Oh boy

Hubby and I are expecting our first child, an unknown for know, though i think baby will be a girl and we have a girls name; my mother is certain baby will be a boy and nixed our initial choice, [name]Liev[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]. Now, had it been anyone else i wouldnt have thought anythign of this, but my mom is very headstrong in her ways and knows how to ‘ruin’ a name. She said she would call him 'Leave it!" all the time :frowning: sigh Made mistake number 1 by breaking the dont tell your parents your name choice. She tried to tear apart our girls name, [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but the love for that name stood through “Are you giving birth to an 80 year old?”. Well, we wont find out the sex until late late [name]December[/name] at 15 weeks (gotta love the 3d/4d sonograms!), i really want to figure it our before hand.

The troubling part is my husband hates* all boys name. I honestly think this stems form his pure want for a daughter first, not a son. Which is horrible, and extremely difficult, but i want to find a name that we both agree on. This is getting harder and harder by the day, as he has absolutly no ‘style’, he liked [name]Liev[/name] and [name]Jack[/name], and thinks [name]Benjamin[/name] is OK, but hates [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]. Likes the name [name]Eames[/name]. Is ok with [name]Leonardo[/name]… ??? [name]How[/name] do i even suggest names?

Literally the only name we can agree on it [name]Jack[/name]. But we want [name]Nathaniel[/name] as a middle name, as it is my husbands middle name, and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] sounds like [name]Jack[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] to me… And im not all that crazy about [name]Jack[/name], i really like it sometimes, but others i just cannot imagine.And the popularity really bugs me too. So maybe you wonderful berries could help create a list, of what you think would be good suggestions to my hubby.

Here are some names I personally really like:
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name] (unusable)
[name]Mark[/name] (but not [name]Marcus[/name])
[name]Jude[/name] (got him to agree, but i backed out. I cannot picture a baby [name]Jude[/name])
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name] (unusable)
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Sloan[/name]
[name]Perseus[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]/[name]Lewis[/name]

Now my personal problem with most of my own names, is that i cannot imagine them on babies. I am not a huge fan ov nicknames for boys, yet, i feel like a name with absolutly no nickname availablity is a big no-no. sigh I guess im a bit of a problem too, i jsut know this would be easier with my husbands…help i guess?

I have suggested alot of names to him, but am always willing to suggest some more and even the same ones if i have valid reasons.
Thanks so much and sorry its so long!

[name]EDIT[/name]*
To clarify, most of my favorite names, i hate the nicknames. Like i love [name]Robert[/name], but i A. Cannot picture a bbay [name]Robert[/name] and B. Im not crazy about [name]Robbie[/name]/y. Same with [name]Tobias[/name], not a fan of [name]Toby[/name].

And to add on to [name]Mark[/name], i am really loving this name. But I dont know that it is quite ready for a come back yet. I have a very hard time with a baby [name]Mark[/name]. Not so much [name]Marky[/name] or [name]Marky[/name] [name]Mark[/name] (haha [name]Mark[/name] Wahlberg is my first thought here though) so childish nicknames.

Uhh why are boys name so hard? And like no fun?

So you don’t like nicknames…I would suggest choosing a name that’s nickname proof like a some one and two syllable names.
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Ned[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Keir[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Lorne[/name]

So, from your post, I’m taking it your criteria is:

• A name that works well on a baby and an adult
  • A name with no obvious/common nickname
  • Goes with [name]Nathaniel[/name] as a middle name
  • Goes with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a sibset (if you’re planning to have more kids)

As suggested by mischa:
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Keir[/name]

Also:
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Jarvis[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] ([name]Lou[/name]-ee)
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Reilly[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]