Olive, Kit, and ????????

I was thinking of some things. Some out there maybe, just to give you some ideas. I like how you came up with your other daughters’ names, so I know you’ll know when you get the right one for you and her. I am just winging it, I don’t study or memorize lists, so if any makes you laugh at me, that’s ok. Some of them might be a little made up or tweaked from other names or out of the current fashion by some or many years, if that matters to you.

[name]Ramie[/name] - (raymee) cute name, unfortunately derived from (and NO ONE HAS TO KNOW THIS) a song I remember from my sister’s Cabbage Patch sing-along tape, a nickname of a doll named [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Marie[/name].
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] or [name]JUST[/name] [name]Bell[/name].
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Stockard[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Nila[/name] or [name]Neela[/name] or [name]Neala[/name] (all pronounced [name]Neela[/name])
[name]Zoe[/name] (old favorite, I still think it has everything right in one name).
Aloe (do you want to be the first one?)
[name]Glad[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Liz[/name]
[name]Luz[/name]
[name]Lupe[/name] (loo-pay)
[name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Merry[/name]
[name]Jeanie[/name], [name]Jean[/name], or short for [name]Eugenia[/name]/[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Trixie[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sandra[/name] or [name]Dee[/name] but not both.
[name]Joely[/name]

I would typically stay away from longer names, it strays into a different category to me when some siblings have much more elaborate names, but you can get ideas from:

[name]Veronica[/name]-[name]Ronnie[/name]-can’t think of anything else [name]Veronica[/name] is often shortened to.
[name]Matilda[/name]-[name]Matty[/name]-[name]Tilly[/name]-[name]Tilda[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]-[name]Meg[/name]-[name]Maggie[/name]-[name]Peg[/name]-[name]Peggy[/name]

I can’t think of too many others that really stay with the spunky yet familiar. I’d in general stay away from [name]Fran[/name] names. I know it’s not your kids’ names, but this really points out a Kukla, [name]Fran[/name], and [name]Olly[/name] sort of trio (to me anyway) when you put them all together. Also steer from anything like a [name]Cat[/name]/[name]Kat[/name] or [name]Kate[/name] (obviously?), or an [name]Ally[/name]/[name]Alice[/name]/[name]Allison[/name] or [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elly[/name] kind of name, anything with an [name]El[/name] or [name]Al[/name] in the first syllable will sound alike to [name]Olive[/name], whereas I think a name like [name]Tilly[/name] or [name]Millie[/name] or [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] (or whatever you might come up with like that - from your dreams, another’s suggestion, a book or some other kind of “sign”, etc.) are dissimilar enough. Of course, you could always run it by us when you have a short list. :slight_smile:

I really liked hearing how you came up with those names and that you love them. That’s a really interesting part of the process that I’m always curious about.

[name]Mira[/name] - Underused, great meaning, single syllable and I think it sounds lovely with your beautiful girl names.

[name]Molly[/name]- I think that this is cute because it has the nn feel of [name]Kit[/name] and is 2 syllables like [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]- Again, it seems to fit in with the short names.
Peral- this may make a cute sibset? if it doesn’t seem to old fashioned
[name]Lilac/name- This could fit into both themes with the use of the nickname [name]Lil[/name].
[name]Penny[/name]- To me this is like the classically sweet name. It reminds me of [name]Molly[/name] somewhat.

These are just off the top of my head based off of [name]Courtney[/name] [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]. If you like any I could suggedt some middle names.

More…

[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Tracy[/name]
[name]Cass[/name]
[name]Lotte[/name]
[name]Tara[/name]
[name]Trudy[/name]
[name]Lindy[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] or [name]Laney[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Dory[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Sheena[/name]
[name]Glory[/name] or [name]Gloria[/name]

Getting a little more fancy than I think really goes well with the other names. I had another one, I’ll post when I remember it again.

I think [name]Clover[/name] is beautiful and sounds great with those two…

[name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name] are fabulous names!

