Ok, it's REAL now, I am having a third!! HELP!!

Ok, so I have 2 sons [name]Owen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and while I have “thought” about what I would potentially name a third, I really did not think I would be having one:-) Well turns out I am!! I do not know the gender and while I hope for a girl I am stumped on a boy name. For girls I still love my original choice of [name]Lily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] but I worry it is too popular now to use. My other ideas are [name]Isla[/name], [name]Esme[/name], maybe [name]Lila[/name]? I don’t have to stick to 4 letter and it is just a coincidence but everyone in my family has a 4 letter name or nickname. For boys I have thought about [name]Kai[/name], [name]Tate[/name],[name]Sawyer[/name], maybe [name]Liam[/name] or [name]Lane[/name], but I really don’t feel anything is right yet. I would love a nice strong name that has a Celtic vibe and compliments with [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]! Middle will be family which is probably [name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Augustus[/name]- which brings to my last question, the baby is due in [name]August[/name], is it cheesy to use [name]August[/name] as a middle name? It was my grandfathers. THANKS BERRIES!!!

[name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] are both Welsh in origin so [name]Kai[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Lane[/name] are all kind of jarring. [name]Liam[/name] is Irish so at least is Celtic. [name]How[/name] about [name]David[/name]? It’s the name of the patron saint of [name]Wales[/name]. Other common male Welsh names are [name]Gwyn[/name], [name]Ieuan[/name] ([name]Ewan[/name]), [name]Griffith[/name] (phonetic spelling of [Gruffydd] Griffid, Gryffid, Gryffyd), [name]Iago[/name] and [name]Hugh[/name].

Yes, I know…none if my other boy ideas really fit with [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]. Actually [name]Rhys[/name] was going to be [name]Reese[/name] and then I discovered the [name]Rhys[/name] spelling and that is was Welsh etc. but really the fact they both have Welsh names is just a coincidence. I don’t think it HAS to be a Welsh name but along the Celtic feel as least. I am just stuck. [name]David[/name] is just not my style. What about the girl names? [name]Lily[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Esme[/name] are my top names. Thoughts? I love [name]Carys[/name] but my name is [name]Cara[/name] and my last name begings with a C as well so I think [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] are too close!

I think [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] sound good. [name]Sawyer[/name] just feels different and [name]Tate[/name] has always felt like an incomplete name to me (I think b/c I’ve only known folks named [name]Tatum[/name], not [name]Tate[/name]). Not a fan of the name [name]Lane[/name].

Using [name]August[/name] is not AT ALL cheesy - it’s perfect since it is doubly appropriate being the birth month and a family name.

[name]Kai[/name] [name]August[/name] – like alot I like [name]Kai[/name] [name]August[/name] a lot.
[name]Liam[/name] [name]August[/name] – like [name]Liam[/name], but doesn’t flow with [name]August[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name] [name]August[/name] – ??

Suggestions:
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Devin[/name] / [name]Devlin[/name]***
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Neil[/name] / [name]Neal[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Keenan[/name]
[name]Eric[/name] / [name]Erik[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]

As for girl’s names, stick with [name]Lily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t let popularity sway you if you really love the name. [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] are both lovely as well though so you can’t really go wrong with any of them.

Thanks so much - I really want to use [name]August[/name] or [name]Augustus[/name] as the middle for a boy, as my grandfather’s middle was [name]Augustus[/name] and my other boys have family middles as well. I really like the suggestion of [name]Quinn[/name]! I think I am between [name]Lily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] for a girl. I like [name]Esme[/name] very much but I think it has a different style then [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]?

[name]Quinn[/name] [name]August[/name]?
[name]Kai[/name] [name]August[/name]?

[name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] are lovely together. I think [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] has better flow than [name]Quinn[/name] [name]August[/name]. [name]Kai[/name] [name]August[/name] is ok but I’ve always felt that it was more of an Hawaiian name than Celtic. Although some of my numerous baby name books mention a Celtic connection, most of them only have the Hawaiian meaning “sea or ocean”. [name]Kai[/name] just doesn’t have the same Celtic feel for me as [name]Quinn[/name] does. Good luck!

I agree: [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is better.

[name]Kai[/name] isn’t Celtic but I still think it works well with [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]. What about [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Kai[/name], goes by [name]Kai[/name]?

how about [name]Gareth[/name] [name]August[/name] for a boy?

I like [name]Lily[/name] best of your girls names :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the feedback! We have always said [name]Lily[/name] for a girl and [name]Katherine[/name] is a family name on both sides. We actually have even talked about trying for “a [name]Lily[/name]” when we talked about trying for a third baby. It has become uber popular so I am thinking about using [name]Isla[/name] instead, which I adore too, but I feel like I almost have to go with [name]Lily[/name], it has been talked about so long!

Boys- I like [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] but does that sound like it is trying to be regal? I like [name]Kai[/name] a lot, but I agree it doesnt have the same Celtic sound to me like [name]Quinn[/name] - also my last name begins with a [name]Ca[/name] and the same sound as [name]Kai[/name] so I think it may be too sing songy. [name]Kai[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] works well and I like that combo. I have also thought about using [name]August[/name] as the first name but does it sound too soft with [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Owen[/name]? I feel like [name]Quinn[/name] sounds stronger. I also just found [name]Egan[/name] - [name]Egan[/name] [name]August[/name]?

Although [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]August[/name] would be ok, I do feel that [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] looks and sounds better. [name]Augustus[/name] would be a great way to honour your grandfather. Besides, only close family and friends would know your son’s middle name anyway so I wouldn’t worry too much about the meaning. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being “majestic”. Dignity is a good quality and the world certainly could use more of it.

Re: [name]Egan[/name] is very similar in sound to [name]Owen[/name] so personally I wouldn’t choose it.

I agree, [name]Egan[/name] is like [name]Owen[/name]. What about [name]Cade[/name]? [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], and [name]Cade[/name]? I really do like [name]Quinn[/name]. My husband has a cousin - a girl, named [name]Quinn[/name]…I don’t really think it matters and while it is a unisex name to ME it sounds boy:-) I also like [name]Calix[/name], but how does that go with [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name]?

I love [name]Cade[/name]. I knew a [name]Cade[/name] from high school - only one I have ever met. It’s one of those great names that you rarely meet, and yet it absolutely does not raise eyebrows (people have heard it before) and has a super straightforward pronunciation. I [name]LOVE[/name] those kind of names (I feel I got one of those for my daughter [name]Petra[/name]).

Would the [name]Ca[/name] sound be too much with your last name? Similar to your issues with [name]Kai[/name]?

I get what you are saying with [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] – it might be getting a little too royal (read: bordering pretentious?). What about [name]Quincy[/name] [name]August[/name], nickname [name]Quinn[/name]? Added bonus that [name]Quincy[/name] is definitely a boy’s name.

And I really don’t think you have to worry about sticking with a Celtic theme. Honestly, I never thought of [name]Owen[/name] as an overly Celtic name (the way [name]Cormac[/name] or [name]Declan[/name] is so very Irish) and [name]Rhys[/name] only seems Celtic due to it’s spelling – [name]Reece[/name] seems British. Those are just my uninformed impressions. Blatant continued lobbying for [name]Kai[/name] lol.

I hadn’t realized how popular [name]Lily[/name] is until I just checked the SSN Names list. [name]Isla[/name] is going to skyrocket up the list (not appearing in 2007, 619 in 2008 and 346 in 2009), but I was surprised [name]Esme[/name] wasn’t on there. Guaranteed it’s going to follow a similar path as [name]Isla[/name]. I love [name]Lily[/name] and it does sound as if that’s already “her” name, but I understand your hesitation. I’m afraid I can’t help you since you need to decide how much weight popularity carries for you. I mean, it’s popular b/c many many people think it is a beautiful name, and you will always be able to bring her home little personalized key chains and snow globes and mugs from the airport when you travel. Lol - don’t underestimate how awesome that is for a kid! She can always go by [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Kat[/name] if she wants later in life (both [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] are falling in popularity and will become more and more unique as she gets older).

Good luck – can’t wait to hear what you decide!

Moxielove- Thanks for your advice and comments!!

Ok - like [name]Quincy[/name]! [name]How[/name] do these sound to you?

[name]Cade[/name] [name]August[/name] Canale
[name]Kai[/name] [name]August[/name] Canale

Does the aliteration work or not? My name also begins with a Ka but I kind of like the combo. I appreciate your comment that they aren’t overly “Celtic” as we really didn’t plan that.

If we go with [name]Lily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - her initals will be maiden initals reversed. I really do like [name]Isla[/name] too. I don’t mind popular, I do mind trendy though. I don’t want her name to be a name of the decade like names of the 70’s and 80’s. Is [name]Isla[/name] trendy?