Olivia vs. Charlotte

Our list has been narrowed down to these two names. I know a lot of you have voted, and we’ve decided to go with [name]Joy[/name] for the middle name. DH’s favourite is [name]Olivia[/name], mine is [name]Charlotte[/name]. I like [name]Olivia[/name], but it’s so popular.
If you could let me know which name you prefer and why, maybe that will help me decide! Big sister is [name]Mia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]…

[name]Mia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]
or
[name]Mia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

They are both beautiful names, but I would probably go with [name]Charlotte[/name] as [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] both end in ‘ia’.
If that doesn’t bother you, I think that [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Joy[/name] sounds a teeny bit better than [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Joy[/name]…but I have a real soft spot for [name]Charlotte[/name]!

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Mia[/name] and I think it’s a much prettier and less used name than [name]Olivia[/name] (there are several [name]Mia[/name]'s and [name]Olivia[/name]'s in my daycare).

I like [name]Olivia[/name], but it’s popularity puts me off a bit too. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is wonderful.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Joy[/name] all the way!!! I think it sounds better with [name]Mia[/name] and it sounds prettier than [name]Charlotte[/name].

I like [name]Olivia[/name] the most, it is much more glamorous than [name]Charlotte[/name] which while a stylish name is not as softly feminine as [name]Olivia[/name] but as sisters I think [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are easier to say together.

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Joy[/name], but when I read the title I thought, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]. :slight_smile:

Argh, I love both! They’re both in my top 5, actually. :slight_smile: I absolutely love [name]Olivia[/name] for its connection to [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s Twelfth [name]Night[/name] (although I prefer [name]Viola[/name]'s character, just the connection to the play is meaningful to me!), its olive-branch/peaceful symbolism it holds for me, its sweetness… I can really imagine an [name]Olivia[/name] of almost any age and that’s why I love it. It is really popular, but it’s popular for a reason. And [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Mia[/name] and [name]Liv[/name] are so cute together.

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] for its nns–[name]Lottie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] are my favorites–it’s classic-but-slightly-Frenchy feel, its charm. I have never been a huge [name]Bronte[/name] fan, even though I have loved reading literature for years, but I suppose [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] would be a nice namesake. :slight_smile: My mom always wanted to have a son named [name]Charles[/name], nn [name]Charlie[/name], and so I like that [name]Charlotte[/name] would be a slight nod to that while still using the FN I love. That’s 90% of [name]Charlotte[/name]'s appeal for me (besides the nn [name]Lola[/name], and the meaning, “free man”), but I’m guessing it wouldn’t matter to very few other people, lol.

Personally, [name]Olivia[/name] slightly edges out [name]Charlotte[/name] for me ([name]Olivia[/name]'s my third favorite name ever; [name]Charlotte[/name] sits at around number 5 or 6 for me), but they’re both lovely. I like that [name]Olivia[/name], popularity wise, is more similar to [name]Mia[/name], so they seem to go better, imo, but [name]Charlotte[/name] is quite familiar and well-loved, too, so I think they both go better together.

Good luck! You can’t really go wrong with either choice. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] for it’s nicknames. [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Char[/name], and [name]Lottie[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]!!! [name]Olivia[/name] is lovely but it is not even on the same level as [name]Charlotte[/name] IMHO.