Oliver or Oscar?

Both names are quite popular these days, and although I try to steer away from such names I can’t shake either of these off!

Which name do you prefer and why?

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] just reminds me of the grouch

Both are great options, but I have to admit I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] - it feels a bit fresher to me.

I love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

I think both are nice. My new nephew’s named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and I’ve known many little [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s over the years too, but only ever come across one little [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I do think I prefer little [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] though.

I love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is nice, too, but I just prefer [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I really don’t like the nn [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], though. On the other hand, I find [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] adorable, lol.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is feels a little more attractive to me, but there is the issue of its extreme popularity. However here’s the thing: it’s popular for a reason.

I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]!

I prefer [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

It’s been great reading through your feedback! It looks like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s in the lead. He’s certainly popular for a reason :slight_smile:

I’m going to go with [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. Fresh, fun and I don’t think of “the grouch”. It actually reminds me of a character in one of my favorite books.

I like both but my vote goes to [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] as it’s more unheard

I like both but prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I really dislike [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], and unfortunately it seems most Olivers end up being called this.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] sounds lovely to me, while [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] sounds heavy. I have trouble picturing [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] on a child. I for one love [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]/[name_u]Olly[/name_u] as well.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m], easily. A lovely vintage with a modern feel.

I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. Can’t stand [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I find [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] very unattractive.