Old names for new baby girl?

Hello! I’m new – to the forum, to baby naming. We’re only 18 weeks along with our first little bun, and until I convince my husband otherwise, we will not know the gender. I started the first draft of my baby girl name list and would love some honest feedback. We’ve got some time, but I’d really like to have a set list in place before our mothers try to involve themselves :slight_smile:

Last name rhymes with “bean”, also 1 syllable. I have a penchant for older names but am not opposed to intermingling antiques with modern flair. Can you see a baby [name]Sylvia[/name], a teenaged [name]Dahlia[/name], a college freshman [name]Estella[/name]? Last, my husband LOVES [name]Charlotte[/name]. I’ll keep it on the list until the very end, but I’m just “ehh” about it.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Ana[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Riley[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Elana[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Esmerelda[/name]

I like the combo [name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name] the most out of what you have, but I can’t picture [name]Estella[/name] on a baby at the moment. Other than that, I’m not a huge fan of any of the other combos you have, though I love [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], and [name]Dahlia[/name]. Well, I have a mixed opinion on [name]Dahlia[/name], but that’s because I know a [name]Dahlia[/name] who is an absolute terror (haha but the name is pretty). Some combos I like are [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rue[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rue[/name], and [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Brielle[/name]. As for the different “ages” of the names, as long as they are babies/young children and they have “cutesy” nicknames (that’s the only way I can think to describe it) then I think I could picture most of the names on babies (just not [name]Vera[/name], really). As for teenagers, they would probably just need different nicknames, again. For example, using [name]Estella[/name], I like the nn [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] as a baby, then [name]Stella[/name] as a teenager, and then maybe using her full name as she gets older. Hopefully this makes sense! And obviously you could pick any nn you wanted or she would pick her own nn as she got older. [name]Hope[/name] this helps! :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]- I agree that I’m just “eh” about [name]Charlotte[/name], but they go well together. What about [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]?
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Brielle[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name].
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]- GORGEOUS!
[name]Ana[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this! It has a southern flair about it to me!
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Riley[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name], do not like [name]Riley[/name]. Sorry.
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name]- Adorable! And it comes with such a lovely, young nickname: [name]Stella[/name]!
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Elana[/name]- I think [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Elana[/name] has better flow, but other than that, [name]LOVE[/name] IT!
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Esmerelda[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Vera[/name], but not with [name]Esmerelda[/name].

You have a fabulous list! Any way you go, your LO will have an awesome name!

You have some beautiful names :wink:
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Brielle[/name] is probably my favorite
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name] is also lovely though! And nn [name]Stella[/name] is lovely
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is also a classic beauty!

Best if luck!!

Nice list . . . the only name I really don’t like out of the bunch is [name]Rue[/name].

I disagree that [name]Vera[/name] could not be used on a baby, but agree that [name]Vera[/name] [name]Esmeralda[/name] doesn’t sound quite right.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Vera[/name] [name]Brielle[/name] or [name]Vera[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] instead?

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! I love your options, you have great taste.
[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] are on my list and I love the middle names you’ve put with them.
My least favourite is [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Riley[/name] and I’m not sure about [name]Rue[/name]. I like [name]Estella[/name] though.
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is beautiful. I have the same problem, the only name my husband likes is lovely but super popular and not very exciting to me but it will stay on the list and she may just suit the name perfectly when we meet her.

Since your husband loves [name]Charlotte[/name], I’d use that for the middle name slot of any of your name choices. [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is lovely and a timeless name that would work for any age. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is also quite nice. I really like [name]Magnolia[/name] as well and wouldn’t hesitate to use it as a first name. Good luck!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - this is really nice! If you’re ho-hum on [name]Charlotte[/name], I like pp’s suggestion of using it in the middle - with a range of these names, really. BUT, would the nickname [name]Lottie[/name] win you over? I think it’s so sweet and captures some of the vintage feel you seem to like.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Brielle[/name] - I like [name]Eliza[/name] but don’t love it as much as some here. [name]Brielle[/name] seems a little made-up to me. This is a perfectly fine combo on the whole though.

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] - pretty solid!

[name]Ana[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] - A little -a heavy for my taste…like both names individually though…probably prefer [name]Anna[/name] to [name]Ana[/name] slightly.

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Riley[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Dahlia[/name]. I have a friend with this name and she loves having it, and nn [name]Dolly[/name] could be so cute. It feels mismatched to me with [name]Riley[/name], but I’m not a stickler, honestly. It’s fine.

[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] the rhythm but am not wild about either name. I still haven’t gotten the whole [name]Stella[/name] bug yet. But this is a really good combo separate from my taste.

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Elana[/name] - A little matchy-matchy in rhythms and endings, and the vowels “bump” a bit. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name], though. [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Helen[/name]?

[name]Vera[/name] [name]Esmerelda[/name] - [name]Vera[/name] is basically my favorite name of all times! I think a baby can wear it and more and more parents are agreeing - it’s been jumping up the lists meteorically in terms of ranking (make sure you’re aware of that if that would bother you). Of course, jumping up in ranking doesn’t necessarily mean truly hugely larger numbers of parents are using it : D. This combo is rough, though, the vowels bump, and the double -a ending. I may very well one day have a [name]Vera[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Vera[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Vera[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], or [name]Vera[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], do you like any of those?

to sum up, I think your best options using names you’ve posted might be
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Ana[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Rue[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]

All best!

Oh and I’ll add I think nn V/Vee is cute for a little [name]Vera[/name]…

As a previous poster added, I think that [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is absolutely gorgeous!