Olympia

What do you think of this very rare name? Too out there? [name]Just[/name] right? A wonderful alternative to the ever popular [name]Olivia[/name] or the tragic [name]Ophelia[/name]?

[name]Ophelia[/name] vs [name]Olympia[/name]…which do you prefer?

And what middle names (two if you like) would you use with [name]Olympia[/name]?

Although it is very rare and a big name I love it! I actually know an [name]Olympia[/name] and the name works really well in real life. She is beautiful and the name suits her perfectly.
I much prefer it to [name]Ophelia[/name], both because I think it has a softer, prettier sound and also because I can’t get past the tragic assosiation with [name]Ophelia[/name].
[name]Even[/name] though you rarely hear the name [name]Olympia[/name] it is still very familiar and easy to pronounce… And she could go by [name]Olly[/name] or [name]Pia[/name] is she wanted to.

[name]Olympia[/name] has the sound “limp” in it. I prefer [name]Ophelia[/name] but then I’m biased. (my name)

I imagine the senator, [name]Olympia[/name] Snowe, when I hear the name. Its a pretty, underused name. But so is [name]Ophelia[/name].
I like the sound of [name]Ophelia[/name] better - but as a first name - [name]Olympia[/name] is likely more useable.

[name]Ophelia[/name] is lovely too!

I thought about [name]Olympus[/name] as a “guilty pleasure” name and “lymp” did come up. :frowning:

I love [name]Olympia[/name]. I think [name]Ollie[/name] or [name]Oly[/name] would be terrific nicknames. I live in [name]Washington[/name] state, so it’s not really usable for me.

I actually know a girl named [name]Olympia[/name] so it doesn’t seem to weird to me, i do prefer [name]Ophelia[/name] though.