[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and…

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] / [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] (ad-uh-leen)
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Fay/name
[name]May[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] (nickname [name]Gigi[/name])
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Effie[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nickname [name]Josie[/name])
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]

My favorites are
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]June[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Libby[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Ginger[/name]

good luck :slight_smile:

edit: I think [name]Clover[/name] sounds really cute with the names too!

Thanks [name]Karen[/name]. You obviously put a lot of thought in your suggestions and I appreciate that.

[name]Belle[/name] - I love [name]Belle[/name]. [name]Just[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. My girls love Beauty and the Beast (me too) and I would name her [name]Belle[/name] in a heartbeat if not for all those [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Isabel[/name]'s, and [name]Annabelle[/name]'s running around out there.

[name]Millie[/name] is cute.

[name]Zoe[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]. Wish it weren’t so popular.

Aloe - I don’t think I want to be the 1st. hehe

[name]Glad[/name] - This one made me smile. :slight_smile: But not a name.

[name]Luna[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Luna[/name]. It’s on my list and love the name [name]Lulu[/name]. [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Lulu[/name]. I think its my favorite so far. Any other suggestions of what [name]Lulu[/name] could be short for?

[name]Liz[/name] and [name]Luv[/name] are out because [name]Olive[/name] sometimes is called [name]Liv[/name] or [name]Livvie[/name]. And [name]Leigh[/name] is my sister’s name.

[name]Reese[/name] - Very cute.

[name]Georgia[/name] - I’m adding that to the list too. I think [name]Georgie[/name] is a cute nn for a girl. I also like [name]Gigi[/name]. Maybe a [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or something like that.

[name]Cleo[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]. Adding that to the list too.

What is Kukla, [name]Fran[/name], & [name]Ollie[/name]? I’ve never heard of that.

bbkettle - [name]Mira[/name] is cute. I love this one too. I think [name]Miri[/name] would be a cute nn. [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Miri[/name]. Cute, no?

[name]Myra[/name] - I like [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]. Thanks!

Mama-[name]Ella[/name], I like [name]Clover[/name], but I don’t love it, but thanks for the suggestions.

[name]Eva[/name] - (love your name, BTW) Off your list, I like [name]Mabel[/name] (nn [name]Mae[/name]), [name]Giselle[/name] ([name]Gigi[/name]), [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Belle[/name].

Thanks for all of your suggestions. You guys are AWESOME!!!

My list so far. If you have other suggestions, please feel free.

[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mabel[/name] (nn [name]Mae[/name])
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Georgia[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name] or [name]Gigi[/name])
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Gigi[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mira[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name])
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Pheobe[/name] (nn [name]Bea[/name])

WDYT? Favorites? [name]Love[/name]? Hate? Let me know!

I think [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Maisie[/name] sounds like a good trio.

Or maybe [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Heidi[/name].

You’re welcome. I’m glad you like some of the names I thought of. I just sat with the page open and just let names come to me freely for you. It was fun for me, so I’m glad it was helpful to you.

Kukla, [name]Fran[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name]… I’m not really even old enough to know what that is. I want to say it’s a puppet show that was on tv. I was right: http://kukla.tv/ It was on in the beginning of television, 1947-57, but the characters re-appeared as hosts of the CBS Children’s Film Festival in the mid-60s to the late 70s (which I am old enough to have seen, but I don’t remember). The CBS Children's Film Festival with Kukla, Fran and Ollie If my parents remember it, then I probably have heard of it, in general terms.

I don’t say [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] immediately draw a connection to the puppets, but I think when you add a [name]Fran[/name], that was the first thing I thought of if you call them all in a group. Maybe nobody else would. Maybe if everyone is too young now or you live in another country.

