Okay this is silly!

Okay this is silly but i absolutely love [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] and or [name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] as a middle name for a boy or a girl (i know weird huh?!) But i was wondering if it was okay to use? IDK really i just like it as a middle name lol.

[name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] is actually supercool as a middle, [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is a big big no for me, that’s not even in my own religion but it’s undeniable how strong that association it, despite even me loving the sound of it. Maybe [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]?

2 Likes

Not silly at all, [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is actually a nice sounding name and [name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] is lovely too!

It’s usability however, is a matter of opinion/taste/legality

I wouldn’t use it for the obvious association to satan

As mentioned above there are alternatives

[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]

[name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] is a pretty middle name. I think [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is too much, even in the middle spot.
Maybe [name_f]Venus[/name_f]? Its nickname is the “morning star”.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate association with [name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] is the vegetarian food brand. Maybe not totally unusable but it is kind of weird to me.

5 Likes

[name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is not okay to use but [name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] is okay.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do Lucifer, but Morningstar is nice!

2 Likes

I like both.

I’d avoid [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]. It sounds great, and the original meaning (“bringing light”) is lovely, but because it’s become a synonym for Satan it’s definitely a no go.
[name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] would make a nice middle though.

I like both as a middle name. I’m not religious, and where I live (UK) isn’t a religious country so [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is fine for me. But I like the show [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] so :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

[name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] would make such a cool middle!! So stunning and interesting!!

I do like the sounds of [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] but it does sound like you’re making a statement

I agree with others. Both super cool sounding names but despite being more “out there”, [name_f]Morningstar[/name_f] feels like the safer option due to the obvious devil connection.

I don’t think [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is completely unusable in the middle name slot, as long as your country’s naming laws allow it, but I do think it has the potential to cause issues for the bearer (your child) later in life so on those grounds I’d never recommend using it.

You might like Calcifer, [name_m]Astrophel[/name_m], Northstar or [name_u]Evenstar[/name_u]?

morningstar is an epic name.

you know, i used to subscribe to the idea that lucifer and lilith were bad bad names, but honestly, i’m in the fanclub now, of the names are the characters.