Olive?

See the results of this poll: Do you know an Olive?

Respondents: 52 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 13 (25%)
  • No : 33 (63%)
  • Yes, more than one: 6 (12%)

The only [name_f]Olive[/name_f] I knew was my great Aunt. There’s the character in the kids show [name_m]Justin[/name_m] Time on Netflix named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] so it makes the name modern again. It’s definitely not as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I voted yes…but I don’t know any child by that name.

There was an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in my class who went by [name_f]Olive[/name_f] with friends, and my godmother’s aunt is an [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. A NB member (@bretak) has a daughter called [name_f]Olive[/name_f], who’s the only baby [name_f]Olive[/name_f] I know of. I don’t think it will become anywhere near as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], although there will probably be a few Olivias nn [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

Only my hamster

I’ve never met an [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and don’t know of anyone named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (i.e. friends of friends and the like). I wouldn’t think it’s that popular at all, certainly not like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] which has been popular for decades.

My friend named her daughter that. She choose it because it wasn’t popular. She is 3 now.

I know if you look at the SSA website you can see the number of births every year/every decade of a name if you’re in the US

Edited for privacy

The [name_f]Olive[/name_f] I know is actually an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. Her mama calls her [name_f]Olive[/name_f] for short.

Well…my sister stole this off my baby name list five years ago…for her dog. Egregious offense, haha. So - I only know a canine [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_m]IRL[/name_m]. I know a few Olivers and Olivias, from my age group all the way down to the wee ones. It’s a great name and nowhere near as popular as its relatives.

Editing to add: I took a look at your linked list of favorites and I love [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Romola[/name_f] (!), [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], and [name_u]Wren[/name_u], too. Yours is going to be a well-named baby, I think!

My six year old goes to school with two Olives. That’s the only time I’ve encountered the name.

My great aunt’s name was [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I also know a three-year-old [name_f]Olive[/name_f], who lives in the UK.

[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_m]Osmond[/name_m]'s name is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], named after her mother.
My 97 yo neighbor is [name_f]Olive[/name_f].
Mainly I think of Popeye’s [name_f]Olive[/name_f] Oyl.
Or …do you want an olive in your martini?
[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_m]Pitt[/name_m]? :slight_smile:

I currently know two Olives, one who is just a few months old and one who is 3. I also went to my niece’s kindergarten program recently and there were 3 Olives listed in the program. I think it is becoming more popular, although I don’t think will be as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. All that being said, I personally don’t think you shouldn’t choose a name based on it’s popularity if you love it.

Thank you everyone for your comments! Keep them coming

Thank you! Well, DH has to agree too. He’s vetoing most of these names. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is the one we’ve both agreed on for now.