Ok, So I Got Bored with Ethan...

And came up with [name]Pheonix[/name]. Shockingly enough, my boyfriend actually likes it! (Note: not expecting anytime soon, but I like to let my mind wander and play around with names).

So, our original name if we ever have a son was [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Jay[/name]. We liked [name]Ethan[/name] because it had a clean sound and thought it was nice, but after a while it started to make me yawn. So now our combo is [name]Pheonix[/name] [name]Jay[/name] (the mn honors my boyfriend).

What I’d like advice on is the nn for [name]Pheonix[/name]. We wouldn’t want our son to be called [name]Nick[/name]/[name]Nic[/name] because of several negative associations. I thought Pheo sounded cute. The only question is the spelling.

[name]Do[/name] you think it should be [name]Fio[/name] or Pheo?

PS Any other nn suggestions are welcomed :slight_smile:

I think you’re spelling “[name]Phoenix[/name]” wrong. I like it a lot. I don’t think you need a nickname for it. It’s only two syllables long, and it’s not too much of a “grown up” name that you need to cute it up for a child.

Oops. I did spell it wrong. Thanks for pointing it out =)

First of all, I don’t think [name]Phoenix[/name] needs a nn since its only 2 syllables. But the obvious nn for me when I see [name]Phoenix[/name] [name]Jay[/name] is PJ.

I kind of like [name]Nix[/name]–is that too close to [name]Nick[/name]? I agree with pp that it’s not really necessary with this name that is easy to say

You guys are right. [name]Phoenix[/name] is easy to say and doesn’t require a nn. I just got to thinking about it and started wondering what was out there.

I don’t like initials as names at all.

[name]Phoenix[/name] the obvious nn would surely be [name]Fee[/name], and then the teasing [name]Fee[/name] Fo Fi Fum I smell the blood of and Englishman!