Olivarius?

My husband and I are expecting twin boys. We have decided to call them [name]Damion[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. But we are wondering if it would be too “out there” to name them Damionus and Olivarius? We absolutely love the connection to greek literature and the way they go together. What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

Well, I think the -us endings have much more to do with [name]Roman[/name] literature than Greek, for starters.

Also, I would just use [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Damion[/name], which are both lovely as they are.

Those seem more like [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] names.

Thanks for your opinions. :slight_smile:
[name]Damian[/name] derived from the Greek form [name]Damon[/name]. In Greek mythology there is a legend about [name]Damon[/name] and Pythias. [name]Damianus[/name] became a variant form like [name]Damianus[/name] of Ephesus. He was a famous greek rhetoric. We want to spell it Damionus and [name]Damion[/name] fort short though. Olivarius is from a Latin term.

It seems a little forced. Oliv- is such an established way to begin a name with the very-popular [name]Oliver[/name]/[name]Olivia[/name] that it carries a bit of baggage, and because of that I find Olivarius comes accross like so many superfluous Ys. Being uncomfortable with the popularity of a name and trying to shoe-horn some originality into it.
I think if you’re comitted to an -ius ending, go big or go home. [name]Aurelius[/name], [name]Octavius[/name], [name]Tiberius[/name]. If you’re going to do something unusual, do it like you mean it.

I really like [name]Oliver[/name]. Olivarius sound to be like a medical term for faulty ovaries. sorry.