On a mission...

I do hear ‘nutmeg’, but if you hadn’t mentioned it then I probably wouldn’t have. I adore the suggestion of [name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Annette[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name] are gorgeous!

Also, in a slightly more modern vein, how about [name]Annette[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]?

Good luck!

Sooooo mission ACCOMPLISHED!! Thank you all so much… I had literally given up on finding a variation of [name]Ann[/name] that I loved. My mother means so much to be that using [name]Ann[/name] in the middle or using [name]Elizabeth[/name] was just not enough. My husband is also on board with the possibility of naming a future daughter [name]Annette[/name]! Ok possible middle names…

[name]Annette[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] (this is pretty long with my last name)
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (ditto)
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Esther[/name] (not a name I would normally choose but I like the “out there-ness” of it but mayber to much T)
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

Last name starts with De ([name]DEE[/name]) and ends in tel

Ok suggest away! :slight_smile:

I’m going to officially vote for [name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. So beautiful!

It is pretty great! haha! I always think about how my childs name will look on their wedding invitation… I know weird. But when I saw my and my husbands name on out wedding invitation is when I totally fell in love with names (no I am not like many here at nameberry who have ALWAYS loved names!). Seeing [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name] made me really [name]LOVE[/name] names and appreciate their meaning and style! As I digress… I think [name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would be BEAUTIFUL on a wedding invitation… haha!

That’s such an interesting thought. I’ve never really thought about it that way… I always think of them being called at soccer try outs, or starting college… etc. I will have to add that to my ‘naming criteria’. =)

I think [name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is so gorgeous and it actually goes well with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!

I, too, never really had a name affinity. It wasn’t until I became pregnant that I’ve grew so in love with names as a whole. I love your story about your wedding invitations! I was frankly unamused with the planning of our wedding. Babies are soooo much more fun! =)

Best of luck, Zard!

[name]Annette[/name] Avonlea
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Benedicta[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Claudina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Clementina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Delphina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Drusilla[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Feodora[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Luella[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Maruska[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Melantha[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Ondina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Paolina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] Rosamel
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]

Oh the planning was not that exciting! Haha I was 3 states away and my mom did most of it. The names just really hit me because we both (to friends/coworkers) go by shorter versions!

My thing is I always think of how a girl’s name will look on a resume and whether she could be President of the U.S. or CEO of a company with the name I give her!
If kids only knew how much thought we put into naming them! :slight_smile:

Good point! Resume is one to add to the list. I also think of what it will look like at the end of an email. I worked in a high paced industry and there were many times that I would not know the person by face, but just by their name. Everytime I eventually met them, they weren’t at all what I thought they’d look like. Ha!

I think of when my kids are going to graduate from high school or college and how their full name will sound when it’s read aloud. My son graduated from Vassar College (a lot of Californians have never heard of it : ^( ) last year, and when they read his name, it sounded so gorgeous. It went well with everyone else’s names, and I was happy that I gave him a classic name and not some [name]California[/name] casual name like [name]Ryan[/name] or [name]Kyle[/name].

I guess this what mean by how it looks on a wedding invitation or anywhere else their name will be read aloud or written fully. I want it to look and sound beautful/Handsom!

[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]… oh I really like this one… does it work?

[name]Susan[/name], I’m curious, where did you come up with Avonlea? From the books? Or have you known someone named this…?

[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] (husband loves)
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eve[/name]… Does this work?
[name]Annette[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]? [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

Any other thoughts?

[name]Susan[/name], I’m curious, where did you come up with Avonlea? From the books? Or have you known someone named this…?[/quote]
From the book. It’s so pretty!

Ohhhh… I have to add another vote for [name]Annette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]! I am so in love with the name [name]Maeve[/name] and think it sounds beautiful with [name]Annette[/name]. I want to have two votes, one for [name]Annette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and another for [name]Annette[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

Oh [name]Carter[/name]! Thanks I love it too! My great grandmother was [name]Anna[/name] [name]Mae[/name] so [name]Annette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is perfect to honor my mom and great grandmother! Now to convince my husband!

That makes it even more special. [name]Maeve[/name] didnt take much convincing for my husband. Good luck… let us know how it goes (the meaning, she who brings beauty/intoxicating did it in).