Ok, down to 4 names, 2 weeks to go, would LOVE your vote!

[name]Oliver[/name] (do not love nn [name]Ollie[/name]), [name]Anderson[/name] (nn [name]Anders[/name]- not [name]Andy[/name]), [name]Colin[/name] or [name]Thayer[/name]. Last name is Scottish, 2 syllabol “Mc-” name. [name]Sister[/name]'s name is [name]Avery[/name]. Not concerned with matching style of name with sister (unisex, surname), because we want more of a true boy’s name for our son-- but should sound good together. Want a handsome, masculine, classy sounding boy name that will age well. [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Colin[/name] have the same populaity rating, but [name]Colin[/name] tends to be more common where we live. [name]Thayer[/name] is a family name but we think it sounds too “lispy”. Thank you for your advice-- I really appreciate it!

[name]Do[/name] you want us to choose from the four names or suggest other names?

I vote [name]Anderson[/name]. I like it the most anyway, but also all the other names seem to have drawbacks for you whereas [name]Anderson[/name] nn [name]Anders[/name] is just perfect.

yes, vote on the four i listed and explained, thanks!

thanks-- i did not even notice that – the drawbacks. lol. u r right :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Anderson[/name] nn [name]Anders[/name]. Have you thought about using [name]Anders[/name] on its own?

[name]Anders[/name]

I like [name]Anders[/name]

[name]Anders[/name] I love this name and I wouldn’t bother making it [name]Anderson[/name] at all. It sounds much more handsome as [name]Anders[/name].

[name]Anderson[/name]/[name]Anders[/name]

My vote is with [name]Oliver[/name]…sounds classy but not stuffy and I think it would go well with Mc… Congratulations and good luck!

I like [name]Anderson[/name] but like [name]Oliver[/name] a little better. Good luck choosing! :slight_smile:

[name]Anderson[/name], definitely. [name]Love[/name] it! Good luck!

Actually, I like [name]Colin[/name] best but [name]Anderson[/name] is nice, too. I would stick to that though and just use “[name]Anders[/name]” as a nick name since it literaly means “different” in [name]German[/name] and Dutch (which might sometime be a disadvantage)…

i prefer [name]Colin[/name] too. I love Scottish surnames and especially like to see them paired with Scottish forenames. [name]Colin[/name] is English, but of your list seems to me to go best with your surname.

[name]Oliver[/name] is nice, but three syllable names are often eventually shortened, whether the parents intend that or not, and I don’t care for [name]Ollie[/name].

[name]Anderson[/name] Mc____ would be the best match with your daughter’s name (both surnames beginning with A).

[name]Thayer[/name] is unusual and meaningful to you, but I don’t think it pronounces well with Mc_____

Thanks for your good advice. FYI [name]Anderson[/name] is also Scottish (the largest clan!)