Okay, one more....what about Rex?

…after my (now deceased) Grandpa…

[name]Rex[/name] [name]Harper[/name] Z*****man (middle name is set)

DH thinks people will think of a dog - I say those times are long over. I think kids will think it’s really cool (T-[name]Rex[/name]!) and adults will like the vintage feel…what do you think??
I am due in 4 days and we can only really agree on one name so far…

[name]Jude[/name] *I love, he dislikes
[name]Levi[/name] *I love, he hates
[name]Grady[/name] *He loves, I don’t
[name]Orion[/name] *He loves, I like, but does not go with our name
[name]Wyatt[/name] *He likes, it doesn’t grab me
[name]Jakob[/name] *we both like, but so common :frowning:

I’m guessing your name is Zimmerman, so my vote would be for [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] Zimmerman or [name]Grady[/name] [name]Harper[/name] Zimmerman, I like [name]Grady[/name] the best though. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Rex[/name], but maybe because the only one I know stole thousands of dollars from people. [name]Levi[/name] reminds me of the jean company and based on where I live, I always associate it with a redneck farmer (no offense intended, that just happens to be the character of all the [name]Levi[/name]'s I’ve encountered). I think [name]Orion[/name] [name]Harper[/name] Zimmerman actually sounds good, but with both ending in ‘n’ I can see why you might not think they work well. Not a fan of [name]Wyatt[/name], but it doesn’t go nicely with your last name, and [name]Jakob[/name], well as you said, is awfully common.

You may have delivered already as I think you posted this Friday, but [name]Rex[/name] is on our list of boy’s names. I think it is very strong, unique and do not think it’s a dog’s name. I think older generations will associate it with a dog’s name, especially our parents generation because there were a lot of dogs named [name]Rex[/name] in the 50’s & 60’s - but before that it was a man’s name and a good one at that!
I hope to hear from you in a few days about your choice.

Sorry, I’m with your husband on this one. I hear [name]Rex[/name] and think dog, right off.

Another “no” vote for [name]Rex[/name] (sorry)

Thanks for being honest. I do like the name - but it really didn’t pass the out-loud test…"[name]Rex[/name]…[name]Rex[/name]…[name]REX[/name]…[name]REX[/name]!"…at least not for me.

I love [name]Jude[/name] the most. [name]Jude[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name] is really handsome. [name]Rex[/name] is cool though.

sorry i say no to [name]Rex[/name] as well… like [name]Grady[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] a lot! Good luck!

I think that [name]Jakob[/name] Zimmerman would be fantastic. I love the nn of [name]Jake[/name] too!

I know it is popular but if that is the only problem and you still loved the name then I would go with it.

A couple more suggestions

[name]Emmanuel[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Jordan[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Eli[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Levi[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Jonathan[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Asher[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Ari[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Paul[/name] Zimmerman
[name]Nicholas[/name] Zimmerman

[name]Max[/name] makes me think dog name, but [name]Rex[/name] does not. I like it. All of your name choices are great. [name]Jakob[/name] is a handsome name and I am not bothered by boy’s names that are common. I prefer the spelling [name]Jacob[/name]. It seems like the best choice if you both like it. I also like [name]Wyatt[/name]. I have been hearing a lot of talk about the name [name]Jude[/name] and know of one newborn with the name. I think it’s going to be very popular soon.

My name’s [name]Gaby[/name] and round about the time I was a teenager it seemed every other person I met would tell me they had a dog called [name]Gaby[/name] (and they all seemed to be labradors!). I don’t know if it was some kind of 90s dog naming trend! But it didn’t bother me in the least. Our family dogs have unusual names, so I have to admit it gave me some satisfaction meeting a [name]Marcus[/name] and being able to say the same thing to him!

I would have thought “dog” for [name]Rex[/name], but with [name]Max[/name] being so popular I think it’s ready for renovation. I think when people meet a person called [name]Rex[/name] they are not always going to associate them with dogs - that impression will quickly be erased by their personality. I know you’ve decided against it, but I suspect I’ll be suggesting [name]Rex[/name] to friends who like [name]Max[/name] in future!