one more month! what do you think of these?

I’m having a girl and wondering what impression these names make.
[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey?
[name]Ramona[/name]- what nicknames work for this name
[name]Marigold[/name]- w/ nn [name]Goldie[/name]
[name]Honey[/name]- is this too cutesy and not serious enough?
[name]Asa[/name]- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Marlena[/name]- w/ nn marla
[name]Darla[/name]- also maybe too cutesy?
[name]June[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]- how would you pronounce this when you read it?
[name]Joan[/name]- called [name]Joanie[/name] pretty much all the time so [name]Joan[/name] would just be for birth certificate.

Thank you!

[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey? Yes.
[name]Ramona[/name]- what nicknames work for this name. [name]Love[/name] this name, [name]Mona[/name] is a good nn.
[name]Marigold[/name]- w/ nn [name]Goldie[/name]. Not too sure. The only [name]Goldie[/name] I’ve ever heard of is [name]Goldie[/name] Hawn. Too cutsey for me.
[name]Honey[/name]- is this too cutesy and not serious enough? I know someone who named their dog this and had to change it because she called her husband and kids honey too. And yes, too cutsey and not serious.
[name]Asa[/name]- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty
[name]Margot[/name] - Pretty and classy!
[name]Marlena[/name]- w/ nn marla, I prefer the whole name with no nn.
[name]Darla[/name]- also maybe too cutesy? Not a fan.
[name]June[/name] - Pretty and simple, I like it.
[name]Corinne[/name]- how would you pronounce this when you read it? I’d say cor-EEN
[name]Joan[/name]- called [name]Joanie[/name] pretty much all the time so [name]Joan[/name] would just be for birth certificate.I find [name]Joanie[/name] too cutsey and [name]Joan[/name] to dull.

My favorites are [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Marlena[/name] and [name]June[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey? - I don’t think so. But the spelling looks it, [name]Leila[/name] or [name]Lela[/name] might be better.
[name]Ramona[/name]- what nicknames work for this name - [name]Ramy[/name] or [name]Mona[/name] come to mind. I like it.
[name]Marigold[/name]- w/ nn [name]Goldie[/name] - [name]Goldie[/name] feels dated bc of [name]Goldie[/name] Hawn. I like it with [name]Mari[/name] though. [name]Goldie[/name]'s OK, not awful dated, just, dated.
[name]Honey[/name]- is this too cutesy and not serious enough? - yes. [name]Honora[/name] nn’d [name]Honey[/name] or just anything nn’d honey is better.
[name]Asa[/name]- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty - I can see why, but please do [name]Ada[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] or something. This is one letter off from a$$, just seems too much, and on a girl seems made up.
[name]Margot[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it!
[name]Marlena[/name]- w/ nn marla - I agree with pp, I like [name]Marlena[/name], [name]Marla[/name] is OK but not as much, I’d go with [name]Lena[/name] or [name]Leni[/name] if you want a nn.
[name]Darla[/name]- also maybe too cutesy? - I don’t think too cutesy I just think it’s not the most attractive name.
[name]June[/name] - [name]LOVELY[/name]!
[name]Corinne[/name]- how would you pronounce this when you read it? Kuh-RINN - I like this name.
[name]Joan[/name]- called [name]Joanie[/name] pretty much all the time so [name]Joan[/name] would just be for birth certificate. I agree [name]Joan[/name] is a little tired but I like [name]Joanie[/name] esp spelled [name]Joni[/name]. What about [name]Johanna[/name]

I like [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Margot[/name], and [name]June[/name] best.

All best!

[name]Leela[/name]- I don’t think it sounds too nicknamey. I think it sounds really pretty, and although the spelling might look a bit goofy, it is easier to pronounce than
[name]Ramona[/name]- I totally dig this name. You don’t really need to worry too much about nicknames, because they tend to come naturally with people you’re close to. But [name]Ray[/name] or [name]Mo[/name]/ [name]Mo[/name]-[name]Mo[/name] would probably occur from time to time.
[name]Marigold[/name]- I’ve always really wanted to hear people use this name for real! So unique and cool!
[name]Honey[/name]- I definitely think this is much too cutesy… not a good idea.
[name]Asa[/name]- The fact that it is a boy’s name is a bit confusing, but it’d probably make an awesome and unique middle name.
[name]Margot[/name]-- I’ve never liked this name. But that’s just me.
[name]Marlena[/name]- I like this name, but not the nickname. ‘[name]Marla[/name]’ just sounds clunky, and doesn’t sound like a natural nickname anyway. If you like the name, give your daughter the name, and see what you just naturally end up calling her for short.
[name]Darla[/name]- I think it is just a little bit too cutesy.
[name]June[/name]-- Nice, but I never saw the point of naming your child this unless she’s born in [name]June[/name]. People would probably assume she was born in [name]June[/name] and get confused when she wasn’t.
[name]Corinne[/name]- Ker-IN. I have a friend with that name, and I’ve always adored it. So pretty.
[name]Joan[/name]- I actually really like this name. It’s underused, smart, and cute.

[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey? I prefer [name]Lila[/name] but I don’t think it’s too nicknamey.
[name]Ramona[/name]- what nicknames work for this name? [name]Romy[/name] would work as a nn and it’s more contemporary than [name]Mona[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name]- w/ nn [name]Goldie[/name]-It works for [name]Goldie[/name] Hawn because of her personality but it takes a certain kind of person to carry off.
[name]Honey[/name]- is this too cutesy and not serious enough? I’d say yes it is, like [name]Goldie[/name] more a nickname that is bestowed because of the bearers personality than given at birth.
[name]Asa[/name]- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty- I’ve always liked it for a boy and suppose like [name]Sydney[/name] etc. it could work for a girl.
[name]Margot[/name]-Classy although I like it without the t-[name]Margo[/name].
[name]Marlena[/name]- w/ nn marla-[name]Don[/name]'t really care for [name]Marla[/name] or [name]Darla[/name], they’re not awful just personal preference. They don’t seem to have a lot of weight behind them. [name]Marlena[/name] is another matter it has an exotic air mostly due to [name]Marlene[/name] [name]Dietrich[/name].
[name]Darla[/name]- also maybe too cutesy?-See above
[name]June[/name]-Cute for a little girl and a nice solid name for a grown woman
[name]Corinne[/name]- how would you pronounce this when you read it? Pronounced Core-in. Not a huge fan but have known a couple of nice people named this.
[name]Joan[/name]- called [name]Joanie[/name] pretty much all the time so [name]Joan[/name] would just be for birth certificate.-Very 50’s but a good name.

Thank you!

[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey? I don’t think so, but I prefer the spelling [name]Lela[/name].
[name]Ramona[/name]- <3! So cute. Romy/Mona/Mo
Marigold- w/ nn Goldie - It’s okay.I’d use Mari instead of Goldie. Goldie makes me think of a dog.
Honey- is this too cutesy and not serious enough? - Don’t do it. Way too nicknamey.
Asa- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty - It’s a boy’s name therefore leave it as a boy’s name. What about Asha? It’s lovely and a female name. :slight_smile:
Margot - This one is cute.
Marlena- w/ nn marla - It’s cute. I’d use the nickname Lena.
Darla- also maybe too cutesy? - Not a huge fan. Makes me think of Darla and Spanky and Alfalfa.
June - Adorable. I’d use it for a middle name. Love the nn Junie.
Corinne- how would you pronounce this when you read it? - Cor-rinn. I like it. The nn Corie would be cute or Rinnie.
Joan- called Joanie pretty much all the time so Joan would just be for birth certificate. - This one is definitely vintage. It’s alright.

[name]Leela[/name]- I don’t think it sounds nicknamey at all! I actually adore it. Most people are worried that [name]Leila[/name] would get called [name]LEE[/name]-lah, but I wouldn’t mind since I love [name]LEE[/name]-lah and [name]LAY[/name]-lah pretty much equally. :slight_smile: I think [name]Leela[/name] looks a lot trendier, personally, so I would opt for either [name]Leila[/name] or [name]Lela[/name], both of which I have heard can have the [name]LEE[/name]-lah sound legitimately.
[name]Ramona[/name]- Not a fan of this at all. I just haven’t ever seen the appeal. I think [name]Romy[/name]/[name]Rommy[/name], [name]Mona[/name], or [name]Rona[/name] could all work as nns.
[name]Marigold[/name]- I considered this since I’ve heard its the birth flower for my sister’s birth month, but inevitably I tossed it aside. I just don’t love it enough, but I do think it has a whimsical, sunny, naturey vibe to it. I prefer the nn [name]Mari[/name] (MAH-ree) to [name]Goldie[/name], but either is adorable.
[name]Honey[/name]- yeah, way too cutesy to me. I think for something more grounded, like [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name], it would be an adorable MN, though. :slight_smile:
[name]Asa[/name]- my best friend’s little sister has pretty much proclaimed that her first son will be [name]Asa[/name], lol, so I can’t see it on a girl at all. It sounds completely masculine to me. And besides, the only real nn is [name]Ace[/name]. [name]Ace[/name], on a girl? It just screams cowboy to me, sorry!
[name]Margot[/name] - LOVEEEE [name]Margot[/name]! I think it’s stunning, and I love the nns [name]Em[/name], [name]Mari[/name], and [name]Maggie[/name] for this. I would love to meet one!
[name]Marlena[/name]- REALLY like [name]Marlena[/name], but I prefer the nn [name]Marley[/name] or [name]Lena[/name] ([name]LAY[/name]-nah). I think it’s adorable, though! [name]Marla[/name] seems a bit too middle-aged to me.
[name]Darla[/name]- not my thing. My cousin has a dog (a pit bull, I believe!) whose name is [name]Darla[/name]. I can’t really picture it on a girl after that. :*( Sorry.
[name]June[/name] - very vintage and I can definitely see the appeal! I prefer it as a MN, but I think [name]Juno[/name], [name]Junia[/name], and especially [name]Juniper[/name] are adorable, though!
[name]Corinne[/name]- kuh-[name]RIN[/name]. LOVELOVELOVE. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] is on my long list, and I’ve considered it many many other times! [name]Cora[/name] is an adorable nn for it. Or even [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Ren[/name].
[name]Joan[/name]- I don’t love [name]Joan[/name] or [name]Joanie[/name], but I love [name]Joanna[/name]! Still, I think [name]Joan[/name] has this feminine, old-soul sort of regal appeal. I used to [name]LOVE[/name] it, though, and considered [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Joan[/name] a while ago to honor my dad and brother (both Johns)…

