Olina Hannah, born 7/30/22

Sorry this is late!

[name_f]Olina[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] was born on [name_u]July[/name_u] 30, weighing 7 pounds 8 ounces.

[name_f]Olina[/name_f] is a variation on the name [name_f]Olga[/name_f], which is my grandmother’s name (and was her mother’s name too). [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] was the name of my husband’s great-grandmother, whose family fled the Russian pogroms when she was 2 years old. She is named after some very strong and capable women!

Here is the longer story: [name_f]My[/name_f] great-great-grandmother got a job as a companion to a very wealthy woman as she traveled the world, shopping for items for her trousseau. The wealthy woman was named [name_f]Olga[/name_f], and they also visited a [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Olga[/name_f] during their travels. [name_f]My[/name_f] great-great-grandmother had grown up in a small farming village in [name_u]Germany[/name_u] and was so amazed by the things she saw on this voyage, that she promised she would name her first daughter [name_f]Olga[/name_f]. Her daughter [name_f]Olga[/name_f] was my great-grandmother, who also ended up naming her daughter (my grandmother) [name_f]Olga[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother didn’t like her name, though, and went by a nickname (which is not related to her real name). The name [name_f]Olina[/name_f] has a long history as a diminutive of the name [name_f]Olga[/name_f], and I liked that is sounds less harsh. It also happens to mean “joy” in Hawaiian.

40 Likes

Absolutely lovely :sunflower:

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name, and what a great story! Congratulations and welcome [name_f]Olina[/name_f] :yellow_heart:

So lovely! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Olina[/name_f]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

olina hannah is such a beautiful name with a stunning story behind it.

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] choice :heart::heart: congratulations

That’s a beautiful name, congratulations!!!
And the story was so so interesting, thanks for adding that!!!
Xx🍃

What a gorgeous story and an equally gorgeous, important name. Huge congratulations! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u], beautiful [name_f]Olina[/name_f]. :cherry_blossom:

Congrats!!

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Olina[/name_f] before, but I immediately liked it. Such a sweet name but with great personal association - and I love that it also happens to mean joy!

[name_f]Olina[/name_f] is such a gem, and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] goes with it beautifully. Congratulations on your little one! :two_hearts: :partying_face:

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! What a beautiful name and I love the history behind it!

Congratulations!

[name_f]Olina[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is gorgeous and I love the backstory behind the choice :dizzy:

[name_f]Olina[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! Stopped me in my tracks as I scrolled. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing such a cool story.