Oliver Jack, Gideon Charles, William Elliot...etc etc etc

hi berries,

I am pregnant with my second, who we just found out is a little boy. Hooray! My daughter is [name]Stella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. I am hoping you could give me some feedback on our current list. Which sounds best with [name]Stella[/name]? Which sounds best with a one syllable last name? Any additional suggestions given my current list?

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jack[/name] - I love the name [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Jack[/name] is a family name. My husband isn’t crazy about the nickname [name]Ollie[/name], so are there any other nickname options for this?

[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - [name]Gideon[/name] is my guilty pleasure name, although I think that my husband would like something a little more mainstream.

[name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] - saw this on a forum somewhere (maybe here?) and loved the combo and how distinguished it sounds. I don’t love how popular [name]William[/name] is, and I don’t love the nickname options for [name]William[/name] with the possible exception of [name]Will[/name]. But does [name]Will[/name] sound choppy or funny with a one syllable last name?

[name]Colin[/name] [name]William[/name] - I think [name]Colin[/name] is a great boys name and isn’t used all that often these days. What are your thoughts or impressions about the name?

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - I adore the name [name]Elliot[/name], but fear that it is too close to [name]Stella[/name] to make a good sib set. Thoughts and honest feedback?

[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Robert[/name] - I like the name [name]Wesley[/name], but again worry that it will get shortened to [name]Wes[/name] and that it would sound strange with a one syllable last name, [name]Robert[/name] is a family name.

Okay, that’s what we’ve got so far. Which is your favorite with [name]Stella[/name], and do you have any other suggestions to add to the list? Looking forward to yur feedback! Thanks for helping me choose a name. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your choices - great selection to chose from. My favs are [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Robert[/name]. Not sure how [name]Will[/name] will sound with a one syllable last name - I do know several [name]Wills[/name] and there are a couple who have one syl. last names and they sound fine.

As for [name]Elliot[/name] - it is truly one of my all time favs. I was so sad to see it get popular as I thought I was the only one who “knew” about this great, classic name.

I seriously love the name [name]Elliot[/name], I think it may be my favorite out of your choices. If you wanted along those lines, I think [name]Elijah[/name] is a nicely similar name. I also love the combo of [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Stella[/name], it just flows together. I also love your choice of [name]Gideon[/name], it is a guilty pleasure of mine as well… :smiley:

If I may, also suggest the name [name]Ford[/name]? I really don’t know what made it come to mind when I heard [name]Stella[/name], but I think it would also make a great sib-set. Call me crazy, maybe it is only because [name]Ford[/name] is a favorite of mine :slight_smile: [name]Unique[/name], sophisticated…I don’t know.

Anyway! Congrats on your adorable little boy, and GOOD [name]LUCK[/name] with names!

I love [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. But I’m not sure about [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] together as first names. Not bad, but it does come off as slightly matchy. I think you could make it work, though. I’m also a huge fan of [name]Oliver[/name], but I don’t know if I like the flow of [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jack[/name] with a one syllable last name. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], perhaps? In any case, your list is full of amazing names so you really can’t go wrong.

I think [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] would be great with [name]Stella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!! Good luck!

Thanks all for the responses and additional suggestions. I’ll be running those by the husband. :slight_smile: I just wish I wasn’t limited to choosing just ONE of them!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jack[/name] sounds great! Only thing is the whole OJ connection :/. Not a huge deal, but I probably wouldn’t do it. It is a family mn for you though, so that would be a tough one. It’s my number ONE boy name and the combo that I will probably go with is [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]. Another combo I like is [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Graham[/name]

I love [name]Gideon[/name], and [name]Elliott[/name] is another favorite. I don’t think I’d combine [name]Elliott[/name] with [name]Stella[/name], though. [name]Gideon[/name] doesn’t really “go” either, as a sibset. [name]Oliver[/name], on the other hand, goes nicely with [name]Stella[/name].

My vote goes to [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Charles[/name]! =)

I like your choices but have you considered [name]August/name? It goes well with [name]Jack[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Charles[/name], etc…

I have an [name]Oliver[/name] and almost [name]Elliott[/name], and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Stella[/name]. So my vote is for either of those. I call my [name]Oliver[/name] “[name]Ollie[/name]”… I can’t think of something else, but I love “[name]Ollie[/name]” and think its super cute, so…

I have an [name]Oliver[/name] and we call him [name]Ollie[/name] as well. I think the nn [name]Ollie[/name] is awesome! Very [name]Brit[/name]/surfer style :stuck_out_tongue: