Olivia nn Ivy

Hello berries, I’m not having children anytime soon but still love considering potential names.

At the moment I’m stuck on [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] I love everything about this name aside from the popularity my other favourite girls name is [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and one of the main reasons I love it is that it’s quite rare especially where I live in [name_f]England[/name_f]. But I still can’t imagine not having a daughter named [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] so thought maybe a rarer nn might work? I’m not a massive fan of [name_f]Livy[/name_f] so was considering [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], is it too much of a stretch from [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]? I like ivy on its own as well but it just doesn’t feel like a complete name to me.

What’s your opinion berries?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] works. It’s something that is common enough as a given name that it’s a bit weird. Besides that, [name_f]Livy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are pronounced differently. If I knew an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was called [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], I’d want to pronounce it ivv-ee, like [name_f]Livy[/name_f] without the L.

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] works as a nickname for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]…also; [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], Vie, [name_f]Via[/name_f], [name_f]Lolly[/name_f], and [name_f]Viv[/name_f]. Have you considered [name_f]Livia[/name_f] as a first name instead of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]?

I’m with casilda–[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is too well known of a name on its own to be used as a nickname for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], imo. I would use [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Livy[/name_f]/[name_f]Livvie[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f] as a nickname.

Great idea! [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a lovely nn for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch. I love the nn [name_f]Olive[/name_f] as well :slight_smile: