Ok ladies....this Dad needs your help !

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there ladies! My wife has posted and gotten some great feedback on our soon to be sons name. We are naming him [name_u]Luca[/name_u], and are seriously considering [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], which got a lot of positive responses. Now, this soon to be nervous dad needs your opinions on my true favorite name, [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m]. We have an Italian surname, and I am religious which makes the name special to me. Can I please get some honest opinions on [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] ? Thanks ladies and I appreciate each and every opinion !

I love [name_u]Luca[/name_u]! But, I really dislike [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m]. I think it sounds too feminine as I think of [name_f]Christina[/name_f], [name_f]Christiana[/name_f], and [name_f]Christianne[/name_f]. I’m sorry, I know it means a lot to you. But, [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] just seems to be a lot better. I think it flows better with [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and adds more character and strength to the name.

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] has a great sound to it. It sounds like a movie stars name. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] because I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], but [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] sounds great too. [name_m]How[/name_m] does your wife feel about [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m]?

If your last name is the G@ttuso, I actually think [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] G@ttuso flows better than [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] G@ttuso–these names sound too alike.

I absolutely [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and I’m so excited you chose it for your little boy! Both [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] are wonderful names; I don’t think you could go wrong with either. The only thing about [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] is that the c’s are quite close to each other which makes the sound a little repetitive, but it’s not that bad compared to other names (ie. Jack Cameron) but if it doesn’t bother you, just ignore that I even mentioned it! I like that [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] has religious significance for you. I do have to say, though, that [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] has a really nice ring to it. The way the syllables fall makes it really smooth to say and nice to hear. Since [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] is a Spanish/Italian version of [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], you could draw that as a Biblical connection also.

Best of luck as you decide! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] is my favourite, it seems more handsome and old fashioned than [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], which to me sounds more trendy
I’d say g for it, especially as it has that extra significance to you