OK Berries honest opinion on this baby's name

Only a few days old and his name is [name]Kaidan[/name] [name]Jay[/name].

rollo

Another [name]Kaidan[/name]. eye roll

Not a fan of [name]Kaidan[/name] but [name]Jay[/name] is alright. Are you considering changing the name? [name]Keiran[/name] is nice and sort of similar sounding

It’s not my baby, but I have to say I did the nameberry cringe when I heard it.

The foremost word that comes to mind in regards to this combo for me is “uninspired.” It’s just bland, but in a bad way? Something like [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] would still seem bland to me, but not in a bad way. [name]Kaidan[/name] [name]Jay[/name] just does absolutely nothing for me. Insubstantial and trendy.

Honestly? I would assume the parents are bogans.

Not a fan.
[name]Kaidan[/name] because it’s a made up aiden name and [name]Jay[/name] because it’s more of a nickname. They could have improved it by making the middle [name]James[/name]. [name]Aiden[/name] [name]James[/name] is quite nice.

Dull and, as nono said, uninspiring.

Besides others’ points it sounds a lot like [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Jay[/name] in my accent.

Dislike :frowning:

Ditto the dislike. The parents didn’t do a very good job of naming their child for reasons others have stated above.

I am not a fan of the [name]Kaiden[/name]/[name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]/[name]Cayden[/name] trend. I hear some variation on the theme everytime I’m somewhere with little kids. Apparently a lot of ppl like them enough to use them? Meh.

It looks like everyone thinks that this child’s name is pronounced like the Cadens/Jadens etc but it is in fact said like [name]Kai[/name]/[name]Ky[/name], slight difference but I bet the child has a lifetime of correcting people unless he just goes by [name]Kai[/name].

Aha! That explains the spelling. I was thinking of saying that if you’re giving points for creativity, [name]Kaidan[/name] is one “[name]Kayden[/name]” spelling I had not yet seen. (No, I’m NOT a fan of the [name]Aiden[/name]-name craze.) I too was assuming it was pronounced “[name]KAY[/name]-den.” I’d advise the boy to go by [name]Kai[/name]; I understand it’s a bit trendy right now, but it’s fresh-sounding and pleasant, and I think the pronunciation is established.