Ollie

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ollie[/name] to bits, but I prefer it as a nickname. I’d like some suggestions for a longer, formal name. Our last name is only one syllable and very basic, so we feel like we can afford some extravagance in other places. :slight_smile:

Also, I adore Ollivander – I think it sounds magnificent – but how acceptable would that be?

Thanks!

I had a Tante [name]Ollie[/name] but I’m not sure what her real name was (she was Norwegian). I think Ollivander is just too [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. If you don’t like the [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name] connection, there’s always [name]Olga[/name], [name]Ole[/name], and [name]Olav[/name]. Also [name]Olympia[/name] could be an [name]Ollie[/name]. Maybe [name]Olwen[/name]? You might want to check out some Scandinavian names as the “[name]Ol[/name]” is fairly common.

[name]Olen[/name]? It is Norwegian. and two syllables which would be nice with a one syllable last name:)

I think you could use [name]Ollie[/name] as a nickname for these.

[name]Hollis[/name]
Hollister
Hollender
Holleder

Good luck!

There’s always [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Olivier[/name] if you’re feeling fancy.

My [name]Oliver[/name]'s nickname is [name]Ollie[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Oliver[/name] is my current favorite boy name, which I would shorten to [name]Ollie[/name].