Oh. My. God.

I saw this on a website and had to share with the 'berries. I think it may have been posted a few months ago but I haven’t seen it recently, so here it goes.

“Ariandreaunalyn Kieryn-Krystelle- I had my first baby a few months ago and wanted to name her something really different, I also have a very short last name so I wanted a really long first name to go with it, so I came up with the name Ariandreaunalyn. The middle name I chose because I love the name Kieryn but it didn’t sound right with Ariandreaunalyn so I added the Krystelle to Kieryn to get a good flow. I spelled Kieryn and Krystelle with Ys because I think the names look really cool and different that way. (Ariandreaunalyn pronounced [name]Air[/name]-ee-awn-dree-awe-na-lin, Kieryn pronounced Kee-ere-in)”

WHY???

That’s a mess.

• [name]Lexi[/name]

A hot mess.

That is seriously awful. I can’t even get my tongue around that first name. It is way too long and clunky. I feel really sorry for this little girl having to grow up with such a name.

I actually saw that post years ago when we were in the process of naming our youngest daughter (who’s 3 now). Funny that you’ve mentioned it here, because I had a random flashback of that name earlier today, so I found the site it’s on just so I could read that again! Weird coincidence I guess.

It’s a beautiful name, obviously. :wink:

Oh goodness. I believe that most of these children will end up having children named [name]Jane[/name] or [name]James[/name] because they wouldn’t want to traumatize their children they way they are traumatized.
Can you imagine a kindergarten child trying to spell that out on their homework? Or even pronouncing it?
I am usually all for naming your child what you will… but this just seems kind of cruel!

Oh. My. God.

I second that.

I can’t pronounce that name any other way but syllable by syllable. It’s a tongue twister.

I cant even say the name!

I’m pretty sure I’ve got the pronunciation worked out now. It’s HID-EE-US.

Was she on drugs?? Why did no one stop her?? This woman was obviously seriously unhinged. Words cannot describe how sorry I feel for that poor, doomed child.

• anon.

What are you guys talking about? I think that is a beautiful, unique yet still classy and elegant name, and I would love to have it myself! <333333

Gag. Oh, I cannot believe I allowed myself to type that…

That poor baby girl. She’ll never be able to spell her own name. Heck, I can’t even remember what her name is, and I just left the page saying what it was a minute ago. All I remember is that it was absurd in as many ways as it had syllables.

I bet the poor girl’s going to beg to get her name changed sometime before the third grade, to something monosyllabic and easy to spell, like [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Kate[/name]. Or maybe she’ll love her name and love spelling it and love fitting it into the provided name blocks on the fronts of standardized tests!

PS: this girl will never be able to find her name on a key-chain, and when she complains, the mother has no right to feel guilty.

I really hope that someone just made that up just to mess with ppl. [name]How[/name] could someone be so incredibly dumb?!?!?!

[name]How[/name] can you guys be sure you aren’t being punked? This is THE NET.

Jeez, when I started school at 5 I was a great reader but I couldn’t write my name ([name]Kimberly[/name]) and had to go with [name]Kim[/name] for a few months til I learnt to spell it. [name]How[/name] long is it going to take this kid! Seriously, if this is true, I feel sorry for this kid, and maybe even the mother.

That’s not a name, it’s a bunch of syllables strung together. Poor kid. More importantly, why do people insist on pronouncing [name]Kieran[/name] wrong? One of the girls at work had a daughter a year ago and named her [name]Kieran[/name] - pronouned Key air in, and it annoys her when people pronounce it wrong. I just want to say to her, “Shenekia (shuh nee kuh), I love you, but YOU’RE pronouncing it wrong.”

[name]Alexis[/name]

I hate to crap on this lady’s waffle, but my god, that is a horrid name. The first name sounds like the first, middle, and last name said really fast so it all runs together.
The first name had two sections to me: Ariandrea- and -aunalyn. It’s like the mother tried to combine [name]Adrianna[/name] and [name]Ariadne[/name] but with little success. The second half of this astoundingly long first name sounds like [name]Ana[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]. The spelling is not really phonetic, even, how will this poor child ever learn to spell it!

The middle names are… just as bad. [name]Kieran[/name], spelled properly, is a boy’s name. Adding a y instead of an i does not make it a girl’s name. Why couldn’t she have used [name]Ceira[/name] or [name]Keira[/name]? And Krystelle? Oh my. Sounds like a stripper name that’s trying to sound like [name]Cristal[/name] the wine.

This probably sounds so mean, but really?? This poor little girl is cursed with the name Ariandreaunalyn Kieryn-Krystelle… [name]May[/name] the fates pity her.

Aaaahhhh!!!

I respect this mothers creativity… but she went REALLLy (X100) too far! Poor child for the fatc the no ones going to eb able to pron her name, hardly anyoen will like it and its looks fake-y. [name]Lucky[/name] child becauses she’s original… unless she turns out to be someoen who lieks to blend… :S

Maybe when the girl comes of legal age she’ll change her name to [name]Arianne[/name]

Yeah, she’ll definitely be changing it ASAP. Maybe [name]Aria[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]?