[name]Leela[/name] ([name]Leila[/name]/[name]Lela[/name]?), [name]Margot[/name], [name]Marlena[/name], and [name]Corinne[/name] are my favorites! Good luck!

[name]Leela[/name]- This name will always remind me of the character from Futurama, but it’s not a bad name. I think I prefer [name]Leila[/name] (pronounced [name]Lay[/name]-lah) though.
[name]Ramona[/name]- Not a bad name. Only nickname I can think of is [name]Mona[/name], which I don’t like.
[name]Marigold[/name]- Hate the flower, hate the name. Sorry!
[name]Honey[/name]- I wouldn’t use this as a name. It’s a pet name in both senses - I’d name a pet that, or call someone that as a pet name.
[name]Asa[/name]- Neutral. It’s not bad, just not my style for some reason.
[name]Margot[/name] - Not bad.
[name]Marlena[/name]- I agree with PP that I like the full name better than the nickname! Or just [name]Marlene[/name].
[name]Darla[/name]- I like it.
[name]June[/name] - I don’t like month names, but it’s a cute, simple name.
[name]Corinne[/name]- I would pronounce this as core-rin. I like this name.
[name]Joan[/name]- What about [name]Joni[/name]? That’s my cousin’s name. I prefer it over [name]Joanie[/name] personally. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion!

[name]Leela[/name]- does it sound too nicknamey?
[name]Ramona[/name]- what nicknames work for this name
[name]Marigold[/name]- w/ nn [name]Goldie[/name]
[name]Honey[/name]- is this too cutesy and not serious enough?
[name]Asa[/name]- i know it’s a boy name, but i think it’s pretty- I’d just do [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Ada[/name].
[name]Margot[/name]- Great.
[name]Marlena[/name]- w/ nn marla- It’s alright, but I’m not a huge fan of the “arl” sound. I like [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Helena[/name], and [name]Elena[/name].
[name]Darla[/name]- also maybe too cutesy?- It’s too fusty for me.
[name]June[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this!
[name]Corinne[/name]- how would you pronounce this when you read it?- co-[name]RIN[/name]. I love this name.
[name]Joan[/name]- called [name]Joanie[/name] pretty much all the time so [name]Joan[/name] would just be for birth certificate.- I prefer [name]June[/name].
My favorites, in order: [name]Leela[/name], [name]Corinne[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Margot[/name]

THANK YOU!!! alll the feedback is great! [name]Corinne[/name] is my favorite, but i don’t know how i feel about the lack of clarity w/ the pronunciation.

[name]Leela[/name]- I’ve always seen this one spelled [name]Leila[/name].
[name]Ramona[/name]- this one’s okay - mostly because I associate it with [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Quimby[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name]- pretty, but there’s not a lot of substance
[name]Honey[/name]- this is a term of endearment to me, not a name.
[name]Asa[/name]- is a boy name
[name]Margot[/name] - not a fan
[name]Marlena[/name]- very pretty
[name]Darla[/name]- too cutesy
[name]June[/name] - love it.
[name]Corinne[/name]- core-in - also a very pretty name.
[name]Joan[/name]- would prefer [name]Jane[/name]. This one seems a little dated.

Top 3:
1 [name]Corinne[/name]
2 [name]June[/name]
3 [name]Marlena[/name]