OK I have re-structured the LIST!

Sorry, I know I have posted 100 times but time is really running low and we still have no name set in stone.
Here is the new list:
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love but afraid to popular) [name]Brown[/name]
Copeland [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure of the double C’s) [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love the name but hate that it ends in “on”) [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (DH does not love) [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Bay[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure last name goes with it) [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (again not sure I like with last name) [name]Brown[/name]

[name]Will[/name] be joining brothers [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Declan[/name] & Krew, wanted something that didn’t leave Krew out since he is the only one that does not end in “an”. We are open to suggestions if you think something else will flow better. Thx so much.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is lovely, and honestly, [name]Isla[/name] is the only one of your fn’s that I really like. Lately I have been coming around to [name]Wren[/name], but I think [name]Wren[/name] [name]Brown[/name] (when said without the middle name) sounds little abrupt and so [name]Isla[/name] [name]Brown[/name] flows better for me. [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Brown[/name] seem a bit mismatched with your surname, and Copeland, [name]Lennon[/name] and [name]Greer[/name] are too unisex for my tastes. [name]Lennon[/name] and [name]Greer[/name] flow perfectly well with your surname, it’s just my personal preference. :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] is by far my favourite. I don’t think it’s too popular at the moment either. I can see it becoming popular soon, though, so if that does bother you then it might not be the best choice as your other names are more unusual. Good luck. :slight_smile:

[name]Steph[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- Though [name]Isla[/name] is rising in popularity, it isn’t anywhere near the Top 10 or 20 so it isn’t too popular yet. I love that [name]Isla[/name] is definitely feminine, which is important with four older brothers.

Copeland [name]Cecelia[/name]- I’m not a fan of Copeland, sorry! :frowning: It sounds very masculine to me and not much of a baby’s name…

[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- Again, [name]Lennon[/name] sounds masculine (and also brings to mind [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] above all else) and that may not be the best with older brothers.

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- I like [name]Wren[/name] and it works in your sibset. However, it also ends in ‘n’…

[name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- I know [name]Greer[/name] is a Nameberry favorite but I can’t get past the hard ‘ee’ sound sandwhiched between to 'r’s. It sounds rough and awkward to me, so not one of my favorites.

[name]Bay[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- [name]Bay[/name] is interesting and could work but [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t ideal…

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]- [name]Blythe[/name] is a great, vintage name and it’s cool, if a bit more classic, with your boys’ names.

My favorites, in order, are [name]Isla[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Wren[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name]-It is getting MORE popular, but I it’s not all over the place. I really like this one the best with your last name and with your boys’ names. It sounds like a lovely, girly little sister of 4 boys!
Copeland-I just really don’t like the sound. It’s too unisex with your boys’ names. If I heard your sibset and knew one was a girl, I would assume [name]Rowan[/name] was the sister and Copeland was a brother.
[name]Lennon[/name]-See above, though I like it better than Copeland.
[name]Wren[/name]-This is super-cute with all your other names, though it’s not perfect with [name]Brown[/name].
[name]Greer[/name]-I am one who likes [name]Greer[/name], thinks it sounds feminine, and thinks it works with your set.
[name]Bay[/name]-This isn’t my favorite, but I think it works. [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t too cutesy for me.
[name]Blythe[/name]-I love this name, but something about it doesn’t flow with your other names. I think the PP was right that is may be TOO classic for your set.

1. [name]Isla[/name]
  2. [name]Wren[/name] or [name]Greer[/name]
  3. [name]Bay[/name]

With four brothers I would avoid unisex names and, like you said, I would try to avoid “n” names so Krew doesn’t feel left out.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love but afraid to popular) [name]Brown[/name] - I don’t think this is too popular. It’s pretty and feminine and it’s gotten to the point where it’s recognizable but it’s not insanely popular. It’s only in the 300s and I don’t see it in the top 10 ever, and I doubt it will break top 100 anytime soon. It did jump a lot last year but I think that was due to celeb associations, and those don’t usually last very long. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] flows beautiful and [name]Isla[/name] has the same Gaelic flavor as your other names, without ending in N. Perfect!

Copeland [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure of the double C’s) [name]Brown[/name] - I’m not a fan of Copeland, especially on a girl. It sounds very masculine to me. It also doesn’t seem to fit with your boys names.

[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love the name but hate that it ends in “on”) [name]Brown[/name] - I like [name]Lennon[/name] on a boy. I don’t love it on a girl. It does end in N (and is two syllables like your other N-ending names), which works against it and also with brothers [name]Aiden[/name] [name]Declan[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and Krew I would definitely think [name]Lennon[/name] was a boy.

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - I really love the name [name]Wren[/name] but [name]Wren[/name] [name]Brown[/name] really doesn’t flow well to me. They are both one syllable and end in N. I know that’s being kind of picky but it’s important to factor in flow.

[name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (DH does not love) [name]Brown[/name] - I like this a lot. [name]Greer[/name] is unisex but is mostly associated with girls now that celebs have used it on girls. [name]Greer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] flows nicely despite the 1-1 fn/ln flow. If you can get your DH to love it, I would say go with this name, it’s not too popular and its not too girly with your boys names but I think most would think that [name]Greer[/name] is a girl.

[name]Bay[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure last name goes with it) [name]Brown[/name] - [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] sounds like the inverted name of a place ([name]Brown[/name] [name]Bay[/name]). [name]Bay[/name] is cute but I would also avoid wordy names with Krew. Not my favorite on your list.

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (again not sure I like with last name) [name]Brown[/name] - I actually like [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. I think it’s spunky and cool. I love that it doesn’t end in N and it’s not super girly but still feminine and strong. If you’re worried about the popularity of [name]Isla[/name] and your DH won’t go for [name]Greer[/name], then I say choose this!

My favorites are [name]Isla[/name], [name]Greer[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] (in that order). [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Wren[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are my favorites from your list but I have to agree that [name]Wren[/name] [name]Brown[/name] does not flow well. :frowning:
[name]Greer[/name] is lovely as well . [name]Greer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] pairs nicely.
So [name]Isla[/name] [name]Brown[/name] and [name]Greer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] get my votes . good luck!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love but afraid to popular) [name]Brown[/name]- [name]Isla[/name] is not that popular yet. [name]Ive[/name] only ever heard it on this board. I think [name]Isla[/name] goes well with your boys names.
Copeland [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure of the double C’s) [name]Brown[/name]- I dont care for Copeland, it just isnt very pretty imho.
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (love the name but hate that it ends in “on”) [name]Brown[/name]- [name]Lennon[/name] seems very masculine imo.
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name]- [name]Wren[/name] is just okay, kinda dull imo.
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (DH does not love) [name]Brown[/name]- Well if DH doesnt love it then it should be taken out of consideration. Thats a bummer because [name]Greer[/name] is really cute.
[name]Bay[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (not sure last name goes with it) [name]Brown[/name]- [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] does not have good flow. What about using [name]Bay[/name] as a nn? Maybe [name]Bellamy[/name] “[name]Bay[/name]”?
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] (again not sure I like with last name) [name]Brown[/name]- [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is a little hard to say as well.

MY favorite is by far [name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name].

I agree with the majority that [name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] is the best choice. Great combo!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - [name]Isla[/name] is my favorite from your list. To me, it’s the most feminine one, and it also works wonderfully with her brothers’ names. The name only ranks #346 in the US, so I don’t consider it too common. On the other hand, it’s getting trendier and gaining popularity ([name]Isla[/name] went up 273 spots from '08 to '09…), but at least it isn’t in the Top 10 yet…
Copeland [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - The double Cs don’t really bother me, since they make different sounds, and the name does flow well. However, I don’t really like Copeland, especially on a girl, and I think that a more feminine name would work best next to [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Declan[/name], and Krew…
[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - For me, [name]Lennon[/name] is too masculine for a girl - I might assume that [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Declan[/name], Krew, and [name]Lennon[/name] were brothers. Sorry! I would personally avoid names that end in N, too, so that Krew isn’t left out.
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - [name]Wren[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t exactly ideal, in my opinion, because both names have one syllable and the N ending…
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - [name]Greer[/name] isn’t my favorite, but it isn’t terrible. If your husband doesn’t agree to it, though, this is definitely out! Also, this probably sounds weird, but “[name]Greer[/name]” looks a lot like “green,” so [name]Greer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] seems very color-y to me. That’s probably just me, though!
[name]Bay[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - I agree, [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] does not have the best flow, but I do like [name]Leah[/name]'s idea of using [name]Bay[/name] as a nickname…
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Brown[/name] - [name]Even[/name] though [name]Bay[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t my favorite, I think that [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Brown[/name] could actually work.

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, for some reason i just really can’t let go of Copeland (i feel like it is similar to [name]Greer[/name] without the popularity). I do love [name]Isla[/name] but i really fear that it will become popular over the next couple of years. I guess i just want something that is unique but also a really cool name. DH said [name]Greer[/name] is growing on him and he likes both Copeland and [name]Isla[/name].
So i guess our top 3 are (in no order):
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
Copeland
Out of [name]Greer[/name] and Copeland which do you prefer? Why?
Thx

If it is out of [name]Greer[/name] and Copeland I much prefer [name]Greer[/name]. Copeland just doesn’t sound like a first name to me and the sound isn’t very pretty or appealing.

[name]Greer[/name] fits in very nicely with your sibset. [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Declan[/name], Krew, and [name]Greer[/name] is much better than [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Declan[/name], Krew, and Copeland.

You could always combine [name]Isla[/name] and Copeland and name her Island. Yes it’s a word name, but not too outlandish.

I prefer [name]Greer[/name]. It is unusual, has the androgynous feel that you like, but has a slightly glamourous side, a la [name]Greer[/name] [name]Garson[/name], and will age quite well. [name]Greer[/name] could be a doctor or Miss [name]America[/name].
I guess I just don’t really understand Copeland. Is there some family connection to this name or is it just a surname that you happen to like? It feels rather arbitrary, like it could just as easily be Copely or [name]Courtland[/name]. It seems…rootless. And Copeland just doesn’t have an attractive sound to me. The innevitable “Cope” or “Copey” nn also deters me.

I think [name]Greer[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] is a gorgeous name that works perfectly with your sibset.

Although I really like [name]Greer[/name], husband is not on board with using it. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] is still leading but I really feel it is to popular for what we are looking for. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Piper[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] sounds good? Is [name]Piper[/name] becoming as popular as [name]Isla[/name] is? I really don’t know how to describe what we are looking for, I think kind of rocker punk-ish if that makes sense. I know everyone thinks we should use a girly name but I’m just not a girly type and with 4 brothers i don’t think she will be either. I liked the suggestion of [name]Ramsey[/name] that someone posted on another post. Less than 2 weeks left, do you think we should still use [name]Isla[/name] or maybe go with [name]Piper[/name] or completely change it up. Sorry for the novel just really not set on [name]Isla[/name]. Thx again.

I’m sure you’ve already thought of this but what do you think about switching it up and making [name]Cecelia[/name] the first name since you both seem to like it? [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] [name]Brown[/name], [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Greer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] even [name]Cecelia[/name] Copeland [name]Brown[/name] all seem to have a nice flow. I admit I’m biased as my oldest daughter is named [name]Cecilia[/name] (traditional spelling) so obviously I love it!