Okay. Jane Elspeth Ivy or Jane Catherine Ivy?

Which do you like?

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is a family name but I’m not terribly close to the person. Although shes a very good friend and is a strong independet woman, do you think thats okay?

[name]Catherine[/name] is the name of a deceased great-grandmother whom my mom was very close to. She practicly raised my mother and it made my mom very sad when she passed. I don’t remember much of her but I remember I loved spending time with her and she too was a strong woman.

[name]Jane[/name] is for [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] and the beautiful (and very kind) Miss [name]Jane[/name] [name]Bennet[/name] from Pride and Prejudice.

[name]Ivy[/name] is my favorite plant.

Sorry I keep asking all these questions! Thanks once again!

I vote [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] as you seem closer to the [name]Catherine[/name] family connection. Actually I like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] as well.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. Beautiful!

is [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] Better?

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] because of the stronger connection, although I do adore [name]Elspeth[/name]!

Personally, I prefer the flow of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] rather than [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] the most, but [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is fun and kind of quirky. I love quirky!

Another vote for [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], which I think is amazing! (I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is pretty, too, but when I say it out loud, I hear [name]Jay[/name] Nivy [name]Catherine[/name].)

I love the name [name]Elspeth[/name], but I think a longer middle name, at least three syllables long, is needed for the flow.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks evreryone!

Another idea I had.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

[name]Magnolia[/name] because I used to sit under a big magnolia tree at my great-grandmother’s house with my kitten all the time!

WDYT?

[name]Magnolia[/name] is absolutely gorgeous, but the flow of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is a little off-sounding to me … it’s all the ‘n’ and ‘g’ sounds …

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] has better flow, although then, of course, you lose the beautiful classic [name]Jane[/name] as the fn … but you could use the nn [name]Nola[/name], which I adore.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is beautiful! I absolutely love it! [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is nice, but not as good as [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. I like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] a LOT too. Hmm, that’s a really tough choice!

I prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. I prefer [name]Catherine[/name] to [name]Elspeth[/name], and I feel it just flows better. Plus [name]Catherine[/name] seems to have more meaning for you. I love [name]Jane[/name] - it’s such a strong and beautiful name.

I was surprised to see this question, as my daughter has the name [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] picked out if her baby due in [name]Jan[/name]. is a girl. [name]Jane[/name] is her sister’s middle name and [name]Catherine[/name] is a family name too. I love the name [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] associations with both names. So of course, I’m in favor of your [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

Truthfully, I feel as though [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] get”s prettier as the seconds go by, especially after reading all of the good and true words spoken about it. Very pretty. I adore [name]Elspeth[/name], too, however, and I must say it”s gorgeous ” though, I think I”ll have to say I am in favor of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], as far as those two go. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is also a purely stunning name, or so I think. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] has a neat and lovely sound to it, I agree with that, so I”ll tell you this now; I truly like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] both, [name]Elspeth[/name] also being beautiful though I feel the other two have stronger connections, as many have mentioned about [name]Catherine[/name]. All very beautiful names, though ^^

.x Spiderweb.

Thank you very much Spiderweb :wink:

I vote for [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] too based on flow. [name]Love[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] as well.

And [name]Magnolia[/name] is great – I also used to play under a big magnolia tree at my grandmother’s house!

Also, I have a [name]Jane[/name] who is six, and we have yet to run into another one! I think its such a wonderful underused name.

I think [name]Jane[/name] is beautiful! Such a classic. I’ve always loved [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] flows beautifully and is gorgeous.

My vote is for [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. :slight_smile: It’s so beautiful!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is adorable too, but I agree with whoever suggested [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…it just flows better. My sister goes by her mn instead of her first name, so I think it’d be fine to still call her [name]Jane[/name].

Definitely voting for [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]! Although I know a little girl who was just recently named [name]Elspeth[/name] (they call her [name]Ellie[/name]), I’m personally not a fan. To me it sounds like someone pronouncing [name]Elizabeth[/name] incorrectly or, this might sound bad, but with a lisp. Plus I think it would be something that she might have to say, “No, not [name]Elizabeth[/name], it’s [name]Elspeth[/name].” I too prefer the flow of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. Either way she’ll be gorgeous and have a very special name that you took a lot of time to pick for her. Congrats!