Old Lady or Modern Twist?

I’m in love with delicate, old lady names. I’m having a hard time deciding which is my favorite and which one is too “old”. I am also a fan of unique baby girl names with a modern twist. I attached my list below! Should I stick with the oldies or something different? Let me know your favorites!

Old Lady:
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] (not in love)
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] (my husband hates it, but I love it bc [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f])
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] nn [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] (my family isn’t a fan! I think it’s adorable)
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] (my great grandmother’s name)
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] (my great grandmother from my father’s side) (love her name but she apparently wasn’t particularly nice)
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (love as a middle name)
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_u]Unique[/name_u]:
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] nn [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (favorite travel destination)
[name_u]Rebel[/name_u]
English (very unique! I love it, but I’m an English teacher so this might be a stretch)
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] (Irish) (family isn’t a fan of the name)
Maxly (inspired by Stranger Things)
Brilliance
[name_m]Israel[/name_m] (I love place names)
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]

Thanks in advance for your help! My two favorites are Vera and Birdie. I’m also up for suggestions-maybe a mix of them both!

I like [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f], and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] the most.

I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but it’s super popular.

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] is my faaaaavorite, but not hubs sadly.
I also like [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. And my favorite place name is [name_f]India[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Indi[/name_f], which I sadly cannot use becausewith my last name baby girl would be In decline. Lol.

My favorites are [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]!

If [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] are your favorites, I’d stick to the old lady names over modern…but to paraphrase that ancient commercial, why not both? I think pairing old lady names with modern oddities could make for some fun combos. Something like [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] or [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] would sound great.

I love [name_f]Vera[/name_f]! [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is really pretty too.

I love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I think the nickname [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] is adorable, but I’d use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a full name for that; I’m not fond of [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]

My favorites are [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. (And [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] but not if you don’t love it.) I’m also a fan of [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], but Maxly looks a little clumsy to me. I’m not a big fan of the word/place names unless they are already established as names. In the middle would be OK.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

Thank you all for your suggestions! I’m loving all the names with [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] as a mn.

I like [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]~

From your list, I like:
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - I know an adorable [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] nn [name_m]Iggy[/name_m]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] nn [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_m]Israel[/name_m] - I like this one more for a boy
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]

You might like:
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] / [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

My favorites are [name_f]Vera[/name_f] & [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], but would caution against using a name you’re not in love with! I love the suggestion of [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] (and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]). [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is pretty, too, though I see it as neither modern nor old lady-ish. The suggestions by @auntie_a are great- I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Elora[/name_f], and [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]. So lacy/classy/distinctive/downright lovely!

My favorites are [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] (not heard often, and love the meaning joyous) and [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]. I also adore [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] but it is awfully popular in the UK, so I’d never use it.

I am currently loving a lot of ‘eu’ names perhaps you will like:
[name_f]Eunice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]

[name_m]Iggy[/name_m] is too cute for nn! I’m really loving [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Elora[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f], too. Thank you for your suggestions!

Yes, I agree-very beautiful suggestions! I think [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] is my current favorite.

I really like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Allegra[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] along with Maxly from the unique names