I like helping people avoid cultural references if they want to, if I can spot it. They don’t have to. Not everyone that comes into contact with anyone’s children will be their age or your age! But they will not always travel as a group, and they will probably be listed in age order if so, so it may be a little cute if you like [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frannie[/name] or [name]Frances[/name] but not overly obvious. Sometimes, for me at least, it’s not just about saying I don’t like the name, or it’s not stylish, or I don’t like the sound of the name, or it sounds very close to a sibling, or it sounds like a word with negative connotations or a medical condition (in case someone wasn’t aware) - it’s the puppets and cartoons too. If you had a daughter named [name]Barbie[/name], I’d tell you not to name her brother [name]Ken[/name], except you’d probably be on top of that one already.

[name]Hi[/name] my pugs name are [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Lu[/name]!! [name]Lily[/name] [name]Lu[/name] is very cute with [name]Olive[/name]…
I love [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Paxton[/name], [name]Stella[/name], Reagon

Ouy of your new favorites, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name]!
I think Gerogie is the CUTEST nickname!

Thanks about my name,
yeah I thought about the nature name thing to. I do love [name]Heidi[/name] with your other girls names. Are you sure your having a girl this time?

~[name]Bree[/name]

My list so far. If you have other suggestions, please feel free.

[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mabel[/name] (nn [name]Mae[/name]) -[name]Love[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] and with [name]Mae[/name], you get two names in one.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Belle[/name] -I agree it’s kind of common, but not as a full name (not sure)- it’s succinct and pretty ([name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name] are not common but close to names that are also)
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Luna[/name] -I know I suggested it and it could work. I don’t love it but they are your kids - if it’s the right one, you follow your own drummer, if you know what I’m saying.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Lulu[/name] - I think cute.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Georgia[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name] or [name]Gigi[/name]) - definitely a decent pick.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Gigi[/name] - I don’t love [name]Gigi[/name] by itself but then again, if you hear what’s right, I don’t want to say you shouldn’t. If it helps, my niece and nephew call my grandmother gigi for Great-Grandma. [name]Don[/name]'t know if that’s a common tag, but I’d probably not feel right about it. Also (not really a strike against), “Thank [name]Heaven[/name] for [name]Little[/name] Girls” from the film [name]Gigi[/name] - YouTube - actually I want to watch that, never seen it!
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Cleo[/name] - A gorgeous pick.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mira[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name]) - Also love it.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Pheobe[/name] (nn [name]Bea[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] it.

WDYT? Favorites? [name]Love[/name]? Hate? Let me know!

I don’t hate any of your finalized list, but definitely feel more toward some than others personally. Since it is up to you, all of them would work, and you would feel proud that you picked the right name, like you did for your other daughters. No matter which one you pick, I think you are right and I am wrong.

I love your daughters’ names! I think it is very cool how you picked their names, and I know that you will know when you’ve found the right name. That said, I just wanted to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] with your daughters’ names, and the nn [name]Bea[/name] is so cute!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thanks [name]Karen[/name] for the explanation about Kukla, [name]Fran[/name], & [name]Ollie[/name]. And I’d only use [name]Gigi[/name] as a nickname (not a full) - but I didn’t think about Grandma’s using it as a name. So maybe not. My hubby is not crazy about [name]Luna[/name] either although she would go by [name]Lulu[/name]. And this isn’t the finialized list. I’m still searching and I’ve yet to go home with a baby who’s name was on the list I took to the hospital, but maybe this time.

[name]Bree[/name], I’ve had 2 ultrasounds and each time they told me it was a girl so it better be a girl. :slight_smile:

Bayberry, cute names for the pugs. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Lu[/name] is super cute and I love the name [name]Lily[/name], I just wish it wasn’t so popular.

Thanks Stassia & Salifero for your comments.

I’m going to vote for [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Mabel[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m running out of things to add to my first lists ([name]Mae[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] are still my favorites), but here are some more:

[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love your daughter”s names! I vote for [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name], though I do like [name]Lulu[/name] spelled as [name]LouLou[/name] but that”s just me. Runners up would be [name]Molly[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Coco[/name] if you”re open to those.

Congrats and hope this helps!

olive kit and mabel (mae would be my second choice)