Oka?

Thoughts on Oka.
I saw it somewhere and love it. Could also be spelt Okah?

1 Like

I like it!

I feel like someone I follow on Instagram has an Oka. I quite like it!

Oka feels fresh and cool. I quite like it

It’s lovely. I also like it spelt like the colour, [name_u]Ochre[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Personally reminds me too much of okra the vegetable or okay but I can see the appeal generally. I think Okah is maybe a better spelling but feels a bit feminine… hmmm I would much prefer [name_u]Oak[/name_u] for a boy.

I’ve never seen it before, but I agree it looks too close to okra. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know the origin of it?

I have seen Oakah before, which I like better then Oka. Oakah feels more natural and substantial. I do think Okah could work too.

I prefer this spelling or [name_u]Oak[/name_u] (nn for [name_u]Oakley[/name_u])

I’m not familiar with this name. What culture is it from? [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was that it looks like “okay” without the Y.

1 Like

Short and sweet, although not my taste (I like longer names and I’m not really into O sounds so it never had a chance with me I’m afraid). What’s the background?

Oka is Japanese; there is a character named Oka in a popular Japanese simulator.

I don’t mind it. I like the suggestion of [name_u]Ochre[/name_u], but [name_u]Ochre[/name_u] is pronounced oh-kur and Oka is pronounced oh-KUH

Oka means “cherry blossom” and is of Japanese origin

1 Like

Ah, thank you! In many [name_f]English[/name_f] (UK) accents Oka and ochre are PN the same :grin:

1 Like

I’m Canadian and in 1990 there was a famous land dispute in a small village called Oka, [name_m]Quebec[/name_m], that is referred to widely as the “Oka crisis”… so I personally would stay away from the name for that reason. (The other thing Oka, QC is known for is great cheese, so it’s not all negative connotations!)