[/name]

You have a GREAT list here, Eliza9!

~[name]Frances[/name]

Okay, I really like a lot of your names!
Instead of posting an insanely long list, I am going to suggest you look up “your long list…” on nameberry, I think it is a new topic.
A lot of the names on there are similar to your style.

I hope that helps!

[name]Isabel[/name]

P.S. [name]Eliza[/name] is one of my favorite names!

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses!!! My hubby and I both love the name [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! I like [name]Isobel[/name], since my full name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] … I think it would be a nice way to connect my name to my child’s name. We both love the suggestion of [name]Rosalia[/name] (I think [name]Auburn[/name] this was your idea). The only question I have is … am I pronouncing it correctly? [name]Rose[/name]-ahl-yah? Great constructive feedback! Any more suggestions would be great - I can’t wait till I can actually post that the little person is on the way!!! Thank you all again!

Eliza9

I would pronounce [name]Rosalia[/name] like [name]Rose[/name]-uh-leah.
I still [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! [name]Just[/name] precious! I’m glad NB was able to help!