Ok last poll...down to these two baby names......

Which name do you like best:

[name]Micaela[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]

[name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]

I like both…hesitating on [name]Maia[/name] because this is my counsin’s daughter name?
I like [name]Micaela[/name] too, however, I find on the on the forums most people seem to think it’s too trendy but I see it as a classic. Prefer this international spelling vs. [name]North[/name] American spelling.

Opinions please…Thank you (5 more weeks before she’s here !!) Need to make a decision soon

Well since [name]Maia[/name] is already in the family I would go with [name]Micaela[/name]. But if you [name]TRULY[/name] are set on [name]Maia[/name] then name her that.

I love [name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] that is beautiful!

I named my child after a cousin they were of course different generations so that was a great idea imho but not sure about using it if the child is roughly the same age as your baby.

I’m not too sure of how you are pronouncing [name]Maia[/name] …is it [name]May[/name]-A ? If so, I really like [name]Micaela[/name] much more. I don’t think it’s too trendy at all. [name]Micaela[/name] [name]Alesandra[/name] is beautiful!

I like [name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] better. If you like it a lot you could choose a different spelling: [name]Maya[/name]/[name]Maja[/name].

I think [name]Micaela[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] is much prettier. I have to admit, I do prefer it spelled [name]Michaela[/name], but either way, I think it’s a beautiful, classic name. Plus, with [name]Maia[/name] being in the family already, I think [name]Micaela[/name] is a better choice.

I much prefer [name]Maia[/name], but if it is already in the family that could be a bit strange…do you see your cousin and family often? If so, I would go with [name]Micaela[/name], otherwise [name]Maia[/name] gets my vote!

I think [name]Micaela[/name] is wonderful! And actually I love this spelling - I don’t see it as trendy at all.

I like [name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] so much more, personally. Although I would love to see [name]Mia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name], I think [name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name] is gorgeous and I think the shorter [name]Maia[/name] really balances out the longer, frilly, elegant [name]Alessandra[/name].

Good luck!

I like both [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Micaela[/name]… I guess it depends how often you see your cousin and her kids. I see my cousin and her daughters a couple times a month if I can so I’d never use a name she used, but she used the same name as a second cousin or something of ours, but we only see that cousin once every 8 years or so, so it doesn’t matter.
I personally prefer [name]Maia[/name], but depending on the relationship, I could easily advocate [name]Micaela[/name].
[name]Alessandra[/name] is a GORGEOUS name, by the way! [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]/ [name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] is one of my favourite combos (obviously can’t use it though, haha)

[name]Maia[/name] gets my vote. [name]Amya[/name] is a very nice alternative as well.

I love [name]Micaela[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name], very pretty

My vote is for [name]Maia[/name], although the cousin’s daughter thing gives me pause. [name]Do[/name] you see them often? If not, I don’t think it’s a big deal.

I really don’t like [name]Micaela[/name]. There are a billion of them out there, with all the spellings: [name]Michaela[/name], [name]Micaela[/name], [name]Mikaela[/name], [name]McKayla[/name], [name]Mackayla[/name], M’[name]Kayla[/name]… they all blend in to one unmemorable clump.

[name]Micaela[/name] is just too overdone for me to ever use it in any spelling no matter how much I like it. That said, you should do what you want. [name]Flip[/name] a coin and while the coin is in the air you’ll know which you like best because you’ll be rooting for one. That usually works.

I vote for [name]Maia[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]. It’s beautiful.

[name]Both[/name] names are so pretty! I would go for [name]Micaela[/name] since [name]Maia[/name] is already in the family. It would just be kind of akward, because its not even a grandparent, or parent, e.t.c. Ths is my favorite spelling of [name]Micaela[/name], and it has a beautiful meaning!

I would say [name]Micaela[/name]. I don’t think it is too trendy or popular at all. I know only a very Micaelas (only one that spells it like this) and they are all at least 16 and older. If [name]Maia[/name] is already in the family don’t use it. You wouldn’t want your cousin thinking you “stole” her daughter’s name and it would be confusing any time the girls were together.

I love [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]! I used to love Dr. [name]Quinn[/name], Medicine Woman, and the main character’s name is [name]Michaela[/name]. I think [name]Makayla[/name] is more of a trendy spelling, but the name is lovely and I vastly prefer the [name]Michaela[/name] spelling. (She will get multiple different guesses, but I love the name so much that it wouldn’t bother me.) I do like [name]Maya[/name], but prefer the y over the i. But I don’t think the i is bad though, it’s more personal preference. With [name]Maia[/name], I think it depends on how often you see your cousin. There are 2 [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]'s (6 and 7) in my family (both are the oldest of 2 siblings). The 7 year old has a 6 younger brother named [name]Joshua[/name] nn [name]Josh[/name]. The 6 year old has a 3 year old brother named [name]Stephen[/name]. [name]Stephen[/name] was almost a [name]Joshua[/name], until it was pointed out the another cousin already had a [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Joshua[/name]. [name]Joshua[/name] was immediately nixed! Other than that, they live in different states and have never even met each other. [name]Maia[/name] could potentially work.

My vote goes to [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]. :slight_smile: