Oh God. Hubbys Pick

[name]Striker[/name]. At first he said Stryker and i talked him out of that. What do you think of [name]Striker[/name]?

Also what about [name]Melbourne[/name] for a middle name? Not for striker just in general?

hmmm. It brings to mind [name]Star[/name] Trek: The Next Generation, and fistfights in grade school. Also, in some sports/games to strike means to lose (he may be well regarded in the bowling world, however). I am not trying to be harsh, but these are things that come immediately to mind. That being said, I like the masculinity of the harder “t”, “k” sounds…maybe you could work off of that? [name]Melbourne[/name] could be pretty cool…

I would offer suggestions, but my brain is frazzled at the moment…I will post again.

No i dont mind you being harsh. I dont like it at all. Mostly because i used to be a total wwe nerd and there was a wrestler names matt striker and it brings upon negative feelings to me for some reason. I really like the name [name]Heath[/name] (other post) and even though its a common name, i really like [name]Jack[/name], [name]Cain[/name], [name]Troy[/name] and [name]Dane[/name]. But he vetoed all of those. I think the biggest problem i have is that [name]Striker[/name] doesnt fit at all with our names. [name]Summer[/name], [name]Kiele[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Anniston[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Pierce[/name], [name]Bridget[/name]. [name]Striker[/name] doesnt fit in. at all. He says the name he wants is [name]Striker[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]. Im a little lost at what to say. haha

[name]Do[/name] you have children with all of those names? Yes, [name]Striker[/name] doesn’t fit at all and is incredibly fierce sounding, but not in a good way in my opinion. It sounds violent, albeit very masculine. I prefer [name]Heath[/name] or [name]Heathcliff[/name], personally.

We plan on children with those names. We dont have any children right now, we are currently trying to get pregnant with our first. But i like to have details down and i [name]LOVE[/name] names so i plan things like this. But to me [name]Striker[/name] sounds scary. But i dont want to offend my husband by saying no but it just down fit. And it doesnt just not fit in a whole if we only have 3 other children and [name]Striker[/name] no matter what names we chose [name]Striker[/name] wont fit. I really wanna persuade for [name]Heath[/name], but he seems adamant and this is only the 3rd name he has actually suggested. I actually thought he was messing with me at first making fun of how he felt about the names i like.

This sounds like [name]Melbourne[/name] Cup fever. Did he have a punt on the [name]Melbourne[/name] Cup yesterday?

[name]Striker[/name] is an absolute no go zone!

I think it was [name]Lord[/name] [name]Melbourne[/name] that the city of [name]Melbourne[/name] was named after, as first name it is a bit out there but in the middle no problem.

I am deeply disturbed by [name]Striker[/name]. It sets my teeth on edge.

Thank you! I am deffinalty trying to let it down easy but i HATE this name. haha

i won! he gave it up! yay! :slight_smile: but still says no to heath:( and jack cause apparently jack is a dog name. like bailey is a dog name.

[name]Do[/name] you like one-syllable names? Some you may like instead of [name]Heath[/name], since hubby nixed it, are [name]Birch[/name], [name]Boone[/name], [name]Booth[/name], [name]Brent[/name], [name]Brooks[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Clem[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Gage[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Hayes[/name], [name]Knox[/name], [name]Peers[/name], [name]Penn[/name], [name]Perth[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Slade[/name], [name]Vaughn[/name], [name]West[/name], and [name]Yale[/name].

Also, you might like Strider/Stryder better. Still sounds masculine, but not violent or harsh.

If [name]Jack[/name] is a dog’s name, then I think [name]Striker[/name] is a piranha’s name. Or maybe a rattler’s name. On the other hand, I think [name]Jack[/name] is a very handsome and manly name.

What about (I’m thinking of a cross between [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Striker[/name] to make you both happy) - these names which all sound kind of macho except for [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Stellan[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]?
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Cabot[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Destry[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name], a nn for [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Leonard[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

[name]Even[/name] more macho:
[name]Bruno[/name] - love!
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Rex[/name], but this really sounds like a dog’s name.
[name]Rider[/name]
[name]Serge[/name], a nn for [name]Sergio[/name]
[name]Victor[/name] - love
[name]Viggo[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] - love
[name]Vito[/name]

Devinjes, you make me laugh with your Australian city name craze! Now I have heard you talk about [name]Melbourne[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Mackay[/name]!
And I have seen you mention [name]Heath[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] which are also very Australian to me! That being said, I like [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] and once I got past the surprise of [name]Melbourne[/name] I can see its appeal also. I can’t really come on board with [name]Mackay[/name] but I am clouded by personal negative experience with that place…

Good luck :slight_smile:

I wasnt sure about [name]Mackay[/name]. Thats why i asked. But to me, i dont like it very much, and if it was a name i think it would be a girl name. haha. but yea when i was a little girl i always wanted to go to austrialia and donate alot of money for charitys and the australia zoo and i have always wanted to go there. And funny enough i didnt know [name]Adelaide[/name] was a australian city! lol up until like a week ago! lol and with melbourne i was trying to think of one more name i could squeeze in that would honor something special to me, and [name]Melbourne[/name] came to mind because [name]Melbourne[/name] and [name]Sydney[/name] were always the places i wanted to go really bad. At first it seemed a little awkward to me, then i said it more and started to like it so i asked on here. i still really like it but like heath (which i started liking while heath ledger was alive when i first heard his name, then was amplified as i am a HUGE batman fan and the dark knight and the joker was my favorite villian in all the comic books). So yea i do have a real connection to Australian names but not on purpose but on purpose at the same time. haha. Im glad it makes people laugh though:) Haha hope that was informative:)

Sweetie. I wouldn’t stress about it too much. You’re not pregnant yet - and I’m sure by the time you get pregnant and the within the 9 mo wait for the baby you’ll be able to come up with a different name that you both love. He likes Stiker now - just let him have it then. If he keeps bringing it up, just say I’ll consider it, and leave it at that. There is no sense in arguing or getting upset about it.
Good luck!

[name]Striker[/name] just makes me think soccer/football, and while I am a fan I’d have to say no. [name]Just[/name] no.

I think [name]Melbourne[/name] could work as a mn with the right first name.

Yeah, thank God he let go of [name]Striker[/name]. Not good. Personally, I like [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Parker[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name]. That’s just me, though. Right now, you shouldn’t stress too much. Focus on getting pregnant, then worry about the name! (Although I understand being a pre-planner!)

There’s a great list on here of names dads like more than moms. There might be a good compromise on there! Good luck!